All I can say is WoW!

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Jenkz
WoW alpha version is local no? so it has no network programming - just something to consider as one reason why the WoW alpha engine is running smoother than daoc

dont disagree with ur point though, the daoc engine (NDL) is pants, and any bespoke engine has to be better imo, sounds like this is definatly the case here.

All the network code is there, it is just that you are playing on a partially implemented local server so lag is non-existant.

I

inabus

hmm....

My main worry about WoW isnt the game's PvE content but the games PvP content. From what I can understand only 10% of the game is PvP based and even then it is mostly Duel's if they dont get the PvP sorted then I aint going to pay to play a game that has me endlessly killing mobs for years with no end game.

Daoc is good due to it having an end (lvl 50) and an end game to play (rvr)

Imashrimp
LvL 50 Scout Prydwyn

V

voltage

Re: hmm....

Originally posted by inabus
From what I can understand only 10% of the game is PvP based and even then it is mostly Duel's

Hm I'd not read that, where's it posted?

I

inabus

er...

From memory it was on a forum post on one of the WoW webbies but finding it again will be impossible and also it was about 3 months ago when information was only just starting to come out so I supose it could end up being false.

All i can say is I do hope it ends up being false!

Imashrimp

S

Sobek

WoW looks pretty amazing, alltho Blizzard needs to fix the pvp content or other games would outrun it in the long run.

The Horde and alliance thing, its it like Imperial and Outlaw (or whatever its called) in SWG?

and i think WoW has to compet with loads of other games, Lineage2, UO-X, Dark And Light, Darkfall, ffxi (once it gets english).

So they better make it bloody amazing! :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

Looks like I'll be making an Undead Warlock for WoW when I get around to trying it out :)

Sounds like my kind of thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread