Alb try to retake keep today..

A

AbPoon

162 albs came on my /gu when Albs took Renaris back

then they went to Bold met 90+ Mids died in about 40 seconds flat then went to hide in Surs

All good fun ^^

P

prima

To tuath... (sry for the long post)

Cleric is a class with no offensive capability at all. My 48 lvl boob (enh/rej) hits for 30 dmg max (70 on green, 50 on blue, 30 on yellow, ~15 on a player). Smite does about 50-100, and can be repeated 3 times before a mob is within melee (twice for a player), and mana pool allows about 8 total smites.

I did have some smite spec, but realistically unless a cleric is full-smite it makes little difference (because the spec is on a slower timer than base).

I also used to have smite for the PBAoE mez. In 2 months I used this effectively once. Compare that to the almost constant use a ranged-insta has. Given the 5-minute timer this is now (nearly) worthless - after all, not every mid is considerate enough to place themselves within 350 (?) range of yourself every 5 minutes.

The short-range stun on a 3s cast time means it can rarely be cast before the target is out of range (or was ever IN range).

So, what role does a cleric have?

There's the initial accounting procedure of putting buffs on everyone (no longer necessary in the age of buffbots). Then you have the "in-game" excitement of healing players (2s base, 3s spec). This is easy enough in PvE (in a good group you don't do anything), in RvR it mainly consists of the time-challenge of finding the player (getting in-sight, in-range) before they die. Or, if you can't be arsed with that hold down group-heal (which is more effective anyway), followed by MCL, followed by more group-heal.

The Cleric is the most powerful healer in the game, no doubt (and BoF effectively equalizes alb tanks with other realms).

Question is: how many people are prepared to spend levels 1-50, and then their time in RvR, choosing between 8 names and the tough choice between one of two heals?

As a rough estimate 1 in 15 Excal/Alb are Clerics (typically /who shows 1 in 10, so assume half of those clerics are buffbots). i.e. 1 in every 2 groups might have a real Cleric. The secondary healer class (Friar) has about third less numbers than Cleric.

T

Tasans

Not our problem most your clerics went to play fotm classes (necro etc).
Bottom line albs pharmed.
kthxbye

A

Aussie-

i got 1 thing to say:

the clock is ticking and the counters says 15 days to go :great:

K

kirennia

bull was it 60 mids. Got a few screenies to say otherwise. Counted the people as they went past, the mids that is after albs were wiped. Counted over 18 groups worth. 18x8=144, give or take + 10 guards.

No use tryin that kinda bull, albs were at quite a few stages, steamrolled by MASSIVLY larger numbers of mids.

A

ardamels

When the 138 albs charged Bold there were somewhat more than 1 full CG of mids there, it's not bullshit. More mids arrived later on.

B

brommix

well...keep belong to alb now...filthy mids got exterminated

U

Urme the Legend

gimped albs, when they can't bug abuse necros.

W

warlock_es

Originally posted by prima
Question is: how many people are prepared to spend levels 1-50, and then their time in RvR, choosing between 8 names and the tough choice between one of two heals?

We have some mend/aug speced healers in our guild.
Midgard's "mending" is roughly the same as Albion's "rejuvenation".
Speaking about buffs, cleric's "enhancement" >>> healer's "augmentation".
THE ONLY good thing in augmentation line is Celerity (group haste for 15 sec). And it is hard to cast in RvR.

All, i really mean ALL those healers say that they enjoy their toons A LOT. And all they do in RvR is cast Celerity once and then heal, heal, heal, heal............

So, whats the problem with clerics ?

J

jarl

funfun

I so love when some Alb reply saying something like: Nooo all lies ! Albs where only errrr 20ppl ! and th other realm was 2094237438787ppl !!!

ill try to post the SS of the alb zerg below keep if i manage later after work :)

Now a Poem dedicated to my lovely guild!
Roses are red, Albs are dead, hibbi ladies in my bed!

K

kenid

40 Mids?? Yeah right

Mids' numbers around 64?? Yeah, right!!
So I was just imagining the huge lag and zone crashes! Cause 64 Mids won't do that.
Agreed the initial force that took Bold probably was around those numbers. After which we grped up at Excal, where we started to experience massive lag due to more and more Mids porting to our frontier. In the end when we started our (poorly) offensive, Mids number where about equal to ours, maybe a bit less.

H

Hatjitjai

they are right

64 mids at boldiam

64 at sursbrook,64 at berkstead,64 at renaris etc. :clap:

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by jarl
we mids where 60+ at keep max but seriously we spanked you all sooo good

now flame me, i r looser anyhow

No, I won't flame you. I'll just point you in the right direction.

Obviously this was your first time in RvR but I will refrain from referring to you, as most would, of being a f#$^ing noob. I will put it down to the fact that this is probably first char fresh from the Lair/Yar factory.

Just before this siege started 4fg of Mids got spanked at Beno. Did the few Albs that were there jump onto BW and brag about how they pwned a superior force? No. Because it wasn't Albs that wiped most of the Mids, it was red con guards. Therefore bragging would make them look a complete Rodney!

Now, once you have RvR'd a bit you will find your understanding of the tactical situation improves to the point where you will see the effect a huge spawn of red con guards can have. You simply cannot keep fighting the enemy whilst ignoring 15-20 red cons.

The Alb force was wiped by Mids assisted by a huge red con pop.

Don't fret about missing what was happening. Your understanding will improve once you get some more /played time under your belt.

M

MiMeN

Re: funfun

Now a Poem dedicated to my lovely guild!
Roses are red, Albs are dead, hibbi ladies in my bed!

U can keep all the female firbolgs to yourself thanks :p

Everybody gets pwned now and then, stop whining like kids and making silly excuses.

It happens, move on , pwn ppl.

get over it!

blegh

Ill get the ooohhhhh hes a shadown00b with shaman sindrome
now, boo hiss suxx and so forth.

For the record, before the zonecrash, there was 8fg and boldiam. Dunno after that, but sure the 60 of us sure did pwn a lot of albs.

(Pause for mass whine)

For christ sake what the hell did u do when u took our keeps and put up a nice CS. Pwn us like hell. Please read above, ppl get pwned SO WHAT!

Toodlepip

J

jarl

nOOb

dakeyras called me a noob im so owned !! omg the insult! Ill just go bak to lair, Yar I think now :/

just a tip, befor you talk about my playtime or my RvR experiance get some facts to back up yer claims oki ? /hug!

mmmm I get all the fibo females! mmmmmm bOOOObs!

PS.
Is Yar, lair realy a factory ? I have never seen any industrial thingies in daoc befor o_O

D

Dr. Mangler

Originally posted by Aussie-
I just asked someone on <some program> about numbers
/who pennine should be 100 non anon mids :great:

gogo Easter hollidays

Stop using Daox u cheater and BTW u shoot like a gimp.

B

Belomar

Re: nOOb

dakeyras called me a noob im so owned !! omg the insult! Ill just go bak to lair, Yar I think now :/
Yep, and it obviously hurt.
just a tip, befor you talk about my playtime or my RvR experiance get some facts to back up yer claims oki ? /hug!
Then stop being a coward and post your character names and levels in your signature.

D

Dr. Mangler

Re: 40 Mids?? Yeah right

Originally posted by kenid
Mids' numbers around 64?? Yeah, right!!
So I was just imagining the huge lag and zone crashes! Cause 64 Mids won't do that.
Agreed the initial force that took Bold probably was around those numbers. After which we grped up at Excal, where we started to experience massive lag due to more and more Mids porting to our frontier. In the end when we started our (poorly) offensive, Mids number where about equal to ours, maybe a bit less.

ehrrr... the lagg mostly depends on if you´re in the same zone, so if u were hiding at excalibur then the mids in pennine had nuthin to do with the lag in FS.

D

dakeyras

Re: nOOb

Is Yar, lair realy a factory ? I have never seen any industrial thingies in daoc befor o_O

Yep. It is an amazing assembly line. At one end you input your raw material of fresh, enthusiastic young lvl 40's and 1 week later you get an output of bitter, twisted, spiteful, whining braindeads :)

J

jarl

thx

Belomar and dakeyras, would just like to thank you both for entertaining me at work :)

E

elerand

Originally posted by old.Filip
those cleric's i know who have played a druid (mostly on camlann)

enjoy the druid more than the cleric ..

just the pet alone makes the druid more interesting than the cleric
imho ..

but if the druid is heal/buff spec they have the same amonth/lack of fun :eek:)

allthough in the last time i have seen more cleric's online than usual

¨Filip
Minser of HB

Personally I find the pet sucks, buffs (inc resists) and heals are way more use to my grp, pve or rvr and that's what I enjoy most, supporting my grp.

Pet might be useful for interrupting casters but it dies pretty fast, not worth counting on imo.
Agreed that nature is possibly worth speccing in more than smite these days, but at least they get a baseline stun ;)

I remember when I rolled a cleric on alb/pryd, friend of mine was telling me to spec smite and I remember saying "but what about buffs? Aren't they possibly more use to 7 other people?" then smite was nerfed!
Still think some classes are intrinsically support and more viable when specced to support a grp, looking over the spells for clerics the dd's don't look too awful on paper, dunno about in practice since I never went that high.

K

Khalen

ROFL another wannabe flamer ;)

I thought I read some post about Mids not being so low to post whines and I PWN you threads :rolleyes:

T

tuathra

posted by acei

havent said a word about druids being gimped - how do u read that from my text? im completely happy with my char, which is rather the same as a cleric if this is specced 4 group rvr instead of solo..

oh - and btw... if i should gimp my druid,,, i should do what u suggest, and get my pet and AoE root......

I believe the problem with albion healers is very much what that sentence said, u believe that i as a druid is supposed 2 root and kill ppl with pet, I KNOW my role in rvr is solely healing, and mby the odd dot and root 4 interuption.. but that it, i dont believe any of the healing classes r currently gimped, tho both druid and cleric (dont know bout healers) offensive specline is waste of points, which i know pretty much every1 in hib know...

- Tuathra

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by AbPoon
162 albs came on my /gu when Albs took Renaris back

then they went to Bold met 90+ Mids died in about 40 seconds flat then went to hide in Surs

All good fun ^^

[GUILD][A Knight commmander from your outpost has been killed with 183 enemies in the Area!]

kthnx

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Dr. Mangler
Stop using Daox u cheater and BTW u shoot like a gimp.
thats mr lion knight gimp to you flammen vakten boy and next patch daoc gets windowed mode so kindly go shove your daox whines up your own arse

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
[GUILD][A Knight commmander from your outpost has been killed with 183 enemies in the Area!]

kthnx

funny 68 that is innit ;)

:clap:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by kirennia
bull was it 60 mids. Got a few screenies to say otherwise. Counted the people as they went past, the mids that is after albs were wiped. Counted over 18 groups worth. 18x8=144, give or take + 10 guards.

No use tryin that kinda bull, albs were at quite a few stages, steamrolled by MASSIVLY larger numbers of mids.

Ok, with your INSANE MAD COUNTING SKILLZ0RZ you COUNTED by hand, 144 mids give or take.

Now, with a /who penn I counted 64 mids at boldiam when albs FIRST attacked that night, albs attacked with 138(according to GUARD DEATH SPAM) (this was at the stage before we decided to not just farm you at bold, so i guess few was anon, later who the hell knows? )

But ok, your prolly more correct :rolleyes:

We were MAX 150 at the peak that night, totally all combined in the entire alb frontier, 150 max i'd say, based on /who pen/sauv/hadr etc. We started off at 64, peaked at 150 and were normally around 100 mids in your frontier spread out most of the time, so guess what, I call bullshit on your mad countingskillz :great:

You were steamrolled because you suck, not because we outnumbered you:clap:

edit: just saw herbs guard report. ok we mustve peaked at 180-190 then

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Arnor2
Ok, with your INSANE MAD COUNTING SKILLZ0RZ you COUNTED by hand, 144 mids give or take.

Now, with a /who penn I counted 64 mids at boldiam when albs FIRST attacked that night, albs attacked with 138(according to GUARD DEATH SPAM) (this was at the stage before we decided to not just farm you at bold, so i guess few was anon, later who the hell knows? )

But ok, your prolly more correct :rolleyes:

We were MAX 150 at the peak that night, totally all combined in the entire alb frontier, 150 max i'd say, based on /who pen/sauv/hadr etc. We started off at 64, peaked at 150 and were normally around 100 mids in your frontier spread out most of the time, so guess what, I call bullshit on your mad countingskillz :great:

You were steamrolled because you suck, not because we outnumbered you:clap:

edit: just saw herbs guard report. ok we mustve peaked at 180-190 then

There was a kind of attack line mids used to come back in after the battle. Luckily they came back in few by few so I could count

But what really gets me is this.

I say 144 give or take
You say I'm speaking crap
You then say mids were 150 at peak time
hmmmmm, ok

But anyways,yup,we got owned a number of times but thankfully we still have the relics after a very long night :(

edit: also forgot to say, more people go /anon then there used to be which may of added to the misread at bold :(

G

Gorbash

hmm, dakeyras..... is that you doogie? did you play UO as dakeyras matey? :)

A

Arnor

There was a kind of attack line mids used to come back in after the battle. Luckily they came back in few by few so I could count

But what really gets me is this.

I say 144 give or take
You say I'm speaking crap
You then say mids were 150 at peak time
hmmmmm, ok

But anyways,yup,we got owned a number of times but thankfully we still have the relics after a very long night :(

edit: also forgot to say, more people go /anon then there used to be which may of added to the misread at bold :(

you called bullshit on the estimate of 60 mids there, THAT was a fault, We actually were around 60 mids there then. <--- My point

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom