Albs in RvR

Xplo

Banned
I don't like low rr groups cause they usually "panic" when they see a high rr hib/mid fg inc and lose all sense of self controll. They aren't as used to the game as as the more frequent players.

And the "they play too many alts" coment is not right, i'm used to playing a cleric or a scout but when I play on a mates account on a merc or any other class I do perfectly fine.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
get 2 clerics in your group before you leave the tk

pretty simple :)

of course if you don't wanna wait around for an hour to get two clerics in your group then get 2-5fg instead (with at least one cleric per group please? :)) depending on what and how many are camping amg at the time :p

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Another valid point is that Albion faces Hib groups with +20% Magic damage and Mid groups with +20% melee damage.

That is a huge disadvantage and can lead newer players to believe it is their chars that are way underpowered, leading to a spiral of defeatism.

Players have very short memories. When Midgard had no relics and no bonus they didn't RvR period. It was quite an eye-opener as to just how rare it was to see a middie in RvR. Trying to find a mid was like searching for Bigfoot.

Hibs haven't really been challenged for their bonus yet. Albs aren't interested as we can't defend Snow and Mids have traditionally been more concerned with strength. That will change with NF I am sure.

It is very easy to feel dejected, and very easy for Hibs/Mids to say Albs suck when they a large bonus to damage. One thing we can do is hold our heads high in that we are willing to compete against the odds without resorting to the alarm clock.

To those Hibs/Mids who think all Albs are bad players etc. Hardly any of you are DH/NP. We can still kick your arse now...so imagine what would happen with a 40% swing in damage.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
get 2 clerics in your group before you leave the tk

pretty simple :)

of course if you don't wanna wait around for an hour to get two clerics in your group then get 2-5fg instead (with at least one cleric per group please? :)) depending on what and how many are camping amg at the time :p

Or go the Smite Club way: seven clerics and a mincer :)

Calo

Part of the furniture
When we all try to make it better we'll beat the crap out of socalled uber mids who think they rules cause they have the relics, wich they stole in da night

.... it was a nice start but with that sentence u just made this thread another useless crappy whining thread about an alb guy who's life is a hell because he can't win fg's vs fg's fights ...

Nobody i know in midgard thinks he owns everything... and just to make u cry again yes we will always steal them from u.. :]

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
The original post sounded simple but sincere to me.
The guy posting it deserve some respect.

I really think the topic is a common problem in all the realms.

Is very hard to find the right balance between playng "well" (playng with your guild, playng with decent RR people, playng with a good balanced setup) and not beeing too "elitist" (never accepting so called "gimped" classes, never giving low RR the way in group and learn).

That is a serious problem and doesnt have a simple solution.

The real problem is the only way to escape the faith of beeing low RR, no fotm class or not part of a "uber" guild is the Zerg.
Couse no one likes to be killed and killed again. And if you cannot be fotm or perfect... well the union makes the weaks strongs.

So even if I hate the Zerg (some evening Albs really makes this game unplayable, and other realm , even if less, do the same) I hate even more those leet boyz in thier perfect suite, in their perfect groups, always flaming against the zerg..... as if all the rest of the world (the non-perfect part) should remain there defenceless, letting them kill again and again.

So I think that, even if a bit semplicistic, the point made by the original poster is right.

If newbies could try to discipline their way of playng and learning and leetz could help the realm a bit more that would probably be a better game for everyone....

Utopia ofc :wub:

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
well from my point of view I rather solo with my wiz then join a random fg albs with a buffbot as only healer, and a theurgist at only speed and CC, I simply cba to spend time on joining a random grp because thoes ppl don't wanna w8 a bit time to get 2 clerics and a sorc etc they just invite what ever come out of atk, so when there ain't and guild grps/aliance grps for my wiz I rather solo with my mincer untill there are ppl enough to make a decent fg who acually have a chance to win fights...

and no I don't wanna join a gimped fg and zerg.. that is the most borring thing ever...

and when I run around with my mincer I get loads of invites aswell or PMs from ppl who wanna duo, but no I rather solo, because it is more fun to fight 2 SBs solo then to fight 2 vs 2 and the other guy dies and u "have to" go back and help him get back there with speed zzZZzZZz etc I enjoy my mincer solo and I even laugh my ass off when I meet fg hibs/mids @ mile gates and AE mezz just to see ½ of them purge/druid GP and waste that even tho I might die my self... can't do that when u are in a grp tbh :p

uhhh to the archers who are everywhere from mmg to mtk stop adding etc it ain't funneh when u finally meet a solo SB/hunter and then suddenly u see 4 arrows inside u... if u wajn about zergs, then maybe stop attacking solo ppl fighting etc ...
and respec to thoes ppl who don't add before 1 of the ppl are dead even tho he kills me right after... still more fun when adds popping all the time ! :D
(some time ago Powerslave made a thx post to a few ppl who didn't add in a 1 vs 1 fight.... guess what he does him self all the time... such skillz)

but back to subject :p

if albs someday start to make decent grps insted od just running out like headless chickens with a buffbot as only healer, I might start to join the grps, but a nice post of u m8, hope this gets better...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
ofc dont move out as a fg at prime if you are not balanced, high ml, high rr, artifaced grp as you wont stand a chance against the opted grps posessing the previously mentioned things. However i do think, you need some kind of a challange and what albs doing at prime mostly (and mids doing it in odins lately) hardly gives any challenge.
Just for an example: We tried to move out of mtk with 1fg (pretty much random, no mls, some artis and rr5 mainly), we never reached mmg due to albs. First it was ok, 8-10 albs with 2-3 scout adds, k we played bad but was an ok fight so lets go back. Next two runs we ran into the usual: "/cg mids mtk43!!!!!4 m8s" 40+ albs all over us (pointing out we were 8 still), emote spamming etc.
Get rid of the retarded emain cg and do 2fgish Battlegroups, iam sure it would be more fun for everyone.

my 2 cents.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
I even laugh my ass off when I meet fg hibs/mids @ mile gates and AE mezz just to see ½ of them purge/druid GP and waste that even tho I might die my self... can't do that when u are in a grp tbh :p

lol so it was you who did that against my supah random grp, 2 healers purged at once xD
shame we cought you :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dorin said:
ofc dont move out as a fg at prime if you are not balanced, high ml, high rr, artifaced grp as you wont stand a chance against the opted grps posessing the previously mentioned things. However i do think, you need some kind of a challange and what albs doing at prime mostly (and mids doing it in odins lately) hardly gives any challenge.
Just for an example: We tried to move out of mtk with 1fg (pretty much random, no mls, some artis and rr5 mainly), we never reached mmg due to albs. First it was ok, 8-10 albs with 2-3 scout adds, k we played bad but was an ok fight so lets go back. Next two runs we ran into the usual: "/cg mids mtk43!!!!!4 m8s" 40+ albs all over us (pointing out we were 8 still), emote spamming etc.
Get rid of the retarded emain cg and do 2fgish Battlegroups, iam sure it would be more fun for everyone.

my 2 cents.

unfortunately it's usually like that because someone's been blocking the amg for the past two hours and the albs have all built up into a proper zerg (after feeding the mg campers for an hour 1fg at a time of course ;))

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Robby said:
I'm a proud member of Albion, and will never play in middie or hibbie country.
But we need to win more fights. In emain we mostly lose FG vs FG fights vs hibs, but sometimes we win. But it's been a long time since an alb FG where I was in killed a mid FG.
I'm talking about random pick up groups, so not Gol, BF, JD and other uber groups.
What are main reasons we lose:
-we don't have enough clerics and sorcerors. It's impossible to kill a FG mids with insta mezz and 2-3 healers when u don't have a cleric or a sorc.
-Many albs just don't wonna learn. They make the same mistakes over and over again: not assisting, breaking mezz, not guarding sorc/cleric (if u even found 1).
-Not talking good: I've been in a grp where 5 where at mmg, while 3 others went mtk, without telling.
People who don't play their class good, because playing too many different alts. I've seen a sorc demand a str buff for 5 minutes. After using caps cause he dind't get the buff, he finally realised he wasn't playing his merc.
It happens a lot of times that the sorc sees the mids from a distance, but isn't even able to mezz em cause of him reacting too late.

What can we do to make us win more fights?
-get more sorc/clerics.
-listen to people who have more RvR experience.
-don't log after 1-2 lost fights, but try again.
-Don't zerg just to be sure u'll win. U need to do FG vs FG fights when you want to learn how to play. Because zerging gets u rp's----> RA's, but it's not cause u have nice rp's that u play good.
-When there is a zerg in emain, don't just zerg back, go odin or Hadrian's. Mids/Hibs won't keep zerging emain when there is no one there.
We should be able to make emain/odin's/Hadrian's all places where u can have nice fights without zerging.
-Last thing: This is for all high RR peeps in Albion: DON'T THINK UR TOO GOOD TO JOIN LOW RR'S. Cause most higher RR albs don't even wonna look at low RR's. You seldom see a rr7 in emain pick up grps. Even rr6 are rare. Only ones i know are Warekrusher and Kagato. Once even a rr8 guildy of me told me he didn't want to join guildgrp cause we weren't RR5+. I've seen hib rr10's grp up with rr1's. This gives the grp a much bigger chance to win, and lower rr will get higher rr sooner, so they will be also able to win fights.

Pls don't start spamming I also make many mistakes. I know i do, but i just wonna make albion a better realm for all. When i join a guildgrp of TB, TP, BF, i always was the lowbie with my rr5, but in most pick up grps I'm the highest one. When we all try to make it better we'll beat the crap out of socalled uber mids who think they rules cause they have the relics, wich they stole in da night.
roll some cleric and some sorcs then?

We got a small band of 4-5 core players, we have practically all classes covered, you can then play whatever is required.

Is this about getting lots of RP's on your strongest char or about fielding a fun competative group?

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
lol so it was you who did that against my supah random grp, 2 healers purged at once xD
shame we cought you :)

hehe aye does it ones in a while, uber fun to see ppls waste RA's on a soloer lol

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
hehe aye does it ones in a while, uber fun to see ppls waste RA's on a soloer lol

imo its more fun to run after a solo SOSed mincer and KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL HIM HAhAHHAHAHHAHA

Ketinna

Fledgling Freddie
Big Ugly said:
if we're talking random group v random group .... mid, and i assume hib, has the same problem. you really think every midgard group is perfectly balanced gankgroup? there just aren't enough healers to go round.

what server are you playing?, go to mtk and try getting group as healer these days :m00:

more healers than tanks just because they are fotm with insta stuff, would gladly have my healer stripped for those stuff to be able to get a group "easy".

atm i often count more healers than all mids tanks together :touch:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ketinna said:
what server are you playing?, go to mtk and try getting group as healer these days :m00:

more healers than tanks just because they are fotm with insta stuff, would gladly have my healer stripped for those stuff to be able to get a group "easy".

atm i often count more healers than all mids tanks together :touch:

guess tanks are rerolling getting ready for nf and bored with chaingrapple hibernia :p anyways i see the other end of it when iam lfg with another 4 tanks and no healer around or shammies, you never find any decent shammy (not bb). Tho we had one yesterday :).

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Well you wanna be tanking 1 step up on the ladder to more fun fg vs fg rvr fights dont invite ppl who use epic armor and get those 2 clerics before you run out, and dont grp with ppl who lack this in their grps, so ppl in epic finnaly understand that they need to spend some time and gold coins ingame to fix their own gear.
And basicly always build grp around some template, ie
cleric cleric pally sorc, then u can put in caster caster tank mincer
or put up the setup we do in ad witch is

cleric 45/2x/1x spreadheal 100% res best instas ae interrupt
cleric 3x/4x/ spreadheal 50% res good resists and buffs
minstrel dunno spec but 50 instruments
theurg 35/41 earth /cold
sorc 31/44 body/mind best mezz and backup ae root
pally endbot xDD, dont know farek spec
merc best tank for putting out dmg in alb
merc

and what you need to do even with the best setup is to have merc at all time offencive, theurg on interrupting their support sorc mezzing demezzing as much as possible, and minstrel + pally need to run around both helping clerics and theurg/sorc to peel of pets and enemy attackers either killing pets or bodyguarding against attackers.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
unfortunately it's usually like that because someone's been blocking the amg for the past two hours and the albs have all built up into a proper zerg (after feeding the mg campers for an hour 1fg at a time of course ;))

dissagree, atm it's like this because of animists but zerging has been around since long before hibs camped amg, so how do you explain that? ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nuked said:
dissagree, atm it's like this because of animists but zerging has been around since long before hibs camped amg, so how do you explain that? ;)

people camped amg since the times that RvR involved playing red rover between atk and crimthainn running from Champion Commanders....

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
but back then it was all fun, and zerg 1 whipes zerg 2, zerg 1 gets whiped by 3.. zerg 3 gets whiped by zerg 1.. and no1 really cared about winning :p

tho it was fun to gank an orange con kobold with my paladin, 2h/1h/shield/slash spec =P i didn't know :X

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry, when they get back to RvR even the most elite of GG's will be fumbling with new quickbars, items and skills they havent got to grips with yet, im still forgetting to use half my abilties in fights myself.

If your struggling to find groups, try soloing, you might enjoy it more then you think :D

Nil Iligitimus Carborumdom

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
There are lots of Sorcs around atm, sometimes i'll be lfg at atk and there are another 3-4 sorcs also lfg. We are desperately short of clerics though, mythic really needs to make clerics a little more fun to play. Played my rejuv cleric for a few months in RvR (pre-ToA) and it's no fun to be perma-interrupted and the only thing you get to do in a fight is burn BoF and both instas.

NF is on it's way and all this crap about *don't zerg*, *ffs run fg vs fg* crap will disappear. This is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG, it was never intended to be 8v8 so why the fuck do ppl whine so much at zergs, it's what the game was designed to be. Some of the most fun fights come in a 5fg vs 5fg battle, or when all 3 realms have multiple groups battling it out in the same place.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Evok said:
Funny that each realm makes similar complaints. We shall see if Frontiers sorts this out as promised.

Said soon after someone mentioned Albs are finding it very difficult in RvR

kirennia said:
Tell me if I'm wrong but by that comment are you implying that people from mid and people from hib also think they are underpowered?

Evok said:
At what point does he mention being 'underpowered? Dont see it. And i dont say anything about being 'underpowered' either.

That's why I i said implying in case I was wrong but the question would still hold if I was right.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Don't worry, when they get back to RvR even the most elite of GG's will be fumbling with new quickbars, items and skills they havent got to grips with yet, im still forgetting to use half my abilties in fights myself.

If your struggling to find groups, try soloing, you might enjoy it more then you think :D

Nil Iligitimus Carborumdom

You only like soloing becouse you are impossible to kill and get free rps every 5min..

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
Notirt said:
Why 45 rej ? just to get the 100% group insta ?

im guessing there isnt any choice, dual enh is a waste and higher smite is a waste. So the only line you gain anything from is rej. But considering the cleric in question id say he specced at random and ended up that way.

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see how you can complain about alb class power
thats just silly

cant really comment much more without it sounding flamish.

so sad

no no stop it...

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Generation said:
We are desperately short of clerics though, mythic really needs to make clerics a little more fun to play. Played my rejuv cleric for a few months in RvR (pre-ToA) and it's no fun to be perma-interrupted and the only thing you get to do in a fight is burn BoF and both instas.
the interupt thing is easy to fix, just make sure a minstrel start interupting theri support in the begining of the battle, intil the theurgist got pets on each of them. Then when enemy support is interupted by fast running earthpets, you dont have to worry about the interupts anymore :)
ofcourse, if you meet hib group, you going to have 2 pets chasing you, often a few greys though. easy to instant dd to death on the grey con, and stun/mess on the chanter pets, wich will die soon if group is doing good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom