Alcohol = shit

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
Bullshit. Stop trying to act like a hardened drinker. I saw the pic of your desktop and it was littered with empty fosters cans. My piss is stronger. You are a disgrace to the geordie race :D :D

LOL Pwned !!!

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
Bullshit. Stop trying to act like a hardened drinker. I saw the pic of your desktop and it was littered with empty fosters cans. My piss is stronger. You are a disgrace to the geordie race :D :D

Or fosters was on offer in morrisons last week. Why pay 15quid for 15cans of stella when the fosters was 10.49 for 24.. I might like stella but I aint loaded and aint gonna pay much more when I can get more for less.
So stop trying to act like you know it all ^^

edit: also intruiged to know why you would consider that trying to act like a hardened drinker? you obviously have no conception of a hardened drinker.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
I drink 2-3 beers every night after work with my dinner and when sitting at my pc, and have done for 4 years or so. I could stop any time I wanted to, but I enjoy a beer so I wont, Im not an alcoholic or addicted to beer.

The way you put it is pretty stupid, imo. By your description pretty much everyone would be an addict to most things, if you eat a sandwich for lunch every day does that make you addicted to sandwiches? I dont think so but it is the same as having a beer a day.

Have to agree with this man

I started smoking at 13, just given it up a few months back. The reason I gave up was because I told some people I would do it and I did. Also the fact my fingers were going yellow and I was unfit.

Even now though I knew I wasn't addicted, I knew I could stop at anytime.
But yes, giving up was hard, Why? because it's got to the point were i'm used to having a cig, i'm used to asking my mate for a fag or saves on his. Even now, I miss smoking. I go around my friends who is a heavy smoker and I sit there and think mm I really enjoyed smoking. I even dreamt about it one night, how wierd was that lol !

Anyway, point is if you want to give up you will. You don't need to change a addiction. You just do ! Willpower; yes. If you really want to give it up you will just say NO ! Not in a bad way but just in a kind and polite way: no.

There is a big question though. Do you drink to get drunk or because you enjoy the drink. Sounds like Cozak enjoys a beer every night so he has one. He doesn't drink one after another and think oh fuck I drunk too many. Theres a limit and it's not jsut with alcohol its with life aswell. If you know your limits you can do anything.

This 1 beer turns into 2 and 2 into 3, 3 into 4. that is utter BULLSHIT. YOU have the willpower to say no. ONLY you. Drink a glass of water or something and if you think water is boring then don't really come on here and ask for assistance t ogive up. Because if thats the case then it's not just alcohol you have to worry about m8 !

/rant off

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hmm, i would never pick fosters no matter who cheap it was :(. could you of just went for bottles of dog even though it wasnt the right day?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
hmm, i would never pick fosters no matter who cheap it was :(. could you of just went for bottles of dog even though it wasnt the right day?

i dont mind fosters so much so the price was an added bonus, there is never a wrong day for brown ale! never really thought about that 1.59 a bottle in morrisons but its canny big bottles.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cozak said:
I drink 2-3 beers every night after work with my dinner and when sitting at my pc, and have done for 4 years or so. I could stop any time I wanted to, but I enjoy a beer so I wont, Im not an alcoholic or addicted to beer.

How do you know you're NOT addicted if you haven't stopped in a while?

Maybe you'll get the shakes? Maybe you just can't live without that cool, golden brown ....*gurgles spews and runs to the store*

tris-

old.Tohtori said:

Maybe you'll get the shakes? Maybe you just can't live without that cool, golden brown ....*gurgles spews and runs to the store*

according to the NHS drink meter thing im an addicted alcoholic and ruining my life everday.

thats only from putting in that i might drink 6 pints in one day, once a week.

according my uni lecturer though, 24 units a week is either the safe level or the recommended level to get the amount of alcohol needed for good health.
where i come from thats a whole bottle of 37.5% smirnoff vodka :clap:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I dont drink. Im not an absolutist and it happens that i have a bear or cider or such with my food if i eat at a restaurant, but thats only a couple of times a year. I never drink for the drinking itself (for the effects drinking has etc). Today its about 9 months since i drank anything alcoholic last time.

Like the thread starter i just dont like the effects alcohol has on me, and people around me. Its a poison, and there is absolutely no reason to drink to get intoxicated, you can have exactly as fun etc without drinking, its all about a state of mind. I discovered this pretty fast though, so there was only a couple years when i didnt say no to alcohol (i also didnt drink anything until i was 20 years old).

Not drinking also saves alot of money ^^

Cozak

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:

I have stopped when it has been necessary had to stop for 1 week couple months ago on my security training, was nps :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Anyone coming for a pint?

i would :p but its abit of a travel :p so guess i will just have to go over to my friend to get one :p

tris-

the furthest id travel is newcastle for a pint with anyone. if someone wants to put me up for the night i can set off now, lol. only takes me 30 mins to get there.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i dont drink that often. if i do drink it's usually because i want to get drunk. i always make sure i drink plenty of water if i've been drinking and never wake up with a hangover. i probably won't have another drink until after my exams, and it will be as a celebration.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
i dont get anywhere near as drunk as i used to while i was at college an uni, had a bad experience where i was robbed while i was passed out so now i dont get so drunk that i pass out/cant remember what ive done.just stop at the staggering,everythings funny kebab craving stage..
ps newcastle brown ale ftw - its the drink that lets geordie men wear jumpers in summer an geordie women wear fookall while waitin outside clubs in 0degress:D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Haggus said:
I started smoking at 13, just given it up a few months back. The reason I gave up was because I told some people I would do it and I did. Also the fact my fingers were going yellow and I was unfit.

Even now though I knew I wasn't addicted, I knew I could stop at anytime.
But yes, giving up was hard, Why? because it's got to the point were i'm used to having a cig, i'm used to asking my mate for a fag or saves on his. Even now, I miss smoking. I go around my friends who is a heavy smoker and I sit there and think mm I really enjoyed smoking. I even dreamt about it one night, how wierd was that lol !

Just have to ask, surely what you are describing there is addiciton?

I'm not disputing the fact that you could and did stop when you wanted to, but wouldnt the fact that it was hard to do it, and you found yourself noticing the lack of a cigarette indicate that you were addicted?

I'm asking an honest question here though, not critisizing or anything, I dont smoke so I wont perhaps understand, but for me addiction doesnt have to be something that you cant stop, just something that you either dont want to stop or find it very hard to stop.

For instance I got Oblivion last friday, I played it friday night, saturday and sunday all day and most of monday, when it came to tuesday and I had to get work done, I found myself wanting to get back into the game. I was doing some coding as part of a group, it had to be in the next day and I had to get it done. However I found myself wanting to do an hour on oblivion before I started, it was kinda an effort to stop myself from playing it untill I got into coding properly.

I often find myself saying i'll just have another hour on oblivion/DAoC/Cs/whatever, just another hour, then it gets to 10 minutes untill the hours up then I'll say to myself I'll probably start finishing in 10 minutes, but I wont be longer than 30 at most, and so on. Some nights its a real effort to just quit out of whatever it is I'm doing. I could (and used to) stay up all night playing on games quite easily.

I know I have a computer/games addiction, but its not something that I cant shake when I want/need to. That (imo) doesnt change the fact that its an addiction though. Yes I have the willpower to stop when I need to or want to, but I still think I'm addicted on some level.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i'd love to examine the "mmorpg addiction" that many players report, but my ethics committee wont let me ;<

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I'm asking an honest question here though, not critisizing or anything, I dont smoke so I wont perhaps understand, but for me addiction doesnt have to be something that you cant stop, just something that you either dont want to stop or find it very hard to stop.

Indeed. There is a reason recovering alcoholics describe themselves as alcoholics even years after they last drank anything, because they know they are still addicted to it even if they arent using it anymore and could suffer relapse etc.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Indeed. There is a reason recovering alcoholics describe themselves as alcoholics even years after they last drank anything, because they know they are still addicted to it even if they arent using it anymore and could suffer relapse etc.

once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.. sad but true :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh i'd hate to be addicted to anything, it'd be like being a prisoner.

i smoke, used to smoke anywhere between 10 and 20 a day then i got sick of waking up feeling like a goat had ejaculated in to my mouth as i slept so cut down to 3 a day, sometimes i just have 2 sometimes i dont have any but i never have any more than 3 because i know my mouth will taste awful the next day.

drinking, for me is a very "when i feel like it" thing, the day i gave in my notice at my old job i had a bottle of wine and some tequila i thought "way hay ive done it and now i'll have a chinese and get mildly smashed" the time before that was just before christmas when i finished my exams. Sometimes i'll have a beer with dinner if i want one but i havent wanted any alcohol for ages now (prolly because im awake at funny times so don't really want to drink as soon as i wake up or first thing in the morning).

I enjoy getting a bit blathered but thats because i dont go out and drink, i'll stay on the pc or up with me bf and slide in to the realm of the ridiculas then its just a few feet to curl in to bed, but i wouldnt want to do it all the time, people who go out and get smashed every day or just every weekend i cant really understand it, i used to do it at 17 but then i grew out of it i guess.

at the end of the day if you drink a lot and dont get agressive or have a reason like that to cut down, the only person your hurting is yourself and as long as your willing to accept the consequences when you get to 40+ drink on.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:

ask any ex-smoker, 99% will tell you they still want one or miss them. the other 1% is in denial :)

i was nearly an alcoholic once and its no fun at all. the driving thirst that no liquid can quench unless it contains alcohol... ppl think being an alcoholic is waking up in the morning and reaching for a bottle of vodka, its not. its dependance. if u drink every day or nearly every day ask yourself why?

think its sad the way some demographics equate drinking "skill" with manhood etc etc. world would be a far better place if they banned booze and made 'erb & mdma legal instead :clap:

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.. sad but true :(
do u mean, because they cant drink again really just incase?
not quite sure what u mean here.

Marc

FH is my second home
Cozak said:
Or fosters was on offer in morrisons last week. Why pay 15quid for 15cans of stella when the fosters was 10.49 for 24.. I might like stella but I aint loaded and aint gonna pay much more when I can get more for less.
So stop trying to act like you know it all ^^

edit: also intruiged to know why you would consider that trying to act like a hardened drinker? you obviously have no conception of a hardened drinker.

Jesus, i was having a laugh. Rag week or what??

Marc

FH is my second home
Konah said:
ask any ex-smoker, 99% will tell you they still want one or miss them. the other 1% is in denial :)

i was nearly an alcoholic once and its no fun at all. the driving thirst that no liquid can quench unless it contains alcohol... ppl think being an alcoholic is waking up in the morning and reaching for a bottle of vodka, its not. its dependance. if u drink every day or nearly every day ask yourself why?

think its sad the way some demographics equate drinking "skill" with manhood etc etc. world would be a far better place if they banned booze and made 'erb & mdma legal instead :clap:

Friends of mine drink every night but I wouldnt say they were addicted in the slightest. They have a bottle of wine a night, but sometimes at the weekend when we all go out, they wont drink at all.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
made .. mdma legal instead

your kidding right? the body metabolises that into crystal meth which you do not want to be using!

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
lol...konah...mdma is very very very bad....it fucks you up beyond belief in the long run....i.e cant even read an shit...

tris-

you want to legalise MDMA?

darwin award anyone? lol, :m00:

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
Jesus, i was having a laugh. Rag week or what??

Nah, cant work for 6-8weeks whilst waiting for my SIA license to come through so im stuck in the house with 400quid to survive on for up to 8 weeks which severely limits what i can do so. so im just fucking sick on being in the house all the time ><

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
lol...konah...mdma is very very very bad....it fucks you up beyond belief in the long run....i.e cant even read an shit...

where are u guys getting your propaganda? out of interest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom