Albs in RvR

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a proud member of Albion, and will never play in middie or hibbie country.
But we need to win more fights. In emain we mostly lose FG vs FG fights vs hibs, but sometimes we win. But it's been a long time since an alb FG where I was in killed a mid FG.
I'm talking about random pick up groups, so not Gol, BF, JD and other uber groups.
What are main reasons we lose:
-we don't have enough clerics and sorcerors. It's impossible to kill a FG mids with insta mezz and 2-3 healers when u don't have a cleric or a sorc.
-Many albs just don't wonna learn. They make the same mistakes over and over again: not assisting, breaking mezz, not guarding sorc/cleric (if u even found 1).
-Not talking good: I've been in a grp where 5 where at mmg, while 3 others went mtk, without telling.
People who don't play their class good, because playing too many different alts. I've seen a sorc demand a str buff for 5 minutes. After using caps cause he dind't get the buff, he finally realised he wasn't playing his merc.
It happens a lot of times that the sorc sees the mids from a distance, but isn't even able to mezz em cause of him reacting too late.

What can we do to make us win more fights?
-get more sorc/clerics.
-listen to people who have more RvR experience.
-don't log after 1-2 lost fights, but try again.
-Don't zerg just to be sure u'll win. U need to do FG vs FG fights when you want to learn how to play. Because zerging gets u rp's----> RA's, but it's not cause u have nice rp's that u play good.
-When there is a zerg in emain, don't just zerg back, go odin or Hadrian's. Mids/Hibs won't keep zerging emain when there is no one there.
We should be able to make emain/odin's/Hadrian's all places where u can have nice fights without zerging.
-Last thing: This is for all high RR peeps in Albion: DON'T THINK UR TOO GOOD TO JOIN LOW RR'S. Cause most higher RR albs don't even wonna look at low RR's. You seldom see a rr7 in emain pick up grps. Even rr6 are rare. Only ones i know are Warekrusher and Kagato. Once even a rr8 guildy of me told me he didn't want to join guildgrp cause we weren't RR5+. I've seen hib rr10's grp up with rr1's. This gives the grp a much bigger chance to win, and lower rr will get higher rr sooner, so they will be also able to win fights.

Pls don't start spamming I also make many mistakes. I know i do, but i just wonna make albion a better realm for all. When i join a guildgrp of TB, TP, BF, i always was the lowbie with my rr5, but in most pick up grps I'm the highest one. When we all try to make it better we'll beat the crap out of socalled uber mids who think they rules cause they have the relics, wich they stole in da night.

Darksbane

Fledgling Freddie
Spend time at apk building a balanced group. find ppl who are going to stay a while, ask before u invite them. might take 45 minutes to build a nice group but you will have better chance of having more fun.

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
It's odd. As an SB i often skulk around emain and see albs at rvr. If you forget the fact that you rarely see 1fg albs (there usually is 2nd and 3rd right around the corner, and yes, hibs too these days) it seems to me they can do ok. T say alb fg looses every time... I don't see it like that. What comes to sorcs, seems there are plenty of em running to amg solo. Why aren't they in groups?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I remember when old Veeshan posted something like this waaaay back on BW. Back then, the most important lesson was "don't pull the MTK guards ffs!" ;)

Calamore

Fledgling Freddie
o robby :) u r the uber of all armsmen, dont let this get u down.

Armsman 4thewin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Here is my tip to Albion - wear RoG drops or stuff you got from NPC merchants. Then people won't think you are an epic-wearing fool but actually kitted out in sweet sweet SC GEAR! Not sure this will work so much with ToA around though, but a good way for 2H paladins to get groups if they also wield S+S until it's time to 1-shot everything with that massive tool.

a.

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Funny that each realm makes similar complaints. We shall see if Frontiers sorts this out as promised.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Apathy said:
Here is my tip to Albion - wear RoG drops or stuff you got from NPC merchants. Then people won't think you are an epic-wearing fool but actually kitted out in sweet sweet SC GEAR! Not sure this will work so much with ToA around though, but a good way for 2H paladins to get groups if they also wield S+S until it's time to 1-shot everything with that massive tool.

a.
eh lol?
Allot of albs have brest from ToA / Epic, but got an SC built arround it so they have a nice look instead of Midgard / hibernia that are all the same.... BLACK BLACK AND..... ofc u guessed it.... BLACK!!:p

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Oh that can be tip #2 for a better Albion then - dye everything black! It's what Arthur would have wanted, bless his soul.

a.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Apathy said:
Oh that can be tip #2 for a better Albion then - dye everything black! It's what Arthur would have wanted, bless his soul.

a.

teh sarcasm is stl0ng in this 1

ps :clap:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
why are people taking the piss out of this guy, he looks pretty decent to me, next to his silly 'in da night' language he's actually trying to work smt out

he has valid points, the hard part is to actually find people with brains who want to really go for it. spend time getting good equip, spend time learning basic tactics, spend time building a good group and spend time dying and learning until things go better eventually

you could try and roll a cleric or sorc tho? :)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Apathy said:

a.
but 2h paladins like to be shiny
black isn't very shiny :(

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Asha said:
but 2h paladins like to be shiny
black isn't very shiny :(

Is the glowy 2H DF sword not shiny enough? Tut tut! Some people are greedy.

a.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Evok said:
Funny that each realm makes similar complaints. We shall see if Frontiers sorts this out as promised.

Tell me if I'm wrong but by that comment are you implying that people from mid and people from hib also think they are underpowered? Because that my friend is either very very wrong, OR they're all blind. I think you'd be wrong to assume they think it's hard over there because it's plain obvious who the weakest realm is atm and will be after 1.69 and even more so in frontiers.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Just give paladins some det and 2h with slash styles like midgard, also SoS and BoF. Then Albion will be great!

Basicly alb's problem is, too much paladins running around (easier to level), too less det tanks, and random clerics being sold, and transformed into buffbots. Thats the problem.

second problem; epic armours.. 1 out of 3 Albs above rr2 have epic armour in RvR.. errr what's up with that? :)

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Tell me if I'm wrong but by that comment are you implying that people from mid and people from hib also think they are underpowered? Because that my friend is either very very wrong, OR they're all blind. I think you'd be wrong to assume they think it's hard over there because it's plain obvious who the weakest realm is atm and will be after 1.69 and even more so in frontiers.
At what point does he mention being 'underpowered? Dont see it. And i dont say anything about being 'underpowered' either.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Tualatin said:
Just give paladins some det and 2h with slash styles like midgard, also SoS and BoF. Then Albion will be great!

Basicly alb's problem is, too much paladins running around (easier to level), too less det tanks, and random clerics being sold, and transformed into buffbots. Thats the problem.

second problem; epic armours.. 1 out of 3 Albs above rr2 have epic armour in RvR.. errr what's up with that? :)
coz the ridiceulaus (NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL THAT WORD :D *shame shame*) prices crafters have 2day...
250-300gp+ for 1 armor piece to be spellcrafted 300 times 6 = euhm.1800g+
100-200gp+ for 1 armor piece to be alched 200 times 6 = 1200gp
MP set Plate = 10-15plat?? = 18 plat, and not all players have got that money..

Ceap

Fledgling Freddie
with TOA u don't need a full set, is more like 3-4 items to SC and alch

Belomar

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
coz the ridiceulaus (NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL THAT WORD :D *shame shame*) prices crafters have 2day...
Maybe you should roll all LGM crafters and be the Mother Theresa of Albion.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Maybe you should roll all LGM crafters and be the Mother Theresa of Albion.
Hey he asked for a reason, he got it;)
Not saying its not unfair that crafters ask that price, but what im saying is true, allot of people cant afford such stuff...

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Robby said:
I'm a proud member of Albion, and will never play in middie or hibbie country.
But we need to win more fights. In emain we mostly lose FG vs FG fights vs hibs, but sometimes we win. But it's been a long time since an alb FG where I was in killed a mid FG.
I'm talking about random pick up groups, so not Gol, BF, JD and other uber groups.
What are main reasons we lose:
-we don't have enough clerics and sorcerors. It's impossible to kill a FG mids with insta mezz and 2-3 healers when u don't have a cleric or a sorc.
<snip>
if we're talking random group v random group .... mid, and i assume hib, has the same problem. you really think every midgard group is perfectly balanced gankgroup? there just aren't enough healers to go round.

maybe mids just don't go out till they have the desired fotm group setup (i've had this happen .. people waiting an hour, ignoring every warrior, skald, zerker for that third savage we needed :m00: ).

I've also been in the truly random pickup groups too with my shaman being the only healer/buffer in the group. the rest consisting of some RM, BDs a few thanes...well you can imagine how well this group did. think we made it to mmg, but there our path to glory ended.

i don't think when it comes to pickup groups that there is much difference between the realms. it's the dedicated gankgroups that make the most out of their respective realms where you can find the real differences between alb/hib/mid

edit: oh and like was said, complaining about there not being enough clerics/sorcs doesn't help...go playing one yerself does ;)

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Big Ugly said:
edit: oh and like was said, complaining about there not being enough clerics/sorcs doesn't help...go playing one yerself does ;)

Sorcs die to fast and often dont get rezzed til fight is over. Playing sorc is only fun if you have a good group that knows how to keep you alive and rezzes you in fast.

Clerics are too much a one trick pony. They can heal and thats it.

So you cant really blame people for not playing these classes if they dont have fun.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I cant understand how you can lack Sorc numbers, there is always loads of them running around SOLOING trying to kill stealthers mostly. those guys usualy is quite good at playing their class.

And a thing for Albs that want to run in Fgs. I think you to easy just put the blame on the other realms and that they are overpowerd, or that alb have have to weak classes to ever win. You cant win many fights if you leave apk thinking we are going to die when we meet a other fg.
When i played in IG after each fight where we lost, instead of wajning about the others we tryed to figure out what WE did wrong. Who did fuck up and after that try to come up with a tactic or way so that it doesnt happen again.

oh and 1 more thing.
Try make guild grps, if you realy want to have fun in rvr try joining a guild or make the guild you are in big enough so you always can build up a group with atleast 6 people from your guild, this will give much more practise how to play with your friends. when everyone in grp know their exact role it will go much better in the rvr area.

In hib vgn,la,rr,dh and all the other good RvR guild is basicly having the same tactics that means that it doesnt matter if you get a pickup grp as long as it is from these guilds becouse they all still know their exact part in grp, they know the tactic by heart.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Robby said:
People who don't play their class good, because playing too many different alts. I've seen a sorc demand a str buff for 5 minutes. After using caps cause he dind't get the buff, he finally realised he wasn't playing his merc.

HaHaHaHaHa.... best evah!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom