All the new small Guilds

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all ,
i have been noticing lots of new small guilds popping up , about the same size as my guild <Immortals> most of them have about 1/3 - 1/2 the ammount needed for RvRing , and like me most small guilds are being very stubborn and will not leave their guilds etc. tbh , less with the new small guilds and more with the reinforcing of current guilds! If we did this or all small guilds merged together we could have another guild in with the likes of TDS - Rigante - PL and the likes

Post Back!

Morphius!

Darklis

One of Freddy's beloved
Alternatively you could join an alliance that welcomes small guilds? [plugs, quite unsubtly]

KotFK are small, but as an alliance we rvr loads, enough to satisfy my bloodlust anyway :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
some people dont want to lose their identity or guild names, some are older than DAOC and they feel quite attached to them, this is the reason alliances are available , and are by far a more sensible option :touch:

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Morphius said:
Hi all ,
i have been noticing lots of new small guilds popping up , about the same size as my guild <Immortals> most of them have about 1/3 - 1/2 the ammount needed for RvRing , and like me most small guilds are being very stubborn and will not leave their guilds etc. tbh , less with the new small guilds and more with the reinforcing of current guilds! If we did this or all small guilds merged together we could have another guild in with the likes of TDS - Rigante - PL and the likes

Post Back!

Morphius!

Hi Morphius :)

Some friends and I started one of those new "small guilds" two weeks ago. Our goal atm is to get to 50. At 50 i dont know what will happen, we might start to invite more people so we can do fg rvr or if we arn't in the mood for that we will probarly try to get into one of the other guilds out there.
The reason why we made a new guild was to have a laugh :) we are atm 3(4 actually but one aint online that often) Danes and 1 Swede (lol xD), we all got chars (some mains) on hib/excal but only 3 of us really knew eachother in the start. We arn't really looking for any new members atm, but u never know xD

The reason why i am in a small guild like the one we got atm, is because u can always get a nice casual duo going (or a small group) or have a nice chat in /gu, and as a new player on alb/pryd it's nice to have some new people on the same server to talk to also :p

Swipe - Running with Scissors

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I started up <Stigmata> aye the pig emblemed guild :clap:

atm we are nearly able to run 2fg(split from each other ofc)

we have 1fg going every day with reps always avaible.

:cheers:

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
chims , i wouldnt call <Stigmata> a small guild tbh , i know its new , but deffo not small , makes me jealous , new guilds pop=up and are immediatly bigger than mine :twak: u all , hehe j/k

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Chim what happened to kupo oO

Chimaira said:

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I like all the new small guilds, you have fun trying to spot them all :)

Alternatively, I have a funny story about a guild who approached me, who were smaller than the ShadowBrothers wanting us to merge into them taking on their name. In the conversation following this, much hilarity ensued :)

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
oO oh thought they split up entirely.

PM me further if you like fill me in ^^.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
hello Steffan :) remember fighting dinosaurs in Minas Tirith? hehe :)

^^ kinda thing that will be lost on most small guilds, but that's why we keep em small, so as to not alarm the public :)

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Ilaya ^^

Yeah i remember, those were the days :) the mighty giant lizards hehe, dont know why but untill like 2 months ago i thought they were lvl 50+, but as i were abit bored i decided to go take a look with my bard and got abit disappointed to find out they coned grey xD

How is your champ bp btw ?

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

hmmm interesting :(

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Yeeeeeeeyeye Neon started it with me. are ya happeh now m8ty? :cheers:
:clap:

credit where credit is due m8....but as it goes am well happy way things are going for us m8

Danhyr

Fledgling Freddie
Once i remember maybe a year ago maybe more.. the immortals was a big guild out there like others... Hey Chim???? :wub: We even had our own cool alliance. we had some great names back then

Me of Course
Maxgirth
Niacin
Mis
Leviathane
Robyne

just to name a few....

Danhyr Merc rr5L7
Silmaron 700+ sc
and the rest

EX GM of the Immortals :p

Now proud member of Uranicus Phalanx

T

tadie

Chimaira said:

Bah, Stigmata would be nothing without the old NF members ;)

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone wants to be a GM nowdays imo. Mebbe in a few years time one alb guild will make it past 100k :touch:

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Doink-666 said:
Everyone wants to be a GM nowdays imo. Mebbe in a few years time one alb guild will make it past 100k :touch:

100k lol?
Yeah really takes loads of effort to get :x

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Amelyn said:
100k lol?
Yeah really takes loads of effort to get :x

This comming from a person who runs in a regular grp for Emain? Ur reply is surprising :eek7:

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
righty.. a serious post for once from me..

i do know what pulling togehter so called small guilds can add to.. done it before.

several small guilds usually ends in 2-3 super strong large guilds in end if they stick together..

i know no little guild wants to lose identity when they start.. they got dreams and aspirations.. but peeps fall away and stuff, peeps level and want more..

rather than ask all the so called small guilds to join largers guilds.. why not have them form a mini alliance?

prolly only be 2 *big* guild big, but they keep identity, and can be contacted if an emergency happens..

THR are set up for crafter guild atm with me at helm.. not meant to be serious.. but a guild like mine can help out in big way.. other so called small guilds adding to this can make our erm.. small alliance quite useful :)

as long as u use tools available to you all, like /b in big catchment areas.. its shouldnt matter so much how many guilds or alliances are knocking about.. use them they there, we aint gonna complain if a RR is spammed on /b somewhere ffs :)

let the little guilds stay little until they decide to become bigger.. then u get the requests for joining.. just natural..

i got lucky with my so-called temporary guild on exc.. kinda stayed.. sometimes it happens and pays off :) dont ask us all to disband just yet :)

Shinlu

Fledgling Freddie
tadie said:
Bah, Stigmata would be nothing without the old NF members ;)

But us NF-players wouldn't have made the same amount rp without Chim and co .

:clap:

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Doink-666 said:
This comming from a person who runs in a regular grp for Emain? Ur reply is surprising :eek7:
I do? not afaik

edit: Hey its GUILDS we are talking about. Not single person RPs :m00:

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
Just a little history, regarding Rigante, we started off as a fairly small guild a few ex members of UP wanted to form their own guild (18 months ago possibly more), we were in an alliance with various other small guilds Dark Wombles Llama Cavalry Knights of Dark Reknown, plus a few others. Over time the guild grew and recruited a few more people. On average id say we had about 12 on line ( a nice number for a n00b guild). It was then decided through mutual consent and much xping together that Dark Wombles would be abosorbed by the Rigante, thus bolstering our numbers to about 20 on an average week night. By this time a lot of these smaller guilds were vanishing and the alliance was ineffective i think the remainder of that alliance merged together and became DLK. We joined the unity alliance (about a year or so ago) at which time it was the main alliance in alb (consisting of PL GK TDS GoP AoD AoV Ourselves OOTKT plus a few others whose names escape me). During this time we were approached by another guild (Red Shadows, i think, sorry guys cant remmeber) whom by mutual consent once more were aborbed into ourselves. By now (6 months ago) unity was pretty much dead in the water a lot of "active guilds" (AoD GoP) had left and those remaining werent really cooperating with each other. We decided to cut our losses and go it alone until we could find a like minde alliance (active in both RVR and PVE) fortunately we were priviledged to join GoP's alliance. Which to this day is functioning just how we would like (regular PVE hunts, good RVR intel, and a relaxed atmosphere).

My opinion on small guilds is, what do you want from the game, if you are just a group of friends playing together, great. If you have aspiriations of becoming one of the 'larger' guilds in alb, consult other like minded smaller guilds and merge. Small alliances can be fun, but in the greater scheme of things it is good to have a few large guilds willing to run around and defend the frontiers (im not referring to excal raids), im refering to keep takes by opposing realms, it seems that its the same old faces in alb. It would be refreshing to see another alb guild out there that is interested in defending their land and attacking mid/hib, not just whoring rps in emain.

Ramble over

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for all the response serious posters - go burn somewhere post farmers.. j/k but pls keep out of serious threads. Ill have some meets with the other small guilds and im sure we'll find a compromise. maybe start as an alliance , then after time we can merge together to form one guild , then you maybe GoP alliance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom