Albion, land of the cowards

O

old.Stang

Looks like Albs cant do anything alone, i only have to shoot one arrow and a whole full group is after me. If i one shot a caster, oh my, looks like all Albs in Caledonia are after me. Is someone paying a price or so to kill me? Looks like Infiltrators are to afraid to solo to, even when two are on me it looks like they need some sort of assistance from their companions. Minstrels, they mezz me but to afraid to attack me, playing with their flute is the only thing they dare. Scouts, shoot one arrow on them and they call for help and run. Oh my, Albions are only good for camping MTK or MB if they are sure they are with atleast one group more then Mids and if not they can run very fast to their safe keep.

I hope to meet some Albions with guts one of these days..

H

hercules-df

dunno m8, i cant see any cowardly activity in bg3 atm, mids cant get out of their tk. Earlier today a fg of crazy spanish dudes were camping your tk, ppl tried to tell them to let you get to mb at least but comedy replys appeared,

C

carnak

I saw you tonight in Caledonia, and I was honestly surprised that you kept showing up after having been killed numerous times ;). At first i must admit, we were a zerg (2FG and mids had around 5 people out). Our numbers begann to decrease though, and soon it was pretty much FG vs FG, so dont complain about numbers. We got zerged by you guys 2-3 times as well, before many of you guys started leaving.
By the way, do you really think we wont hunt you down when you start shooting the casters in our group? Dream on baby! And by the by, I never called for assistance when killing you, i was doing fine with my Necro. I found it a bit sad though, that you did a /rude to me when I suicided on MTK.

PS: we didnt camp MTK tonight (a certain guild insists on doing so lately:(, but luckily they werent on) and where else should we wait for you other than MB? If we roam around we might not bumb into each other at all ----> no fights. Besides, if we have keep it's only logical to defend bridges.

PPS: if you wanna kill lone casters then dont go to MB :p

PPPS: I've seen mids and hibs camp ATK before, yet somehow that doesnt seem to bother you... care to explain?

K

Karnage

OMG .. saw 2 hunters in BG3 with Kane. I attacked them and they both ran away!!

FFS such cowards!

etc etc etc, repeat infinitum.

kthxbye!

N

Nazghul-

PPPS: I've seen mids and hibs camp ATK before, yet somehow
that doesnt seem to bother you... care to explain?
Mids and hibs don't do it 24/7.

P

pez

Ooh you big manly hunter you picking on casters, and then those cowardly albs are so pussy they attack you? omfg albs make me sick...

And i fail to see how you can complain about minstrels playing to their class' strength

The inf gank thing i'll let you have though :p

D

darbey

Did you get owned all night by any chance? Go play solitaire if its too much for you. WTF do u expect a grp of albs to do when u start plinking arrows at one of them? <Sigh>

E

edoa

HAHA

Sucker lol , 1 shot is enough to kill one and run away and re stealth before they can catch up on you.

A

Alkoran

I don't think it's valid to complain about getting chased by groups when you try to gank their casters...people are allowed to request assistance when they are about to get slaughtered. It's a bit unfair to say you are the only one permitted the upper hand in a fight.
A note on those flute playing albs:
Many are not in the BGs to solo they will not be wearing specially bought armour as a support class they don't need any armour most of the time in PvE and will be wearing whatever they happen to have collected along the way. Their weapon may well be grey con and unused for many levels, this was certainly the case with my bard.
They will mez you, they are good at this and enjoy using the skills granted to their class they will stand around and wait for someone else to kill you, because they don't feel the need to enter a situation in which they are sure they will die within 4 seconds.
Some may be spec.ed and equiped for combat, others are there to give their group some speed and their particular brand of soothing CC.

Next thing you'll be complaining that the nukers don't stand still when you charge at them or that they cast on you from out of combat range.

A

aewyn

Tell me a bit, when you are in with some others mids and you see an Alb. alone, do you say something like "we should put a fair fight and fight one against one"? Sure not, mate, sure not. Or we will have notice. Do we complain? No. If the alb was alone, his fault.

If we see one of our minstrel or Cleric being attacked do not expect us to be just watching. Would be idiot because a support class is not a fighting force by itself and we would be the only ones to do that.

Gather 1 or 2 fg and try to retake the Keep as the others Mids did yesterday. That was great RvR.
To complain about lag or the fact other Albs help an attacked Alb is pathetic and useless.

Aewyn Armsman
Shadowlords Society.

G

greenfingers

as topic says...

YES, Albion is the land of cowards!

But it's not w/o reason! We have the HIGHEST player increase of all the 3 realms, and this is within the past 6 months!
And what does this mean?
It means that Albion has most peeps playing, most n00bies, most whiners, most Guilds and yes, most IDIOTS!!!

We are seriously getting tired of newcomers joining Albion! I know that I once was a n00b and all that, but atleast I wanted to KNOW my realm, every mob... every SINGLE mob! I know like 90% of all Albions char Spell's, Combat styles, Armor, Weapons and all that other SH!T...

can't GOA/Mythic just STOP the newcomers to Albion/Excal???

This is actually like racism!

Foreigners immigrating to your country, and getting a permission to stay in your country, FOR EVER...
Then of course, more and MORE immigrate to YOUR country, because it is the best place to be...

Well, if U can draw a line between that and this "Albion, land of cowards" thing ... then we are NOT cowards, we are overpopulated, because we are the best place to be!
and NO, people do NOT want to learn the mobs, they just wander around getting the grp killed by some random purple mob, and saying: "it wasn't me, it agroed..." <--- YEAH RIGHT! ... it is neutral to you ...

end of wajn...

O

old.Stang

Ok maybe abit over reaction from my side but the game can be so frustrating sometimes. I remember the time my first character an lvl41 Armsman was wandering in Emain alone having great fun duelling other soloing classes/races without being zerged all the time what happens all the time now (that was just after the us version of daoc was released) Now it looks like only zergs are leftover, in Emain, Odins, Hadrians sometimes and even the bg's.

Playing a solo class is not easy these days, its hard to find a lone wanderer to attack so we have to attack enemy's in a group to get some rp points (in my case casters) and i know the risk being chased by the whole group. But if an infiltrator detects me, pa me and then run back to a group meanwhile calling for help is a bit strange and frustrating, that group will jump on me and kill me while that 1vs1 fight much more fun is even if i loose.

P

pez

Sounds like an isolated incident as i expect 99.9% of infs would prefer to have the 1 on 1 with you

And on the whole alb being cowards thing imo its mids (in bgs atleast). When albs get owned by superior numbers then atk camped they stick at it and keep trying to break out till sooner or later enough albs have turned up or the right tactics fall in to place and they push them back.

Mids on the other hand seem to die once, maybe try again but as soon as they get pushed back they seem to say ah well no numerical superiority anymore, was fun chaps but i'm calling it a night.

/salute to those who stick at it, you're welcome in alb any day :) except then ofc we would have no one to fight at all...

A

aewyn

Stang,

I understand the feeling and most of us, even if Albs :), would like a solo fight when possible.

This night I ran into a group: 5-6 pple maybe more, we were in CK and most albs where pursuing some mids around MTK. I was alone, and Methendil offered me the fight, I took it even if overwhelmed by the number. I must say it was nearly fair, even if some Mid caster thougt it was his job to give a fair chance to Methendil with some spells casted on me. [not buff ones :)]
At the last as we were quite toe to toe another Mid joined the melee and I was dispatched. It has been nearly the fairest fight I got ever, and still it was not fair in the true way of the word.

Was I camping? no. I have been offered a fair fight? Well quite. I think Methendill would have favoured a single one against an armsman, his mates choose to react as "albs" :)
Do i complain, no :) By the way, I met you earlier in the night with your group and the fight was even less fair since I was purely ganked in sniper hill. And I still do not complain. :)

I am looking forward to meet you, or Methendill, Olvoair, Arcturus, Norwegicus or others.. I just wish it will be one to one but if not well I will fight just the same and expect from you the same.

Take care Middie and see you with some steel in hand :)

A

Aule Valar

so you shoot someone in the middle of a group, then a group attacks you!! the fiends!!... sigh

K

Kindar

Well...i dunno about they are cowards...i ahve seen times where they fled when mids and albs where equal numbers, but its prolly what you call a tactical retreat :-P

I think albs play good, but my most whining about em is their number. Not a common thing thou. Albs have cool chars...i know, which prolly make em so big in numbers. Not sure thou :)

I gotta tell some minstrels just flute at you and run (i am a nasty tank i know) , but i have seen a few who actually gave a fight.
Mostly just a way people play....not all albs flee when they get shot at :)
My instant whining of albs is mostly the grping stealthers in emain...since i can't do much after 3 PAs :)
Anyway...i just basicly hate stealthers :-/

H

hiban

They r albs. They are born to zerg. dont expect anything else.

