Advice All in one PC question

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
A colleague of mine recently retired and returned and is asking me for advice on a new PC!

She was considering getting a laptop, but then came across this instead

I would normally steer clear of these all in ones but in this case I think it might be a good idea.

She is not very techy, and so will need something with minimal setting up, and also she as some sort of eyesight issues, I'm not sure exactly what, but she always has her font size cranked way up on her work PC. I guess it's just a comfort thing though, she can use other PCs set to normal sizes, but the large screen with this machine puts it above the laptops she was thinking of. Portability isn't an issue.

She is very unlikely to ever want to upgrade the machine, and will not use it for much except the very basics, e-mail and web browsing.

Any thoughts? Easy options? I'd take the price of this as an indication of budget.

Thanks

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
That is too expensive. Full HD display, 24 inch == around 100. I don't see the rest of the components adding up to 430.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I would avoid all in one pc. Components are substandard and not easily replaced. They are generally less powerful.

They are generally over priced for the parts used. Expensive to repair and limited upgrades.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
The good thing is it isn't my money :) (y)

I absolutely get those arguments, and would never buy one for myself, but what better options are there, that tick the boxes of easy set up, and usability and large monitor?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I absolutely get those arguments, and would never buy one for myself, but what better options are there, that tick the boxes of easy set up, and usability and large monitor?
Microsoft have that insane one you can draw on Surface Studio I think?

dysfunction

FH is my second home

From the same place I would get this (assuming around a £500 spend limit)

And then buy a monitor for it.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Yes they do MYs, all the same problems for 7 or 8 times the price :)

Thanks dys, I shall make that suggestion to her, and thanks for finding it at John Lewis, I think she may have vouchers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes they do MYs, all the same problems for 7 or 8 times the price :)

Thanks dys, I shall make that suggestion to her, and thanks for finding it at John Lewis, I think she may have vouchers.
If that 1Tb HDD isn't an SSD I'd avpid it like the plague.

No PC ever again should have a spindle for a primary drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom