Allow Bounty Points to Restore Item Durability In Frontiers?

Allow Bounty Points to Restore Item Durability In Frontiers

• Allow a crafter to repair lost dur with the persons BPs (the owner of the item) or special farmed it

Votes: 195 43.1%
  • Allow yes self to repair your artifact and quest items durability only?

Votes: 128 28.3%
  • Allow crafters to repair all items durability with a huge amount of BPs or special farmed items?

Votes: 129 28.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilda

Allow Bounty Points to Restore Item Durability In Frontiers?

Poll requested by Lejemorder

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Wheres teh 'no' option - dont allow this.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:
sorry didnt thought off that :)

my self: Allow a crafter to repair lost dur with the persons BPs (the owner of the item) or special farmed items on artifact and quest item only?

as i think i shall work like recharging an item :)

edit: Thanks alot tilda for making it :)

Xplo

Banned
I'd accept any way to repair duration on items that you can't get back :/

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think Dura should be repairable, but I do think you should be able to trade in 'worn out' items to have the quest/artifact encounter reset for you.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
i agree on the dur repair, whats the point in buying an average uber artifact+scrolls for ~30p to see it go p00f in a few weeks on heavy pve/rvr, or perhaps indeed a quest reset (altho non 50's can "abuse" that by doing a non 50 quest and reset it to gain xp the easy way)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:

yes edit this poll and start again please, its barely legible and has no 'no' option.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Archeon said:
I don't think Dura should be repairable, but I do think you should be able to trade in 'worn out' items to have the quest/artifact encounter reset for you.

<thumbs-up icon>

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
or perhaps indeed a quest reset (altho non 50's can "abuse" that by doing a non 50 quest and reset it to gain xp the easy way)

easily prevented, you need to hand in item to get quest reset, item needs to be at 10% durability or lower to be accepted

that way it is practicly unsploitable.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I would vote no. What about us PvE'ers, no BPs=No fix.

Sorry, but I (like a lot of ppl) am not an RL whore, I do enjoy a lil RvR but not to the extent your talking about.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
What possible good reason would you have for Voting No... :touch:

Many people would find this tool very useful especially with the time it takes to level artis. It would hurt no one to have this utility in the game and may even stop people leaving it. Think Ive stumbled onto something here oh! Im sorry thats why you want to vote no so that you stomp out the wretched hard core gamers without which I think the game would deterioate rather sharply.

There is no need to hit on hardcore gamers we're all playing the same game and want our own realms to be a success. I don't know if Im classed as a hardcore player either I don't care I like both styles of players in the game. Without either I feel the experiences and friendships I have forged would not exsist making the game a sad place to be.

Another thing to think about if the quest is reset and so on for people to redo, its the casual players who would suffer the most cause they would have the least time to redo the quests or arti hunting then levelling it again. Therefore shunning the very player type you so dearly want to fight for and no matter how casual the player the item will eventually break.

I would love for a system such as this to be in place and am going to vote yes :drink: when you vote don't be a selfish grumpy old man about it :kissit: .

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Would be simpler to just have no decay on quest items or artifacts (and make them no trade). Player crafted and dropped items would still decay at current (high) rates.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Esoteric said:
What possible good reason would you have for Voting No... :touch:

Because the reason Mythic used an Item Decay system was so that people had to change their templates (well their wern't templates back when the game started, but you know what I mean)

The whole idea behind it is that once your items are used up you have to explore more and find a new setup. This is called experiencing content. If there was no reason to farm anything other than cash then DF would be the only zone anyone 'camped'

Freetha

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
<- Agrees

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Because the reason Mythic used an Item Decay system was so that people had to change their templates (well their wern't templates back when the game started, but you know what I mean)

Yes when mythic "started the game" with toa it changes the game not just a little but a whole lot. Some artis are worst than levelling 40-50. Ive changed templates probably 5 times now with the various add-ons/patches and so on, never had a problem with it. But you now have to give your various bits and pieces "experience" and mucho of it too. If mythic don't find a way to solve this issue then first people will more than likely start to leave the game in the states then over here.

If one of my artis broke I would leave guarunteed, I spent X time farming the scrolls or cash on it X time getting it then X time exping it, this is a rather special item that deserves somehow for its longevity to be increased. As said if it broke this would be end game for many and thats why mythic will do something about it.

Tho I understand your reason it isn't a "good" one :kissit: .

Harthai

Fledgling Freddie
This could be a good thing,if its not over-abused.Maybe only the artis since theyre so hard to get

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I would vote no. What about us PvE'ers, no BPs=No fix.

Sorry, but I (like a lot of ppl) am not an RL whore, I do enjoy a lil RvR but not to the extent your talking about.

try read the questions again :) i mentiod both BPs and special farmed items (aka respec stones). :)
but yes the vote options "no" need in the poll i admit

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Esoteric said:
Tho I understand your reason it isn't a "good" one :kissit: .

Firstly, its not 'my' reason its Mythic's. I don't much care either way whether Dura is restorable or not. You asked for a reason and that was what I gave you so don't act all high and mighty just because I was trying to awnser your question.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
Ooh. Guess what, people want to have to farm more items to keep their uber gear. It sounds like a great idea to me :twak:

Firstly, most of the player base whines about the time it takes to farm all the stuff in ToA at level 50 to stay viable in RvR or PvE. Now you want to farm more stuff?

This might seem backward to you, but how about you go back to your old template, or make a new template once you've worn out your current arti's?

Ooh. Or even better, don't do things that definately do not need your arti's in your arti's. For example, farming money in PvE. Using your armour sparingly should increase the durability greatly.

Please, whatever you do, don't ask for more mandatory item/BP/money farming. :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Seems a lot of people forget this game is supposed to provide an equal share of PvE and RvR, this dur complaint is bias toward the RvR whores, whove "done" thier PvE bit. Sorry, but you havnt.

While I do agree the new degrade on items is appauling, this suggestion of an easy fix is way too easy. Everything in this game is a challenge, so why not this too. Like Arch said (sorta quoting Mythic) that when your items wear, go find new ones.

Lets face it, for every player theres probably 5-6 different templates you can use, capping 90% or more on every one. Catacombes will probably provide more, so for MP gear at least you have 6 avenues:

SI quests
ToA Quests
ToA Artifacts
Crafted
Catacombes (one day)
Caer Sidi / TG / the hib one :p

And epic gear, but thats old hat, so I wont include it.

One suggestion I would make, is to make repairing items only doable by GM crafters, and it should cost in materials. The higher the crafter, the better the repair and the less dur lost to it. This gives us crafters use again (as ToA has killed our trades off badly!) and something else the hours we poured into it can help by allowing us to charge. For example:

Level 50 Cloak (Say harpie one), can only be repaired by a 1100+ Tailor, no other crafter. Cost = 5 Silksteel cloth per 1% con loss. Then the higher the tailor is above that (1-56) is the % of dur lost/con. We can then charge for the service on top of the materials cost.

EG: Item has lost 20% con, 1156 tailor repairs, cost is 20*5 silksteel.
Dur loss = 56% of 20 = 11.

For a say 1100, loss would be 20%. 1120 = 16% dur etc etc.

You could cap the loss at 50% - say level 40-49 items could be done by 1000-1099 crafters, the loss capped at 50%.

This would give all crafters back a lil respect, and get us making uber cash again :) Just my suggestion to ease the burden of you having to PvE more eh.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Or just make it so you can pay with gold, and bouty points.. therefore PvE peeps and RvR peeps are both happy.

Could be like rent points.. 1% durability could cost 15g or 30bp or something. Just need to experiment with the numbers.

/edit Also make the dragons drop Durability Restore Stones, which can restore the Durability on every item you wear? Or should it just be single items?

Could also add something in darkness merchants that restore durability on an item, ie a emerald durabilty restore can restore item's durabilty below lvl 35, and dias ones at lvl 49+. Sapphires in between.

Just suggesting ideas, feel free to discuss apon them, or reject them.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I still think flagging normal quest items so that you can redo the quest when item hits 10% Dur is the best one. Having to use BPs would really punish the non-RvR fanatics.

For Artifacts, have some weird process do-able only by LGM crafters maybe, since it would be kind of sucky to have to get the arti again and re-XP it again.

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
you need to hand in item to get quest reset, item needs to be at 10% durability or lower to be accepted

I like this, it would also make it usefull for those without huge amounts of BP's(PvEr's etc)

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
easily prevented, you need to hand in item to get quest reset, item needs to be at 10% durability or lower to be accepted

that way it is practicly unsploitable.

With my servant necro I can get any item (bar staves and weapons) to 10% dur within an hour :puke:

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
That's what I said before we even got close to getting TOA in Europe.
Certain quest items and artifacts should be replaceable.

I don't care much how hard it should be, but it should be possible, because (eventually) rerolling a character over something like this is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom