All I can say is WoW!

T

Tafaya Anathas

Mythic has to make Frontiers very-very-very good and GOA has to translate and put it live very-very-very fast if they not wanna lose a serious number of players imo.

C

Cozak

some damn fine screenshots there looks awesome

O

old.Morchaoron

i am certainly gonna try it, i've played all of blizzards game and all of them were awesome...

T

Twaize

Actually Morchaoron i didn't like Warcraft I, and I still prefer Warcraft II more then III.

But instead or WoW I say DFO (Darkfall Online)!

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Twaize
Actually Morchaoron i didn't like Warcraft I, and I still prefer Warcraft II more then III.

But instead or WoW I say DFO (Darkfall Online)!

yeah well wacraft 1 is shit now (as are all old games :rolleyes: )

i've put too much faith in all these mmorpgs, they promised so much and in the end you got just a late alpha of the game, like daoc, only the 2 lowest dungeons in alb were itemized, no crafting beyond asterite, and almost no other place to pick up items higher then level 30, and mids found it silly we never came out of the pk to rvr

i really HOPE WoW will be good cuz a company like blizzard cant afford making a fool out of itself (mythic is a complete joke) :rolleyes:

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
Pfft, Star Craft kick ass ^^

E

Ector

The graphic doesn't look that great, EQ2 still looks better. but this is only the alpha so things will prolly change a bit. And I won't play this game because of the graphic, but because I trust blizzard to the fullest.
Blizzard simply doesn't know how to make a bad game :)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron

i've put too much faith in all these mmorpgs, they promised so much and in the end you got just a late alpha of the game, like daoc, only the 2 lowest dungeons in alb were itemized, no crafting beyond asterite, and almost no other place to pick up items higher then level 30, and mids found it silly we never came out of the pk to rvr

i really HOPE WoW will be good cuz a company like blizzard cant afford making a fool out of itself (mythic is a complete joke) :rolleyes:

After playing the alpha and reading forums I can tell you that the content in WoW appears to be far beyond what DAoC had when it went live. 1400 quests are already finished, they are proper quests and not kill tasks. WoW could be something very special.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Ector
The graphic doesn't look that great, EQ2 still looks better. but this is only the alpha so things will prolly change a bit. And I won't play this game because of the graphic, but because I trust blizzard to the fullest.
Blizzard simply doesn't know how to make a bad game :)

Try it with maxed detail settings and x2 or higher FSAA, it looks lovely even if the models have alowish polygon count and it has a cartoon feel. The terrain is a sight to behold when clip range is set to max. Most of the EQ2 shots have been pre-renders and touched up ingame shots, the engine has not been seen in action yet afaik.

U

Uberall

I played Warcraft 1 for ages when it came out, warcraft 2 and 3 are good too but the first is the best imo :)

I am sure WoW will be very good and daoc will loose very much player, I will try it too and if the pvp will prove good enough, I will cancel 2 daoc acc :p

Maybe rvr expansion and RA review will do smtg but anyway, WoW worth a try imo :)

G

Garok

Looks Spiffy

WoW Looks Pretty awsome and its Seem's blizard has Looked carefully @ the downfalls of past MMORG and tried to right them in WoW. Should be Pretty good fun Like a big Baulders Gate hopefully.

But im still unsure what effect choseing either Horde or Allience will have.

But Undead just a bit to tempting rather than the standard Dorf Elf Human etc ..

S

Shike

if the PvP in WoW is good, ppl will leave daoc in droves I think since its the PvP that is unmatched in daoc atm (sadly). We'll see I guess, the game looks fantastic and Blizzard is Blizzard.

/prays to god they dont do some major f**kup with wow

betasignup is end of january and only for Northamerica or something like that, open beta shud be available for us europeans tho during the stresstest.

O

old.Downanael

Hope they been thinking to do something to prevent use of bb's, They really ruined daoc :(

O

old.mattshanes

Dark and light, darkfall or WoW it seems are going to be the best online games out there, going to be tough choosing between those three.

V

voltage

Originally posted by old.Downanael
Hope they been thinking to do something to prevent use of bb's, They really ruined daoc :(

In WoW each "buffer" character can only cast one buff per player... designed to make multiple buffers acceptable for groups and to combat BBs

so yeah you could have a buffbot for one measly buff, or you could pay for a whole army of buffbots :p

edit: that said I dont know how strong one "measly" buff will be, by daoc standards not great, but I have no idea what buffs do in WoW.

N

Nightchill

I've not been paying much attention to DAoC, but has Mythic put a date on Frontiers? Wouldn't surprise me if they delete it to a few weeks before WoW in an attempt to keep the punters :)

K

Krakatau

Problem for Blizzard is their ability to keep dupes/maphacks etc away from their games...

Dupes and other stuff completly ruined Diablo2...
And people saying Mythic/GoA are slow to patch ?
Try find out how long it took from when Blizzard announced patch 1.10 and the date it really appeard...

Don't get me wrong here, I do think they make the games with best playability and the games you can keep playing for almost forever...

But they better improve their CS and pay some serious attention to try eliminate as much as possible of the hacking problems...

I'm 95% certain it will be WoW for me too, 5% uncertain because of the hacking history of D2 etc

O

ormorof

well we can hope they sort out their security for an mmorpg, and after looking at the problems of DAoC (especially EU) they will probably try and tackle some of those problems,

well we can dream of perfect CS and good patching :p

then again, i dont think ive ever played a game by blizzard that i havent enjoyed :p

I

ironhand

It wasnt just D2 that was ruined by hacking and a corrupt gaming economy, the original Diablo was also plagued by people using all sorts of PKing hax among other various cheats/bugs. So as far as that goes Blizzard have a habbit of making damn good games but with poor CS and also poor security.

Then again do Blizzard have the creative genius left in the works considering that a vast majority of the original Diablo + D2 Team quit Blizzard to go it alone and create Blizzard North...

I seriously hope we dont get another piece of comercial shite like Command & Conquer Generals.

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Krakatau

Try find out how long it took from when Blizzard announced patch 1.10 and the date it really appeard...

only 2 people worked on that patch :p

and we dont pay money each month for that game

O

old.mattshanes

Played the alpha version today, 1600 resolution everything maxed looked very nice, the controls were decent too and i liked the world, it's very very big and well mapped out, lots of thought gone into it.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Played the alpha version today, 1600 resolution everything maxed looked very nice, the controls were decent too and i liked the world, it's very very big and well mapped out, lots of thought gone into it.

With the Matrix sandbox you can explore both Azeroth and Kalimdor, I can't get over the scale. Even at mach60 it takes som time to get around.

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

yes mythic are noobs when you compare the design of camelot with places like thunder bluff, stormwind or ironforge, and the landscape is amazing :eek:

i have some fps trouble walking around in gothwaithe with 1280x1024 (even with a few people), but in a huge place like thunder bluffs it runs silkly smooth....

now thats what i call l33t programming ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Heh playing daoc on a pc like mine thinks i am using a spectrum but when i play WoW it's like it's original self.I like the character creation too, quite a lot of varied designs compared to daoc.

J

Jenkz

WoW alpha version is local no? so it has no network programming - just something to consider as one reason why the WoW alpha engine is running smoother than daoc

dont disagree with ur point though, the daoc engine (NDL) is pants, and any bespoke engine has to be better imo, sounds like this is definatly the case here.

T

Teren

wow = teh suck
too cartoony
and i never liked warcraft, pure BS!

Users who are viewing this thread