Allow Bounty Points to Restore Item Durability In Frontiers?

Allow Bounty Points to Restore Item Durability In Frontiers

• Allow a crafter to repair lost dur with the persons BPs (the owner of the item) or special farmed it

Votes: 195 43.1%
  • Allow yes self to repair your artifact and quest items durability only?

Votes: 128 28.3%
  • Allow crafters to repair all items durability with a huge amount of BPs or special farmed items?

Votes: 129 28.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
The idea have merit, though paying with bounty points sounds too much like handing out free lunches. Since the items you would like to get repaired are exceptional (hopefully) the cost to get them repaired should be (very) high. I suspect the hard currency in this game, among those that are hit by the low durability issue, is the realm points. Maybe payment should be made out of those, a noticable reduction in the accumulated realm point tally would be better, bounty points is something you get for free while running around in emain and is hardly an effort. It would have you balance benefit of repair versus cost and force you to make a hard decision. Such a set up would hit the powergamer more than the casual player but that is no different from the effect of the durability rule.

Allowing crafters to do the repair would provide them with some more work, but with 13 crafters on the dozen, I have a feeling the price will fall fast leading to even more imbalance in the player economy than we have now.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
That assumes everyone spends their time scrabbling round for RPs in Emain.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i have a better idea, allow BP to be used to pay an NPC to take the item off you and restet the Quest/OTD/Artifact for you. That way you have to go off an re-get the item same as anyone else that wants it.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>That assumes everyone spends their time scrabbling round for RPs in Emain.

True but from what I have read on this board a vocal minority (?) considers that exercise the only reason to play the game after dinging 50. :)

But at the end of the day, why should the game offer free lunches to the players? If you got everything handed to you without an effort, where is the sense of accomplishment?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
I don't think Dura should be repairable, but I do think you should be able to trade in 'worn out' items to have the quest/artifact encounter reset for you.

You mean, when an artifact wears out (Hmmm, if I only use my artis in rvr this might take quite a while, o), I have to go do the screwed up arti-xping which is 1 of the most frustrating things mythic added to daoc ? :)

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I would vote no. What about us PvE'ers, no BPs=No fix.

Sorry, but I (like a lot of ppl) am not an RL whore, I do enjoy a lil RvR but not to the extent your talking about.
What about the people who want to rvr? Theya re forced to pve..

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo just do so u can repair unlimited, to sucky to get the arti encounter again, since lvling is a pain. And same for quest items, so it cant be exploited

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
You mean, when an artifact wears out (Hmmm, if I only use my artis in rvr this might take quite a while, o), I have to go do the screwed up arti-xping which is 1 of the most frustrating things mythic added to daoc ? :)

Its just that the idea of running up to a merchent and saying

"Here's my uber staff of wtfpwnage with 100% cast speed bonus, 500% dmg bonus, etc, etc... i'm going to pay 500bp, now restore its dura so I can get back to making the emain cows squeal like the bitch-pigs they are"

doesn't strike me as very poetic. Especially when they were designed to be non-replacable in the first place. If your artifact is really that important to you that you really, absolutly cannot under any circumstances replace it then I really don't see the problem.

And just to clarify i'm not a PvE zeolot, i'm not about to pick up my sign and prance around screaming

"Do it my way or fucking well die bitches"

In a loud voice. I happen to think the decay rate on Artifacts is bullshit, for the reason I stated above (if you have to look up - your an idiot... or have the retention span of a 2yr old... either way don't bother replying, I don't care about your opinion anyway :p)

And yes Artifact levelling is a bitch, I know. I play a Healer. I've been leveling the Scorpion Tail Ring. Believe me, I know what a fucking bitch levelling artifacts can be.

On a final note, thats some mighty stl0ng bumpage just to quote me. My ego's getting all inflated :D

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Truly, I think there should be way how to restore lost durability of your artifacts. Especially for players (like me for example) who can hardly afford spending 100 rl hours with leveling an arti (counted from leveling Winged helm with paladin). Such players rather give up collecting artis cause it's effectivity is much much worse...

For example with time I can spend online I'd spend 2 months rl with leveling one arti. Soo, I rather craft myself set and ask some scer to spellcraft it. Then I can enjoy 90 hours of fun instead of 90 hours uber-boredom. Artis are nice, but truly only for people sitting @ DAoC 10 hrs a day++.

So, I say Yes to this. Give special Dur stones (let's say one gives u back 15-20% Dur in same chance as for crafting qua is) to monsters that used to be attractive in past (Llyn Barfog, Dartmoor, Sidi etc.; this would resurrect good old locations). Let crafters/NPC smiths use these stones to regain your lost Durability.

That way I think I would start considering spending 100 rl hours with leveling an arti. But till then? Waste of time.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Honza said:
Truly, I think there should be way how to restore lost durability of your artifacts. Especially for players (like me for example) who can hardly afford spending 100 rl hours with leveling an arti (counted from leveling Winged helm with paladin). Such players rather give up collecting artis cause it's effectivity is much much worse...

For example with time I can spend online I'd spend 2 months rl with leveling one arti. Soo, I rather craft myself set and ask some scer to spellcraft it. Then I can enjoy 90 hours of fun instead of 90 hours uber-boredom. Artis are nice, but truly only for people sitting @ DAoC 10 hrs a day++.

So, I say Yes to this. Give special Dur stones (let's say one gives u back 15-20% Dur in same chance as for crafting qua is) to monsters that used to be attractive in past (Llyn Barfog, Dartmoor, Sidi etc.; this would resurrect good old locations). Let crafters/NPC smiths use these stones to regain your lost Durability.

That way I think I would start considering spending 100 rl hours with leveling an arti. But till then? Waste of time.

it would be great if you needed a crafted to use the stones to
;) ohh and only artis and quest items, not crafted...

living

Fledgling Freddie
no. and its wrong to make a poll where you cant vote no cuz if people use their items so much thats its decayed be4 catacombs, they should stop using it in PVE or dont whine :)

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yes, another paid datadisc and another bunch of money for it and troubles with getting it.
This spreading conception is totaly stupid. They open new and new locations while you don't even have time to explore old ones. Make newer and yet more disbalanced abilities, new dungeons etc etc etc... Nice, but isn't it a bit pity to throw away old locations for new ones?
Is Mythic planning to spit one datadisc per year? This temp it's gonna be Dark Age of Empty Neverending Realms soon. Imho they should rather rebuild current locations, make them more dense, add few dungeons or so, but not whole 10001 locations again.
As well as with new equipment - one can't get one datadisc set sooner than new datadisc is out.

If they rather balanced realms finally. I would be more grateful than for another bunch of locations.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Archeon said:
I don't think Dura should be repairable, but I do think you should be able to trade in 'worn out' items to have the quest/artifact encounter reset for you.
totally agree on that one!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Surely there's an easier solution that this. Nothing mentions what happens to the scrolls you use to activate the arti. Lets assume their magic is "used up" and they do a Mission Impossible ("this scroll will self-destruct in 5 seconds").

You need to repair the item's durability? Farm (or buy) the scrolls again and hand them in to the Scholar complete with your arti at under 10% Dur and the Arti is restored. This would have the secondary benefit(?) of keeping demand for certain scrolls high, which is always a good way of non-hardcore players making money for artis/SC.

I can see a situation however where a certain type of player would just horde the hard-to-find scrolls for future use. I think there should be some limits placed on artifacts and scrolls, namely if your character has activated an artifact, he/she should no longer be able to pick up either unactivated versions of that arti OR the scrolls for it. Could lead to some fun and games when a full group of Scalars wearing high RR farming types kills a mob which drops MT3/3 and none of them can loot it!!! :flame:

Failing that, give the work to high-level Crafters. Make sure the artis are split between types of crafter (weapons to WCers, armour to ACers, bows/staves to Fletchers and jewellry to SCers). Make a potion at 1075 skill in the Alch line that is needed to fix ANY arti (to keep them involved). Make the process expensive, ie MINIMUM of 2p per arti COST PRICE and allow Crafters to make some cash on top of that.

Anyways, by the time all your artis are knackered, Catacombs will be here with even better items that actually involve you selling members of your immediate family to Mythic for use in their Class Balancing Department before you can use them and that only level off gray mobs from other realms killed on wet Tuesday mornings in mid-July...

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
You need to repair the item's durability? Farm (or buy) the scrolls again and hand them in to the Scholar complete with your arti at under 10% Dur and the Arti is restored. This would have the secondary benefit(?) of keeping demand for certain scrolls high, which is always a good way of non-hardcore players making money for artis/SC.

Interesting idea

Failing that, give the work to high-level Crafters. Make sure the artis are split between types of crafter (weapons to WCers, armour to ACers, bows/staves to Fletchers and jewellry to SCers). Make a potion at 1075 skill in the Alch line that is needed to fix ANY arti (to keep them involved). Make the process expensive, ie MINIMUM of 2p per arti COST PRICE and allow Crafters to make some cash on top of that.

Truly, alch line is roughly not paying off to choose and definitely needs something to boost. You can hardly earn some money crafting breath pots. Maybe, I would enhance requirements for that pot for following: certain ingredients are dropped only from uberuberuber mobs like Dragons, Legion, Behemoth, Apocallypse (and mids/hibs equivalents). That would also ressurect attractivity of these die-ing locations.
For normal things I'd require this, for arties ressurection, I'd require also scrolls+maybe even unactivated arti. After restoring con, alas, I'd not reset level of arti to zero, but would reduce it's total xp depending by quality of repair (94-100 % of former xp). - so for lvl 10 arti you could max. drop to 40% lvl 9 arti

That would make these repairs hard and expensive enough to achieve ballance in difficulty of regaining it.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
My two cents on the artifact durability problem: if an artifact is very important to you, don't use it in pve. If you don't play rvr and are sitting in front of your comp now giving me /rude, consider crafted weapons/AC for pve, and buy jewelry with toa bonuses on instead :p I think it's funny to see pve-chars from pve-guilds with 9 artifacts on them tbh. Imo most artifacts are designed for use in rvr, since they have stealth lore, fend mezz on CB, morphs to make you harder to target, resist piercing, etc - all things pretty useless in pve. So the argument that pve-only-players won't have the Bounty Points to restore durability on their 9 artifacts I won't comment ;)

As for the crafter solution; yes pls - give crafters a helping hand, they need a boost. An alch pot needed, then have really high crafters for the various items restoring durability is a good idea imo. On a sidenote tho: jewelry to SCers, or jewelry to ppl starting the new incoming trade jewelcraft? :D

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Like the idea of having a drop on a high lvl mob that restores artis (in an area that doesn't see much action)

Gives something for peeps who enjoy PVE to do, allows those who prefer RvR to keep the equipment that they've put a lot of effort into. If Mythic added some storyline about this rare item needing to be combined with its MP crafted counterpart you can also give crafters a bit of love.

Everyone's a winner

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
jewelry to SCers, or jewelry to ppl starting the new incoming trade jewelcraft? :D

Hmm, think scers are not class needed to be boosted. so I prolly would vote for jewelcrafters. After all, they'll have alot of slots to fill if jewelcrafting will be presented.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
u have an artifact and its at 70% before it lvl 10 what a waste should be able to repair once maybe twice

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Jewelcrafting has been cancelled.. not coming out anytime soon.

Personnaly, I think they ways offered here to repair an item are too easy.. I would prefer something along the lines of any crafter that can make an item of the same sort (weapon/armour/whatever) can return the durability back to 100%, but every time that is done, the quality of the item drops 1% or more.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
My two cents on the artifact durability problem: if an artifact is very important to you, don't use it in pve. If you don't play rvr and are sitting in front of your comp now giving me /rude, consider crafted weapons/AC for pve, and buy jewelry with toa bonuses on instead :p I think it's funny to see pve-chars from pve-guilds with 9 artifacts on them tbh. Imo most artifacts are designed for use in rvr, since they have stealth lore, fend mezz on CB, morphs to make you harder to target, resist piercing, etc - all things pretty useless in pve. So the argument that pve-only-players won't have the Bounty Points to restore durability on their 9 artifacts I won't comment ;)

you ever tried leveling cylops eye shield in rvr? sorry it doesn't work that well

thats just to name one artifact that does not level in rvr and there are plenty more

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Most items loose there abilities at <70% Durability, does this apply to Artifacts as well. Personally i do agree duarbility on artifacts should be recoverable.

maybe you could keep 100% durability and have artifacts drain experience and/or bounty points over time in recompense. would also deter people from outfitting themselves with tonnes of artifacts

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
When my Tartaros is at 0% durability, I will be quitting, CBA to collect a new Template. As we speak my tartaros is at 28% durability. Every time i use the bloody thing it loses like 2%con an hour.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Clipse said:
When my Tartaros is at 0% durability, I will be quitting, CBA to collect a new Template. As we speak my tartaros is at 28% durability. Every time i use the bloody thing it loses like 2%con an hour.
Either u cast to many spells or u do something stupid, for once, do u cast shild/selfbuffs/grp buffs with it on? If so this is like... stupid, change staff when not killing, and yes this is very easy done without resetting the 30 min timer on mcl 2 charge. I use tart, change it when i cast crack self buffs and so, lost 6 con so far in like 500.000 rps

And for all the others: Most artifacts last long, and half of em works just as well on 70%, Cloudsong for once, it lost 25 dura on 1 mil rps... and on 70% it loses no stats or anything. (armor loses af, items loses + skills, staffs loses VERY LITTLE focus)

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
Either u cast to many spells or u do something stupid, for once, do u cast shild/selfbuffs/grp buffs with it on? If so this is like... stupid, change staff when not killing, and yes this is very easy done without resetting the 30 min timer on mcl 2 charge. I use tart, change it when i cast crack self buffs and so, lost 6 con so far in like 500.000 rps

-I do change staffs to buff actually.
-Re-use timer is 15 mins on Tart
-I do nuke alot.
-Ok I exaggerated a little, but my Tart does lose 3-4% a night or 1% for every 10k of RPs.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Still can se how its posible, most my kills is solo kills from lt nuking... maybe im just lucky oO.
And yes tart is on 15min timer, its really lovly charge :)

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
Its not just the hardcore players that will suffer im afraid im a part time player and as soon as my SOM / GOV / GS breaks thats it for me unless they let us fix it or do a quest to get the duration bck up like come on peeps who would want to have it reset so you have to farm the scrolls farm the artifects all over again not Me no thank you hope fully they change it at one point so your artis can not be dmged

old.Whoodoo said:
I would vote no. What about us PvE'ers, no BPs=No fix.

Sorry, but I (like a lot of ppl) am not an RL whore, I do enjoy a lil RvR but not to the extent your talking about.

sure it says BP's or special items, which i imagine u get from pve :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:

Well you can re-level my malice to 10 again then cos I sure as hell aint gonna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom