Albion RP slags

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by driwen
but then you got slam and we still lack some spec buffs? And you have every 15 minutes bof, which should help against the damage variation. Besides killing a zerker is ALOT easier than killing a paladin, allthough you probably wont kill the paladin till you killed all the rest. But yes you need your paladin, but you get a defensive tank with it. And zerkers dont want to swing at cap speed, all the zerkers nerf crys were because they were swinging so damn slow while still dual wielding..

u get 2 pr and with a shammie u get spec buffs, and every man and his dog has a bb at the telekeep, yes we get a defensive tank but id much rather have end regen on cleric and put another damage dealer in, in this game frontload damage wins fights and those alb 6 are LACKING in it, i have played mid driwen, untill you have played both alot post lv50 you wont understand how much easier it is.

Btw zerks with healers aug haste+celerity hit VERY fast, i have seen zerks swing at crazy speeds thx to celerity+haste buff.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
u get 2 pr and with a shammie u get spec buffs, and every man and his dog has a bb at the telekeep, yes we get a defensive tank but id much rather have end regen on cleric and put another damage dealer in, in this game frontload damage wins fights and those alb 6 are LACKING in it, i have played mid driwen, untill you have played both alot post lv50 you wont understand how much easier it is.

Btw zerks with healers aug haste+celerity hit VERY fast, i have seen zerks swing at crazy speeds thx to celerity+haste buff.

except that zerks that frontload dont want to swing fast as they arent frontloading then anymore?? And the frontload zerkers are the one with the huge hits almosteveryone thinks about when talking about zerkers
and with the end regen fix we cant specc buff everyone and most likely wont have end regen on everyone. And now mids need a BB to compete with the albs buffing power without buffbots?

Ow and having a defensive tank is actually smart as it will keep your support alive longer which means more heals and longer time being buffed. Besides your end regen is on the tank that wont die and ours is on support that will get targeted first or second. That is off course after 1.62 patch.

and bof is better than PR certainly in not highly organised groups as PR might get overwritten by a lesser rezz. Albs are simply not as gimped as you want them to be, you have the utilities as you said yourself and yes they are spread on other classes. But with those classes you get other stuff aswell, just deal with the fact that there are 3 different realms and that means utilities are spread differently.

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by driwen

Albs are simply not as gimped as you want them to be, you have the utilities as you said yourself and yes they are spread on other classes. But with those classes you get other stuff aswell, just deal with the fact that there are 3 different realms and that means utilities are spread differently.

i never said they are gimpy and i know albs have the tools to compete, what this thread started at is why albs zerg and i pointed that out, due to albion needing 6 classes, middy 4 and hibby 3 its much much easier for both middy+hibby to get balanced groups, albion struggles more which, couple this with a casual gamer who doesnt want to wait at atk all night and you have the creation of a zerg.

like i said driwen, unless u have played both alot, you dont really know, i played both middy/alb excal and the difference is huge, the players arent any better tbh just the classes in general make groups much easier to form.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by AbPoon
Hmmm dunno if giving up a tank with 60% cc reduction and cheap ip and purge is worth it just for the heat cold and matter buffs.

Unless the friers high rr the merc should produce dmg near and should get picked out less in groups.

Whatever way you look at it tank groups are the way forward for Alb, caster groups just dont cut it.
Tried the 3 Tank (2 Mercs, 1 Arms initially and later 3 Mercs) last night, and I have to say I prefer having a Friar in the 3rd tank spot. Ok, the friar I usually group with IS the world's #1 Friar, so that may be colouring my judgement slightly... :uhoh:

But it's not just, as you put it, for the heat, cold and matter resists. It also allows all the tanks to get base and spec af buffs, which is not possible if you only have 2 Clerics (unless you use a group buffbot, which we generally don't).

The other benefit of having a Friar is that you can easily get all three melee damage types in the group, whereas crush tanks are few and far between. Having a Slash Merc, Thrust Merc and Friar means that when you're all on the same target, theres always 1 of the tanks maximising their damage potential... And, as Parlain is so keen on pointing out, Quicksilver hits like a truck! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom