Albions are greedy, money grabbing c**ts. Discuss.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
For some people 7p does take a lot of time.

This depends on whether you farm plat directly or farm for items.

A few friends can, by observing what sells and talking to guildmates about how easy items are to farm, get hold of enough drops to earn the best part of a plat each in an evening play session. You then take advantage of the high prices to get the plat you need for the items you do want.

You don't have to farm plat to earn money.

If you aren't a gold farming class then the prices are irrelevant - items of equivalent worth all cost the same.

If you think the prices are high then farm items not plat.

If you don't feel you are able to put in the time to farm an item of equivalent power to the one you want, then you have to ask why you think you'll be able to put enough time into earning plat to convince someone who has farmed the item you want to swap for what plat you do have.

Quality

Fledgling Freddie
People are and will allways be greedy disgusting fags, squeezing the very last penny out of something, atleast (99%) of the mankind population is (irl&in game).. and we have that 1% maybe people that are normal in their head (it called common sense) you know that that word means?...nah didnt think so...lol...just wanna tell all of thoose greedy lowlife what i had in my mind!!

makes me wanna puke sometimes :puke:

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
greed is not only charging to much its allso not wanting to pay what the stuff is worth...

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Quality said:
People are and will allways be greedy disgusting fags, squeezing the very last penny out of something, atleast (99%) of the mankind population is (irl&in game).. and we have that 1% maybe people that are normal in their head (it called common sense) you know that that word means?...nah didnt think so...lol...just wanna tell all of thoose greedy lowlife what i had in my mind!!

Such an optimist.....bearing in mind the number of posts so far (32) it is by your recognition that there is a 1 in 3 possibility that one singlular person in the replies so far is a generous person.

I personally sell my AC stuff at cost price as have others in this thread said. So by your own reconing, you are completely wrong. There is such a thing as pessimism but you have gone far beyond this into a 'lets flame anyone we possibly can' state for no apparent reason? It seems it is you who has the problem, not '99% of albion', let alone 99% of mankind :p

Oasis

Fledgling Freddie
Dordanov said:
*Thinks back to times at beginning of release when some people charged for rezzes* :touch:

Hell yeah!

The lowest of the low imho :eek: How the fuck can a realm mate do that! Total arseholes.

You see an accident, go over and a guy is bleeding to death, grabbing at your shirt, gurgling blood...you gonna stand up and say "Gimme $50 and I'll call an ambulance"! LOL (and don't bother, I KNOW it's a game :p)

Simius

Fledgling Freddie
Quality said:

Hoorah, that puts me in the 1%. I'm SPECIAL! (At least that's what my mummy tells me)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
no one ever charged for rezzes :m00:
you people are funny/lazy/weird
pick the adjective you like best !

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:

Can I have all of them please? :)

Quality

Fledgling Freddie
Its true, or use to be...Rofl (and excuse my brother for the flame post) i´ve read it, hehe but i must agree that 50% of what he is saying is true but not with that attitude :clap: :clap:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
Oh I still remember a few that tried, back in the first couple of weeks.

It was amusing at the time, dont think I ever paid anyone for it though ;)

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Oh I still remember a few that tried, back in the first couple of weeks.

It was amusing at the time, dont think I ever paid anyone for it though ;)

I brought a forest merchant to Lyonesse, so people could sell their loot more easily. Tried to ask for some cash for using it, but no Alb bothered.
Tight mofo's tbh :)
Some even thought I was getting all the profits of the stuff they where selling to the merchant... noobs.
Regards, Glottis

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
<snip>
I mean, jeezus, what is wrong with some of you greedy motherfuckers?
Greed is indeed bad, it's one of the 7 deadly sins...

So is wrath.

:)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps the 'dropped' items are rare here...

but mp leather for 5plats.. lvl 51 weaps go for 350g.. Crafting is actually rather cheap in Albion compared to what other realms/ servers charge. So, instead of going after those special procs etcetc with stats that can be copied with SC... buy crafted (even MP is cheaper), and give a 5.5 pt OC on it.. and you should have better gear.

Sycorax

Fledgling Freddie
Some peeps also use CM's as a way of displaying things that they have to friends, without having to set vault priveleges etc..
So the prices could be just set so high because they don't actually want to sell it.

If you think it's to high a price, just don't buy it :m00:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
judas said:
if ppl cant afford they should go to dragon raids and such. i dont think anyone will pay 7p on alb/excal for a full respec anyway as you said your and lots more selling for 3p~ if the demand is so big for full respec stones and they are getting rarer they will be worth more then 3p.

farming money aint hard and 3p dont take that much time to get. nor 7.
if ppl dont want to pay what the items are worth they are the greedy ones.
if i was gimp speced id pay 7p for a respec stone or go to a raid to get one if that was the price for it in gereral.

What is a bit odd is that I have been checking for a full respec for some time now since the Market Explorers have been there, and I dont recall seeing any full respecs for 3p, seen MANY for 7p and quite a few for 10p, I would presume that somebody is buying cheap and selling large.......... :flame:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Quality said:

One thing worse than people that rip of others and thats low life scum that leech off society (Both in game and out of it) for everything they can get without working for it :twak:

I'll sell stuff for what I think people will pay for it, if I dont sell it then thats my problem not yours or anybody elses for that matter.

Sure I think 10p is a rip off, but I wont be buying one for that price so I dont care. I'll continue to search for a reasonable price one or take part in a guild raid when one happens.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Asha said:

In the coupla years I've been playing I have had 2-3 people try to charge for resses, I auto'd on all occaisions.

Some people are clueless/idiots/retarded pick the adjective you like the best !

Fangrim

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:

Wrong Asha. A LOOONG time ago, some people actually charged for rezzes - it became a fad. Esp. in remote places like Barrows. I've tried paying 50s for a random cleric to rezz my grp cleric (I still remember rezzers name...)

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Fangrim said:
Wrong Asha. A LOOONG time ago, some people actually charged for rezzes - it became a fad. Esp. in remote places like Barrows. I've tried paying 50s for a random cleric to rezz my grp cleric (I still remember rezzers name...)

The only people who charged for rezzes were refugees from Norrath - and they all stopped doing it by about level 15.

Oasis

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:

They sooooooooooo did :p I never paid for a rez personally but ingame/guild peeps reported it.

burg

Fledgling Freddie
As long there are people willing to pay those prices for these kind of items then they'll keep being sold for that price. Why sell to some dude who only got 1 plat to offer when you can sell to someone who'd offer 10 plat, and when sold for 10 plat you can lay back and chill with your money.

I think it's called a boom in english.

While in disneyland they're all so damn poor, nobody can pay 10 plat. They gotta sell them for less, but sell more items and spend more time to until they can sit back and chill.

I think it's called a recession in english.

But hey, what do I know I don't even play daoc =)

(btw Hi Sissy!)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
Greed is indeed bad, it's one of the 7 deadly sins...

So is wrath.

:)

This isn't a 'do as i do' post...more of a 'do as i SAY!!' post! :D

Winnirynn Archangel

Fledgling Freddie
'The point is, Ladies and Gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.
Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Greed, in all of its forms - greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind.
'
---Gordon Gekko

:p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Fangrim said:

I remember discussions on either BW or possibly even the GOA forums about how tipping your resser was a good thing ;) (but that demanding cash for ressing was bad)

back in the days when giving someone 10s wasn't just an insult ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom