Ahh, a fair Enchanter TL report :)

B

Belomar

I've always been of the opinion that Hib TLs routinely ask for the stars and the moon, but the last Enchanter TL report made me change my mind (no irony). Just look at the following quotes:

"Resists – Resist rates should cap at 50% and that there is a diminishing return on resist gear over 26%. Yes, this would also effect the enchanter unique RA, but it should. The Brilliant Aura RA should basically cap a group’s magic resistance at 100% of the resist cap (50% total resist) for one minute every 30 minutes."

Yay! Would love this. Resists need to be capped, and the enchanter RA is just overpowered; much better than BoF, if I understand it correctly.

"Mana – Please move the Heat, Cold, and Matter debuffs to Enchantment Mastery."

Sounds good. No more debuffing your own damage line.

The whole text: http://www.amadcow2.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=enc_pub;action=display;num=1043319530

There are some irritating parts, like asking for teleport spells and powertaps (basically, taking the goodies of other classes), but all in all a good and unbiased TL report. Not even a complaint about the LoS fix to their nuking pets. :)

F

Flimgoblin

Basically enchantments is not worth going near with a bargepole..
moving the resist debuffs out of Mana (which is already a ridiculously over-subscribed spec) into Enchantments would be a good start.

But it'll need something else in there...

not sure lifetaps fits with the enchantments bit...

Enchantment Mastery is up there with Vivication and the Spirit Summoning lines...

Z

Ziva

Stop whining about chanters please or roll one yourself!

oktnxbye

E

Exinferis

i will never stop whining about chanters!!

DAMN LOS PET!!

maybe i will stop when that gets fixed :p

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Ziva

oktnxbye
I did on PvP and owned ppl 15-20 levels above me.
kthxbyenerfplzokthx

F

Flimgoblin

the always-available nuking pet that almost doubles the nuking power (and adds a snare), not to mention the interrupting..

the fact it ignores LOS when doing so is just icing ;)

B

Belomar

Um... My post was a good-natured one, hardly a whine. Touchy, eh?

B

belth

oktnxbye

I'll whine about them till they become nerfed beyond recognition. kthxbye, you had your fun.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Belomar

Doing that is just COMMON SENSE! That's how cabalists are set up. Even SMs don't have the debuffs in their PB line. Move all resist debuffs from pet-summoning classes to the pet-related spec line.

Ahem...this should go for sorcerers too. Move those debuffs to the Mind line. ;)

And add a body debuff.

And make them AoE.

And instant.

a.

B

belth

Re: Re: Ahh, a fair Enchanter TL report :)

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
And add a body debuff.

And make them AoE.

And instant.

a.

Yey, 1% AoE body debuff at 50 spec mind :D

A

Apathy

Pfft. Every little helps. If anything, I can use it to break my own mezzes.

a.

S

swords

hmm the irony eh :)

Dammit who broke mez!....oh it was me....meh :p

A

Apathy

I've done once with that stupid spell queue thing. Started casting mezz (Sorcerers don't have instamezz, you know. It's raw skill!) and pressed insta con/str debuff whilst doing that. It queued the debuff and broke my mezz immediately. Gah.

Almost as annoying as quickcasting an instadebuff.

a.

S

Slinker

Got a 50 Enchanter and never ever used a pet in RvR , well once I put the tank pet on a keep door , otherwise I never use one except for farming mobs .

B

Belomar

Well, Ravyn, seems like you are missing out, then. Your nuking pet hits hard, snares, and can see through walls with his uber x-ray vision. Rocks at keep takes, I imagine (one AoE DoT dropped on a Hib siege party and I have 3 of those pets on me :eek:).

O

old.LandShark

Just because one chanter doesn't know what he's doing, doesn't really mean the pet doesn't need a nerf. :>

K

katt!

Originally posted by Ravyn
Got a 50 Enchanter and never ever used a pet in RvR , well once I put the tank pet on a keep door , otherwise I never use one except for farming mobs .

hi i have a lvl 50 sb and i think stealth sucks so i never use it.

I

inuyasha

lol!

Originally posted by Ravyn

what can i say?...

I advice you to start?

ok
thnx
bye
=)

yeah...and nerf the mana spec the way mentioned =)
Light enchanters is not really overpowered =)
Remove the los bug okey, but touch the pet slow, case then i reroll again (and not another enchanter either!)

S

Sethus

Sounds good. No more debuffing your own damage line.

Admittedly this is somewhat unfair w/ us vs other casters, but we don't debuff our own damage spec line at all- we can only debuff our base nukes. This is much more effective used in tandem with other light specced mages (qte and larael will attest to this as they love dding for nearly 700 per hit w/ mah debuff). I for one and many others still have SOME spec in enchantments so this will only weaken the debuffs that we already have. In other words this is not solving the problem at all, just making hibs lives more difficult.

On a side note, I hadn't heard but are they planning to nerf that uber mid aoe stun in any of the later patches atm?

Q

Qte Eth

Buffs (general) – All buffs need to be extended to 20 (preferably 30) minute duration for all buffs that are not conc based in all realms.

HM is he stupid or smth?
i think the whole buffbot system should be removed, making buffs last longer will mean that every grp will get a buffbot and will move to him at tk or crim-crau to get resist love..

and 50% resist cap also sounds not really good
either melee should be same as magic-ie melee buff,melee ra
or interupts should be removed if melee resist caps still get 26+racial..
and as for me its no difference if someone has 50 resist or 70 -its imposs to kill him anyway
not to mention u can quite easy get 50 ,and mage becomes nearly useless after this,and i have never seen anybody with resist 65+ for example
and about chanter ra..yeah doubt that it should give 9x resist.maybe cap resist with baod at 75.since bof gives sick melee resist
also why did previos ench TL change?hes reports were more reasonable than this..llotho if i remember correct

B

Belomar

Re: Re: Ahh, a fair Enchanter TL report :)

Originally posted by Sethus
I for one and many others still have SOME spec in enchantments so this will only weaken the debuffs that we already have. In other words this is not solving the problem at all, just making hibs lives more difficult.
Think of it as bringing your resistance debuffs in line with other realms. My experience of chanters (albeit limited) and the general consensus here seems to suggest that your class is a rather simple one to play, and thus making it more difficult can't be that bad.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Qte Eth
also why did previos ench TL change?hes reports were more reasonable than this..llotho if i remember correct
Reasonable? I, and I think everyone non-Hibernian or maybe non-Enchanter on this board, much prefer this TL report to the previous one where they asked for things like pets not having a mob name but instead "Lurikeen" to camouflage them as players and not pets, level 42-47 pets with stealth (not kidding), spellturn (same as bladeturn but for spells), power tap (necro wannabes), bolt added to the light line, AoE str/con debuff, pet level increase spells, etc. My original purpose for this post was to point out that there was finally a reasonable enchanter TL in town.

T

Talifer

Never mind all these spell debuffs, where is the melee debuff?

If 2 casters can bypass my magic resistance, why can't 2 tanks bypass a casters melee resistance?

If there is to be a limit to maximum resistances there should also be a limit to minimum resistances. A debuff should only counter your enhanced resistance, i.e. resistance buffs, not the resistance your equipment is giving you.

Talifer

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Talifer
If 2 casters can bypass my magic resistance, why can't 2 tanks bypass a casters melee resistance?

tank 1 breaks BT

tank 2 breaks skull.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Talifer
Maybe because there is no way to increase melee resistances with buffs the same way that magic resistances can be increased? Essentially, 26% (plus racial) is the highest you can ever get to these resistances. (EDIT: Well, except for RAs like BoF.)

T

Talifer

Maybe because there is no way to increase melee resistances with buffs the same way that magic resistances can be increased? Essentially, 26% (plus racial) is the highest you can ever get to these resistances. (EDIT: Well, except for RAs like BoF.)

That's why we need a cap to debuffs, you should only be able to debuff any enhanced magic resist. Thus turning magic resist buffs into a benefit, not a necessity.

Talifer

B

Belomar

Sounds good to me, both a minimum and a maximum cap. Okay, so who tells Mythic? :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.Odysseus

I did on PvP and owned ppl 15-20 levels above me.
kthxbyenerfplzokthx

So can our beloved theurgist....

Aye, enchanters are overpowered, but not measured by the amount of level-difference they can handle.

LoS, debuff on baseline-nuke dmg, pet snare+DD, PBAoE.

Give Ice-wizzies a snaring nuke-pet without LoS and you will see them whining :)

T

Talifer

Sounds good to me, both a minimum and a maximum cap. Okay, so who tells Mythic? :p

OK we'll meet in Paris, France, tomorrow afternoon and head for the GOA offices, I'll break the door down you kidnap 3 random members of staff. I'll tie them to chairs and place stethoscopes on them all, you begin shouting the demands with a megaphone.
It's a long shot, but it just might work :p

Talifer

Users who are viewing this thread