all realms adding

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but its life lad, I pay to play how and when I want, I abide by the rules of the game and the spirit of those rules and the nature of the game, therefore I kill what I want when I want.

What is killing the game in reality, is the anally retentive leetzor players ramming "twue hewo pwaystyles for teh win!!" down other players necks till it starts eminating from their arses. Adding is bullshit, its a poor mans excuse for "I played a mutliplayer game and got my arse whooped". Its made worse by "I was dumb enough to hang out at one of the most popular bottlenecks in the game and died, my mum says he added!".

Ive said it a thousand times, want 1v1 theres a shed load of games out there for those in favour of hand to gland combat with a box of kleenex. Its the insults and abuse that puts more people off than adding, tell me different and I point you at the most popular servers like Classic and the German/French servers where "adding" happens 24/7 and no one gives a sh*t. Then I will also point you at the RvR section where anyone below RR5 who cant kill an RR10 is called a n00b and told to f*ck off back to kindergarten. This sh*te mentality only exists on servers like this one.

and in what kind of way are you any better than those you call "leetzor" players ?
You're doing just the same you're complaining about.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sorry, but its life lad, I pay to play how and when I want, I abide by the rules of the game and the spirit of those rules and the nature of the game, therefore I kill what I want when I want.

What is killing the game in reality, is the anally retentive leetzor players ramming "twue hewo pwaystyles for teh win!!" down other players necks till it starts eminating from their arses. Adding is bullshit, its a poor mans excuse for "I played a mutliplayer game and got my arse whooped". Its made worse by "I was dumb enough to hang out at one of the most popular bottlenecks in the game and died, my mum says he added!".

Ive said it a thousand times, want 1v1 theres a shed load of games out there for those in favour of hand to gland combat with a box of kleenex. Its the insults and abuse that puts more people off than adding, tell me different and I point you at the most popular servers like Classic and the German/French servers where "adding" happens 24/7 and no one gives a sh*t. Then I will also point you at the RvR section where anyone below RR5 who cant kill an RR10 is called a n00b and told to f*ck off back to kindergarten. This sh*te mentality only exists on servers like this one.

:clap::clap::worthy:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
and in what kind of way are you any better than those you call "leetzor" players ?

In any server people are going to leave for a large variety of reasons.

What keeps the server going is the influx of new players.

On the server which has the no adding rules (the l33ts server) then a newbie strolling out to rvr gets his arse handed to him, told to piss off and leaves.
On the server which has free for all rvr the newbie can go out and have fun.

The reason dyvet died and the other servers are still surviving is simply that it became very very newbie unfriendly.
Both sides of the fence are just as much at fault but it doesn't change the fact that one server type can survive and one server type can't, and all the people screaming "don't add" are responsible for killing the server, not because they are any more responsible for the bickering and mud slinging.. but because they are fighting for the side that can't sustain itself long term.

If people joined the game as 1v1 gods then it wouldn't matter, but as so many people have pointed out so many times, we all started as the newbie with no clue how to play.. and unless the "adder" has a place on the server it's numbers are going to go downwards.

Adding never has and never will kill the server. It caused some people to leave sure, but if you removed adding you'd cause all the people who can't compete 1v1 to leave as well, and end up with a server that was just as dead as the other way round, but with no hope of any new players ever!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
So there's just the option of "F*ck off leave my solo kill alone!" and "F*ck off! It's my god given right to zerg everyone I want ?"

How about somewhere in between ? Help that noob against that RR10+ guy, but leaving that lowbie alone that's actually getting the upper hand on a high ranking player for once is too hard, right?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Anything that takes you out of the "real world" and puts you in a fantasy one is roleplaying.

Its when those two worlds collide, and you get 400lb female elves in lycra walking down your local High Street, that is when it gets wrong!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
So there's just the option of "F*ck off leave my solo kill alone!" and "F*ck off! It's my god given right to zerg everyone I want ?"

How about somewhere in between ? Help that noob against that RR10+ guy, but leaving that lowbie alone that's actually getting the upper hand on a high ranking player for once is too hard, right?

I'd expect an actual newbie to not really know the difference between those 2 scenario's, especially in the heat of the moment. Many players probably do follow those rules, you just never hear about them.

The "F*ck off! It's my god given right to zerg everyone I want ?" attitude only arrived after the rr10+ guy in your example then came here to almost certainly bitch at the 2 adding idiots he just fought every night for 2 months. It's an attitude that's developed from hours of being bitched at for killing anything at all.
In fact if i'm not mistaken then that line was actually given to someone who felt the need to actually go log on a character on another realm to bitch at the guy who just killed him. Bets on there being another side to that particular story that got omitted.

Sarasor

Fledgling Freddie
I'd expect an actual newbie to not really know the difference between those 2 scenario's, especially in the heat of the moment. Many players probably do follow those rules, you just never hear about them.

Think I've had more lowbies leave me alone, then actually high RR chars.

I understand and don't mind that rr2's and 3's and such group up, that's cool with me. What sometimes makes me wonder is, when my rr4 ns is fighting some alb( from rr1 to rr11), I often see 2-3 high RR scouts add in, maybe a rr8-9 inf, and often a rr10-11 visual also. What fun could there be in it for someone as high ranking as em? "HAHA, we fucked him over good!" :clap:

With someone that has got several millions of rps, has he never wondered if it would be more interresting to test his skill against someone, to see what he could do?

Without resistance I get too easily boored, but that might just be me, but then again, it might be that glorious next rank that encourages others to take the easy way....

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Sarasor: Sadly, the game is built in a way that encourages adding on fights. Why I am sad because of it? No, I don't like Solo fights.

I am a PVE type of player, and I think some old TOA raids (before they made them simple), some other epic encounters, etc. in DAOC are much better than then options in other games. Even if I compare to games that designed around raids (say WoW).

Not only this: but in many cases I don't like PVP games and PVP in games for many reasons. In an online game it can end up like this adding argument, so I prefer to avoid it, with 3 exceptions. ML10, where it makes a raid more challenging, and one can accept it, even if it is bad to get some visitors from otherrealms. And siege warfare in RPGs, and I also like some simulators.

I would love if the game, on normal servers, would allow everyone to hae fun his / her way. I wouldn't PVP, and I wouldn't add. But I have to RvR to get the much needed RAs, and I won't do it with a built permanent groups, so I have to do with what I can get. And sadly: My best chance is to farm anyone I can farm. So red is dead.

There are 3 options:

1st: We act as friends, help each other, and you support PVE playstyle, and as there are RvR ways to Earn MLs, there will be PVE ways to earn RAs... I would love it, and this is why I prefer to play on Gaheris when I can. I will try my best to support your soloing.
2nd: You will understand the game won't be ideal for you, me or anyone. But it has strenghts and weaknesses and you have to accept adds, and if you complain, organize solo areas, etc. you risk some punishment.
3rd: Things stay as they are, and both sides will be unhappy, and people will leave, etc.

I am quite fed up with soloers trying to explain they should get everything even if others get nothing, but others are bad since they say: giving out such stuff to soloers would work only if the game would become better for others (and wouldn't get much worse).

Soloers, and other leet crew saying: it is greedy to be wanting basic RAs to enjoy PVE, and saying: Either we both play the game as is, or if we want improvement, we shouldn't ruin the game for each other, but everyone should get important problems fixed.

As long as soloers and some of the fg crew stays the same, the game is dieing.

You see the same soloers, the same fg crews complaining on fh now and before. And when the complaining started you said: your kind will leave if others won't change for you.

Your kind stayed.
Others left.
No newbies like the server.
And the cluster is dead.

If you want a living server things can't stay your way. And won't stay your way, since there are not enough free targets left and you turn on each other.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Long post to quote

I understand what you're saying but I don't really think that anyone's bitching about people that need the basic RAs in their toons, unless everyone's waiting till rr11 to get em :p

Good post tho. I don't mind if I get added on by new players, but at least give me a proper excuse, not something like everyone adds or "I pay my subs" bollocs excuse. I'd rather hear something like "I need the rps!"

Anyway, gn all :)

kivik

Part of the furniture
old.woodoo said:

Heh, it's couldn't possibly be so that 'for the realm players' ruined it for 'the l33ts' and 'the l33ts' ruined it for the 'for the realm players'? :)

Comparing the Dyvet sítuation with any server with a healthy population is stupid :)

People whine about adds, zergs, l33ts and crap there too. And people who come on their forum and ask a newbie question sure as hell get flamed to hell and back.

And now why don't they have an abandoned server? Well quite frankly I don't know, maybe they're not fucking wussies that feels like the server is shit when they get flamed/added once. Or maybe it has something to do with the population, shit action+getting added/flamed = quit? :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hardly, I see the game for what it is, designed to give gameplay between environment and a mass of players simitaneously, from the solo player to the zerg alike. Imagine now if the "adding" whine was reversed, and you could only go RvR with an 8 man, what would that whine be?

Im asking people to quit the add/zerg/solo/leet whines and face reality that sh*t happens, the game is based around kicking the crap out of each others realms, and thats it. Dying is a part of the game, and if you dont like how/why you die, theres solo games out there that tell you exactly how, and you cant blame anyone else but yourself for dying. Sadly there are also forums for those, but the debate is a little one sided ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, it's couldn't possibly be so that 'for the realm players' ruined it for 'the l33ts' and 'the l33ts' ruined it for the 'for the realm players'? :)

Comparing the Dyvet sítuation with any server with a healthy population is stupid :)
Hardly, up until the launch of WoW and the Pryd DB crash Dyvet was a damn healthy server, then came the GOA excuses and Opentranshite, then the bullying from so called leet soloers, who in reality duo'd or grouped their way to RR8+ then went solo and became born again twats, then the patch delays....and on and on. Theres no one thing thats killed Dyvet, but its not the game dying, as so many didnt quit, they moved elsewhere to find improved action, beit to US or to the German servers, the players are still here, its just the Dyvet cluster remains did a lot of damage.

People whine about adds, zergs, l33ts and crap there too. And people who come on their forum and ask a newbie question sure as hell get flamed to hell and back.
See my point yet? Oh you just did :)

And now why don't they have an abandoned server? Well quite frankly I don't know, maybe they're not fucking wussies that feels like the server is shit when they get flamed/added once. Or maybe it has something to do with the population, shit action+getting added/flamed = quit? :)
For the majority or players left on Dyvet, theres a few reasons:

1. My mates are here, cant leave em like!
2. After 5 years, 99 toons and RR57, I dont want to move elsewhere.
3. I just love pissing people off till the server dies mwahaha!!
4. Ive paid this long, and Im casual, heck im stayin!
5. I cant speak American...
6. I cant speak German...

The big issue now is that Mr RR1 cant kill Mr RR10 for obvious reasons, now other twats have also tried to declare adding, which being realistic is the best way anyone sub-RR5 can get any.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Hardly, up until the launch of WoW and the Pryd DB crash Dyvet was a damn healthy server, then came the GOA excuses and Opentranshite, then the bullying from so called leet soloers, who in reality duo'd or grouped their way to RR8+ then went solo and became born again twats, then the patch delays....and on and on. Theres no one thing thats killed Dyvet, but its not the game dying, as so many didnt quit, they moved elsewhere to find improved action, beit to US or to the German servers, the players are still here, its just the Dyvet cluster remains did a lot of damage.

old.Whoodoo said:
What is killing the game in reality, is the anally retentive leetzor players ramming "twue hewo pwaystyles for teh win!!"

:confused:

Oh and calling all soloers twats and saying they all zerged to rr8+ shows what kind of grasp you got of reality.

old.Whoodoo said:
See my point yet? Oh you just did :)

What?

old.Whoodoo said:
For the majority or players left on Dyvet, theres a few reasons:

1. My mates are here, cant leave em like!
2. After 5 years, 99 toons and RR57, I dont want to move elsewhere.
3. I just love pissing people off till the server dies mwahaha!!
4. Ive paid this long, and Im casual, heck im stayin!
5. I cant speak American...
6. I cant speak German...

What? I was talking about the healthy servers, why they still got people playing while there's whines about zerging, adding and elitists there too.

old.Whoodoo said:
The big issue now is that Mr RR1 cant kill Mr RR10 for obvious reasons, now other twats have also tried to declare adding, which being realistic is the best way anyone sub-RR5 can get any.

What obvious reasons? Because he simply is too lazy to get a proper template and put down time to master his class?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
What obvious reasons? Because he simply is too lazy to get a proper template and put down time to master his class?

RR10 >>> RR1 perhaps??

or that isn't obvious enough for you?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
RR10 >>> RR1 perhaps??

or that isn't obvious enough for you?

depends on the class, Valk does very well against stealther duos even at RR1.
Even puts up quite a fight against RR7+ tanks.

Pretty much everything with Lifetaps or a shield does quite well against classes without it :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
No it's not.

Actually it very much is!
Unless your actually saying that having more damage, better defences and active RA's to throw into the mix isn't in some way better.

I agree that if you come up against the right class played by a player that's worse than you then you can win solo as a low RR but and here's the big irony the players currently playing low RR's tend not to be the greatest players in terms of skill in the world.

I've seen plenty of high RR chars reroll toons and then gloat about how it's quite possible to kill a high RR char on a low RR toon. The difference there is they are simply rerolling.. they already have a high RR toon and they have that because they were better players at the start.

A newbie going out at RR1 will NEVER kill a RR10 char unless he gets horribly lucky because the RR10 char is certainly a more experienced player than him. For a RR11 rerolling a RR1 this isn't necessarily the case.
Seriously, go play the game and try playing with some actual NEW people, not just the same bunch of people you always play with. Realise that your actual new person doesn't have the slightest hope in hell of competing at the level your at. They probably just about know what all the buttons on their qbar do. When do you think the last time Censi (as an example) lost to an actual proper first time RR1 (none armsman) char in a fair 1v1 fight.

Other servers probably have levels of bitching as well. Has it got to the point where every player that adds gets a personal your a twat post yet or is it just more general whine?.. Sniping at a well known RR11 person on a forum is one thing.. they can probably take it by then. We post crap on the forums at rr3 people adding.. there's the difference.

kivik

Part of the furniture
I agree that if you come up against the right class played by a player that's worse than you then you can win solo as a low RR but and here's the big irony the players currently playing low RR's tend not to be the greatest players in terms of skill in the world.

I've seen plenty of high RR chars reroll toons and then gloat about how it's quite possible to kill a high RR char on a low RR toon. The difference there is they are simply rerolling.. they already have a high RR toon and they have that because they were better players at the start.

A newbie going out at RR1 will NEVER kill a RR10 char unless he gets horribly lucky because the RR10 char is certainly a more experienced player than him. For a RR11 rerolling a RR1 this isn't necessarily the case.Seriously, go play the game and try playing with some actual NEW people, not just the same bunch of people you always play with. Realise that your actual new person doesn't have the slightest hope in hell of competing at the level your at. They probably just about know what all the buttons on their qbar do. When do you think the last time Censi (as an example) lost to an actual proper first time RR1 (none armsman) char in a fair 1v1 fight.

Well yes, obviously a total newbie is chanceless. But then RR doesn't really matter. So I dunno why newbies were pulled into that statement :)

Anyways I soo wish I would've kept playing my RR1 NS with /rp off to show why it's not obvious enough :)

Golena said:
Has it got to the point where every player that adds gets a personal your a twat post yet or is it just more general whine?

Don't think so no, but I don't hope you think that happens here? If so whole RvR section would've been flooded with whine posts/threads by me :mad:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Anyways I soo wish I would've kept playing my RR1 NS with /rp off to show why it's not obvious enough :)

Again all your proving is that players skill makes a difference.
Very few of the most skilled players get slated for running around adding.. it's the people without that level of skill where RR very much does make a difference.

You playing an RR1 nightshade wouldn't beat you playing an RR8 nightshade. For people that don't have a skill advantage over 80% of the population the statement that RR10 >> RR1 still very much holds true.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Don't think so no, but I don't hope you think that happens here? If so whole RvR section would've been flooded with whine posts/threads by me :mad:

The point is more that forums filled with people shouting and ranting at each other isn't a problem when it's between like minded groups of people. Look back 4 years on these forums and you'll no doubt see lots of posts between set groups bitching at each other and whining about adding/zerging etc that no one considered to be detrimental to the game.

Now here it's very much one way traffic where instead of hib groups bitching at mid groups and the same mid groups bitching back at the hib groups, you have a group of people bitching at people who only end up here trying to defend themselves. It's pretty much all one way traffic with the skilled people hurling crap at those less skilled.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Again all your proving is that players skill makes a difference.
Very few of the most skilled players get slated for running around adding.. it's the people without that level of skill where RR very much does make a difference.

You playing an RR1 nightshade wouldn't beat you playing an RR8 nightshade. For people that don't have a skill advantage over 80% of the population the statement that RR10 >> RR1 still very much holds true.

Anyone can play a class solo with the same skill as I do, all it takes is a few nights of playing it. Specially if you consider me a skilled player, heh, personally I really don't consider myself as a good player :)

And again, if you are a really bad player you will die in a 1v1 no matter what RR the enemy is, just like any newbie will do :)

You could just say:

Newbie/Bad player << Experienced/Good player

And I would agree with you :) Cause the reasons here are obvious enough :)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
kiv speaks the truth , it doesnt take any magic skills to solo and do well , even from rr 1.

the problem here is really the biased views some people have on their fellow gamers , most that solo do so because they want to , they dont yell at people or send them insulting pm´s and they mostly whine to fellow soloers when its been really zergy night , not on fh.

and for the record , most that zerg are not evul but is a part of the setting that makes it worth trying to get the kill and get away alive and their way of playing the game is fine and needed:) (this is ofc from my POW , should probably has described it as what makes the game an MMO but was to show why soloing need the risk of sudden deaths by multiple hands to be any fun)

im sorry if a few attention seeking spammers led any to believe othervise , but as allways boards will only show the 5 % of the playerbase that is most vocal.

the diversity it what makes the game great.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Kivik you talk arse buscuits, an RR1 NS against lets say an RR8 SB or inf, unless they are either a) afk, b) dumb as a post. c) ebay4tehwin or d) being your Ben Dover pharm bot, theres not a hope in hell due to higher weapon skill and damage, better stealth as most have MOS of some kind and would see you a mile off, and all the other toys associated with the ranks including vanish and lifebane.

Then against a caster, oh dear, got MoC and purge...dead NS.

Then against tanks, HP alone would toast you while you waft around their sheild and shrink 3" everytime a 2hander lands on ya head.

Hybrids, slam, buff sheer, nuke, root, DD, then you got Ragnorok and Leviathon to rip you a new brand new arse.

You might get lucky on the odd caster, but thats it.

Now back to the entire point you so elequantly wondered off, which was about new players, not old "know how it work and should know better" ones as you speak of. Starting this game fresh now means a barrage of twazzers complimenting them on their lack of skills, adding ability of if they are fortunate enough to find some freinds in game, a zerging bastard. So is it justified? This could also apply to someone who has rolled a new toon, not being used to the right playstyle, or just wanting to play for fun (it does happen!), they add on fights to get RPs, and why the hell not.

Now about my comment on soloers, no they are not ALL twats, but the majority of "hard core" soloers didnt use to be, I can name some but then anyone can, and some just dont want to admit it. The normal story is to group/zerg till RR5-8 then declare yaself a born again player, and the image below represents them well

south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

Then is OMG DONT ADD / ZERG OR ILL QQ!! Like I said before, check the rvr section for plenty of evidence of these people, and btw, thats what they look like rl.

There are some genuine soloers, and I wish them all the best, they are happy in what they do, so why cant zergers/adders and all us normal players just be left alone? You dont see a group steamroller someone they shout "OI STOP SOLOING!" do you?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Anyone can play a class solo with the same skill as I do, all it takes is a few nights of playing it.

So you've never beaten a rr5+ character solo then?

I'd wager that almost every rr5 character has been played for at least a few nights, yet even with the RA advantage they can't beat you..

That pretty much proves that not EVERYONE can play a class with the same skill as you.

I think most people posting otherwise have spent slightly too much time around only fellow computer gamers and don't seem to realise quite how dire a player your average none computer gamer casual can be.. If you don't believe me hand your grandmother your keyboard and ask her to play your nightshade for a night and see just how many competetive fights she wins. My bets are for most people after a week you'd still be looking at a 100% loss column against your semi competant player from these boards.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
anyone can take a rr 1 and assassin and do well , you wont win all fights , but you wont loose all fights either.

its really about how you wanna play , not wether if its posssible or not.

now ofc in the case of someone unable to learn any rules or remember any guidelines or atleast open their eyes and look at the environment he plays in , yes , then it might be possible to loose every single fight , but even then my money would be on the RNG ensuring atleast a rare win :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Golena: I would mostly agree with you, but when you emphasize on differences in RA, I say it isn't the whole story. While you say, things are bad because of them and these problems, I think things are far worse than what most of us are willing to recognize. We see the same reasons, but not the same depth.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
kivik: Lets do a realy simple test. It can take about 1 month and it can show a few things to both sides. A newbie can't play like you, a casual player can't play like you, but you can try and see their side of the coin.

1st week: Since TOA raids are getting rare, you can't use artifacts, can't use fg farmable stuff till you earn enough BP for them. You can't use ML abilities for the same reason. You can't use active RAs. You can't use a buffbot. So you end up still a bit stronger than most casuals, newbies, and at least as strong as some PVE fans when they try to get the RAs they will need on raids.

Feel free to try to solo this way for a week. It isn't finished yet, but it will give you a good chance to see how bad things can be.

2nd week: we can make your template get closer to what a casual player tends to have, so you can get a bit weaker, and please use an RA respecc. So no passive RAs either. The same rules stay, and of course others should attack you like they attack and farm everyone. And try to calculate how much time it would take to reach enough BPs and RPs this way.

3rd-4th week: Open a 14 day trial. And see how things are on a new server, don't speak about your experience, but try to level up a new class, preferably in a new realm. It shouln't be a strong solo class, but something a random joe or jane would choose based on first descriptions, and when you reached 50 try to limit your playing time to 2-3 hours a day, and try to play when you are tired after something else (work maybe?) And make a guess. How long it would take to become realy competitive, how much problems would you face, and how much insults would you get, etc.

You can give up at anytime, but if you give up that means, you had illusions about chances of most new players to learn and build up, so you have to recognize why they have to add, and how bad the soloer scene is when attacking some odd players. And you can also add you were rude, ignorant and arrogant.

Or you can finish, and be fair. If you don't enjoy most of the time, you can learn the problems others face, and can have a balanced point of view which is good, and can tell the story of it, etc.

Or you can finish and show how much you enjoyed even the last part and can quickly make some videos with that new alt, and be proud and prove others wrong.

And you knowledge, skills, reflexes, etc. help you even in that last 2 weeks, so you would have easier time than most :) And if you think at anytime that causals should add and no adding rule isn't working, you can add of course, but you should say so then.

Are you up for this challenge? And if with the new char you would have a realistic chance to get to RR5 in a time frame of a few months (say 3) keeping the rules for the week #3 - #4 in mind for the whole time I would be surprised, and would have to recognize the turth in your usual rant.

kivik

Part of the furniture
What the fuck?

That's basically exactly the fucking thing I've done and I've released 3 videos of it.

2 years ago I rolled a frostalf shadowblade, back then my highest RR character was rr4. I went 50LA and soloed from rr1 (ok I admit I grouped once at rr3 with two others but we only jumped a dou and died to them so...). 2 years later I'm rr5 with this one and recently released another movie where I'm back to 50LA again, and that's with the recent DW nerf. What else do you want me to prove? :eek7:

I am a bloody casual player, don't take me for someone who plays 6 hours/day just because I choose to solo.

Again, the first statement was:

"The big issue now is that Mr RR1 cant kill Mr RR10 for obvious reasons"

Says nothing about skill, template, or if he is a newbie or not. All I'm trying to say is that

RR1 <= RR10

If most of you guys had any form of proper experience soloing maybe I'd assume you were right in some way, but... no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom