Amazon Fire TV Stick

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There is, just follow my instructions and you will have Kodi installed on your Amazon Fire TV/stick. Christ, if @Trem can do it anyone can :)
This is an ongoing joke T, @Trem is too stupid to use Plex you see...

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
This is an ongoing joke T, @Trem is too stupid to use Plex you see...
Trem is too clever to realise that Plex is shit and doesn't have to use it because the masses say so. If the lord of FH agrees with me I must be right.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Trem is too clever to realise that Plex is shit and doesn't have to use it because the masses say so. If the lord of FH agrees with me I must be right.
Nah

Trem

Honestly I would try it if the file structure wasn't so obsessive and riddled with AIDS, it even puts the samples of stuff I've downloaded into it's own fucking category and there is no way around it. I just want a list of what I have as it is on my server. Plex can fuck right off, I can't find anything I want to watch through it, and it can shove its cover art up it's fucking arse as well.

Gays and girls prefer Plex:eek:

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Honestly I would try it if the file structure wasn't so obsessive and riddled with AIDS, it even puts the samples of stuff I've downloaded into it's own fucking category and there is no way around it. I just want a list of what I have as it is on my server. Plex can fuck right off, I can't find anything I want to watch through it, and it can shove its cover art up it's fucking arse as well.

Gays and girls prefer Plex:eek:
Says the man who can't figure out that Plex can display by Show, Series, Episode (as in every episode), etc :p

Trem

Can it, and how much user fucking about does that take that I can't be arsed with when Kodi does it straight off the bat? Why would I bother when there is a program that does what I want instantly and also has Icefilms etc?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can it, and how much user fucking about does that take that I can't be arsed with when Kodi does it straight off the bat? Why would I bother when there is a program that does what I want instantly and also has Icefilms etc?
Yes, toggle setting so less than 1 second.

Plex also has Icefilms.

tmp_19129-Screenshot_2015-04-25-22-41-21668919675.png tmp_19129-Screenshot_2015-04-25-22-43-20-1393084046.png

Trem

Nah, toggle setting does not stop it from sorting out my library.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hang on, does Plex make changes to your media library? ie physical moves or renames?

Trem

Hang on, does Plex make changes to your media library? ie physical moves or renames?
Not on the server end but if you go through Plex to watch your stuff it is all over the place, so if you have downloaded movies that contain samples in that folder or like me you have loads of kids shows it rearranges them into different folders and spreads them out all over the fucking place, so if my girl want's to watch The Smurfs for instance it isn't a case of going to that folder through Plex, it's a case of searching through where you think it's put it.

I have tried to turn this option off and it says it is off but it simply will not stop from auto sorting, the same goes for the on deck option which is also a shit and pointless idea, I have listened to what Meg and Cally have said but the option does not stop Plex from doing this, it simply will not stop it from auto sorting your library for itself. Not to mention it plays stuff back more stuttery than Kodi, especially MKV's.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, none whatsoever. It scans through and catalogues your library, that's all.
Not on the server end but if you go through Plex to watch your stuff it is all over the place, so if you have downloaded movies that contain samples in that folder or like me you have loads of kids shows it rearranges them into different folders and spreads them out all over the fucking place, so if my girl want's to watch The Smurfs for instance it isn't a case of going to that folder through Plex, it's a case of searching through where you think it's put it.

I have tried to turn this option off and it says it is off but it simply will not stop from auto sorting, the same goes for the on deck option which is also a shit and pointless idea, I have listened to what Meg and Cally have said but the option does not stop Plex from doing this, it simply will not stop it from auto sorting your library for itself. Not to mention it plays stuff back more stuttery than Kodi, especially MKV's.
None of the stuff you've mentioned happens on mine @Trem so I think I'll stop poking you with a stick as it's likely the way you've got your library structured. On Deck is basically the next episode from any series you've started watching and works perfectly on mine, it's no different than when you're watching a series on Netflix, press play on the main menu and you're into the next episode from that show, if that's not working then there's something fundamentally wrong with the setup.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I haven't had any of the issues Trem is talking about. I add a new show episode or film to a folder which Plex is monitoring (I use a program called the Renamer to rename files in line with the TV or Movie DB) then it quickly just adds that episode or film within Plex. I have 4 folders set up: Movies, Kids Movies, TV Shows, Kids TV Shows.

That's so that I can allow access to Plex on the tablet my son uses and he can freely choose what he wants to watch (although currently it's always with us anyway). The episodes or films show up exactly where I would expect them. I can only conclude that this is a "Trem" (tm) issue!

Trem

Its stuff like all the cartoons I have that get separated from where they are within the view on Plex, and I have a folder with hundreds of old adverts in it and it displays each of them instead of just keeping the folder as is.

I have a big music library as well.

I have tried and tried to use Plex but I just can't get on with it and I have to think about my wife and kids and they know where the stuff is that they want to watch, if they went through Plex it would cause endless nightmares.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
(I use a program called the Renamer to rename files in line with the TV or Movie DB)
Have you tried FileBot? I mean, if you're happy with The Renamer then by all means stick with it but I find Filebot much more intuitive, especially once the renaming expressions are set up. It's an absolute godsend. I drag all of my recently downloaded MKVs into it and it renames them and moves them to the archive drives, ready for (sorry @Trem) Plex (just kidding, I'm not sorry at all) to add them to its library.

(I'm also running all of that on Ubuntu so The Renamer is out of the window from the off there.)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I love it. Simple. Shame I couldn't buy 2 with the Prime offer.

Trem

I love it. Simple. Shame I couldn't buy 2 with the Prime offer.
Same here, got Genesis on it now as well (ice films seems to be having issues), may as well sell my home theatre PC at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom