Aliens VS. Predator

S

Sir Frizz

It shall be coming to le grande screen August '04.

The trailer hath been released but doesn't show anything really. However the plot outline sounds "a bit dodgy". :(

Link0000000r

T

Tom

hmmm, funny how people forget that Alien was originally a horror movie.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Tom
hmmm, funny how people forget that Alien was originally a horror movie.
Thought it was more of an 'edge of the seat' thriller myself.

T

Tom

What, an unseen alien creeping around a big dark ship, slowly picking off the inhabitants?

It wouldn't put me on the edge of my seat.

T

Testin da Cable

it would put me under the couch with cushions stuffed in my ears tbh :)

T

Tom

Not to be confused with the very good Paul T Anderson of course.

S

Swift^

Paul Anderson, given the right encouragement can do some fantastic stuff.

The direction of Event Horizon is superb, with some real gem moments in it. Admittedly most have been dud - but the man's got real potential and it just needs to be brought out... he's still relatively inexperienced.

W

whipped

Don't forget that the original Alien is released in cinemas today with its new Directors Cut. Should be nice to see it on the big screen.

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by Swift^
Paul Anderson, given the right encouragement can do some fantastic stuff.

The direction of Event Horizon is superb, with some real gem moments in it. Admittedly most have been dud - but the man's got real potential and it just needs to be brought out... he's still relatively inexperienced.

Agreed, I don't think Event Horizon is at all bad. Made me poo my pants anyway.

W

WPKenny

Dunno who the guy in that featurette is but he's certainly got entheusiasm.

Nothing worse than seeing a director interviewed before or during making a film about an already well established subject and he's like "well I never really heard of it before but someone showed me like a tape or something and I thought "Wow! I have to make this movie!""

He says he's been a big fan ever since the first film and the concept art looks great. I know the trailer doesn't really convey much but it does seem to convey that they've put some thought into how the aliens and predators are represented. They've colour treated the film to make it more green when showing segments of the Alien and then made it a cooler, sharper bluey colour when they cut to segments of the Predator.

To me that makes me think they'r working on the subtleties and not just "HEY IT'S AN ALIEN!!! WITH TEETH!! AND SLIME!!".

I'm looking forward to it.

D

Durzel

Let's face it, it can't really be any worse than Predator 2 or Alien 3/4 (take your pick) can it?

I'm in the "looking forward to it" crowd..

B

bigfoot

Yeah but not /as/ Bishop, from what I've read he's playing the "Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue Sea" type role.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by bigfoot
Yeah but not /as/ Bishop, from what I've read he's playing the "Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue Sea" type role.

Spolier :D

You mean he dies really early in the film? :p

S

Stazbumpa

Speaking of Aliens and stuff...........

Apparantly there are going to be a few extra Alien movies and rumour has it that Cameron and Ridley have been asked to do them. Read it in SFX mag, so it could be bollox, but what if it isnt? :)

W

WPKenny

I'm sure I saw a thing with Ridley Scott in it, maybe on telly, and he commented about making Alien 5 and it was in pre-production or something.

E

ECA

they want to do aliens 5 to kill off sigourney apparently.

C

Ch3tan

Were they not going to set it in the future and follow the story of the books/comics? Have the Aliens on Earth running rampant. No Ripley in sight.

J

Jonny_Darko

The problem with the Alien series after Aliens is that people made the mistake of believing that Weaver / Ripley was the star when in fact it was the alien(S). Her story should have ended there.

W

WPKenny

Damn, can't remember the name of the book I was going to mention. I'll describe it and see if it rings any bells with anyone...

There's this marine who's been fighting aliens all over the galaxy and on one planet he finds this little girl and rescues her. Because of her traumas she gets put in a mental hospital and years later the marine goes back and breaks her out and they both go back to the planet to kill off all the aliens and purge their demons. That would make a good Alien 5.

L

~Lazarus~

Rings a bell with me too WPK

Damned if I can remember it either.

Wasnt one of the Simon Green books ? (better ask Damini)

W

WPKenny

Duno who wrote it tbh. It was an official aliens book though. when I say alien I mean "Alien(TM)".

A

adams901

Earth Hive (Aliens, Book 1)
Wilks was a space marine with a near-fatal flaw: he had a heart. Billie was a child, the only survivor of a far-flung colony outpost. Thrown together in the last hellish night of an alien invasion, Billie and Wilks helped each other get out alive. Thirteen years later Wilks is in prison, and Billie lives in a mental institution, the nightmare memories of the massacre at Rim seared into her mind. Now the government has tapped Wilks to lead an expedition to the aliens' home planet

was written by Steve Perry

I have read all the aliens and aliens Vs Predator books. Makes me want to go buy them all again.

W

WPKenny

That's the one! I was thinking it was called Hive but wasn't too sure cos I think there's a comic called Hive and it's a different plot.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Ch3tan
Were they not going to set it in the future and follow the story of the books/comics? Have the Aliens on Earth running rampant. No Ripley in sight.

That plot's taken a couple of elements from the original AvP comics (the 'right of passage' stuff). Its interesting that its going to be set in Antarctica, since one of the themes of the Predator movies was that they only came out when it was hot, this seems...odd (although one of the comics dealt with Predators in Arctic conditions I seem to remember).

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by adams901
Earth Hive (Aliens, Book 1)
Wilks was a space marine with a near-fatal flaw: he had a heart. Billie was a child, the only survivor of a far-flung colony outpost. Thrown together in the last hellish night of an alien invasion, Billie and Wilks helped each other get out alive. Thirteen years later Wilks is in prison, and Billie lives in a mental institution, the nightmare memories of the massacre at Rim seared into her mind. Now the government has tapped Wilks to lead an expedition to the aliens' home planet

was written by Steve Perry

I have read all the aliens and aliens Vs Predator books. Makes me want to go buy them all again.

Sounds like a rehash of the Aliens:Earth War comics

Users who are viewing this thread