They exp in zergs (tho EVERYONE is afraid of taking aggro, even the tanks, which they dont call tanks, but "PvE chars with shields and plate" or something like that). They eat in zergs. They have sex in massive orgies. They even sleep stacked on eachother.

It all starts on lvl 1 when Mr X creates his highlander fighter at humberton with his well spent +10 str/con/dex... He emediately sees that 500 ppl are chasing and hitting the same target... Its then he realizes that u have to gangbang to stay alive... So it continues, lvl after lvl...

<jumpes some in the story>

So... at lvl 35, with his new shiny plate armor and his new door sized shield equiped, Mr X decides to port to the battle grounds to do some 1337 pharmin. After some "random running" (atk-sprint to ck- sprint to mb) he finds ppl of his own at the midgard bridge (which is a meeting place for all 1337 pharmers). He changes a few words in a language which I cant understand with the other 1337 pharmers there. He has now been accepted by the group there, and the hunting for solo ppl that are trying to have a little fun in their other so boring lives, has begun...

Other stories Mr X can be found in:

Mr X goes to HB
Mr X goes to camp MTK
Mr X runs back to MB
Mr X and his friends gets chased inside CK by a troll
Mr X and his 7 friends kills a healer

I have given up the BGs for now. Untill we get the ck back. We had the keep for a while yday... but ofc the albs had to zerg it back. as usual...

tip: Roll a supp bd. kill every infil that try to jump u. laughspam him. Continue killing.

I can kill 3 ppl at the same time with mine. Cant handle 4, but i got 2 of 4 down when i tried. not bad, huh? ;)

M

moo_work

Originally posted by old.Stang
Looks like Albs cant do anything alone, i only have to shoot one arrow and a whole full group is after me. If i one shot a caster, oh my, looks like all Albs in Caledonia are after me. Is someone paying a price or so to kill me? Looks like Infiltrators are to afraid to solo to, even when two are on me it looks like they need some sort of assistance from their companions. Minstrels, they mezz me but to afraid to attack me, playing with their flute is the only thing they dare. Scouts, shoot one arrow on them and they call for help and run. Oh my, Albions are only good for camping MTK or MB if they are sure they are with atleast one group more then Mids and if not they can run very fast to their safe keep.

about minstrels, duh u twat minstrels have like fk all damage output

P

pez

my lvl 33 minstel killed a lvl 35 sb while rs :) name Glaxa i think and yes i am gloating

he didn't get pa in though

B

balthus

PEZ,
Mids leave because we are sooo bored of watching 3-4 fg of Albs camp MTK day after day and know that after two or 3 trys and dies that its pointless waiting around for the alb recruitment machine to log in even more albs to camp MTK.
That said i use my hunter to pick off the single Albs returning from being killed by the master wizzies and if chased USE YOUR HUNTERS SPEED BOOST AND STEALTH!!!!Nobody can catch you using that thing its great.
Nuff said,YAWN.

P

pez

I still think that there are roughly the same number of bg lvl albs as mids and if there are more albs actually in bgs its because more choose to go

And the fact is albs don't let people camp their tk, if i log in and see tk camped i stay in bgs till theres damn well no one left at our tk even if its just me and 1 or 2 others against a fg or 2

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by old.Stang

once i PAed a hunter and he did speed burst and ran away. isnt he a lame coward Stang, he should have just stood about, or perhaps try to spear me to death, but he didnt, he ran away! nerf!
and then u say u shot a scout and he ran..... he should have just ran at u and died before reaching, or maybe just stood still so u could shoot some crits? and if he had reached u its low spec s/s vs med/high spec spear

Y

Yoshiki[]

he's jsut depressed because my pet loves him so much

S

Sixpack

Should I whine too?? Nah, I aint a mid or a hib :)
Btw, did anyone mention emain, keeps, relics and stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom