Advices for scouts

O

old.Odysseus

omg noob....

taken from http://www.camelotherald.com/more/384.php

Q: How exactly do the attribute caps work?

A: Three factors here, separate caps that stack with each other. Here’s how to calculate your caps:

1) Item bonuses = 1.5 times your level, rounded down.
2) Combo buffs (that buff two stats) = 1.5 times your level, rounded down.
3) Single buffs = your level

Add those three things, and that’s your stat cap. At level fifty, your cap is whatever your stat is plus 200.
========
So aussie, n00b, my guess is a hell of a lot better than what u presented (nothing as always).

base 98 dex (saracen max), +45 levels, +200 items etc = 343. 350 isnt very far off now is it

Should u have anything to prove the above wrong, feel free to post, but 'omg noob' wont be received well.

K

K0nah

Go get your strength buffed over 300 then check the figure on ur inventory screen..

A

Aussie-

check your weaponskill with 300 -> 343 dex and tell me if you see a difference T_T

S

SoulFly Amarok

I knew how the buffs work, but this hardcap thing upset me :|
Have to do more studying.

Thanks for posting :p

O

old.Odysseus

There may be a hardcap of 300, i know there was one of 250 once, which was altered/removed in some patch.

Worries me that Mythic contradict themselves like this.

In my above post i didnt figure in RAs, aug dex could push dex to 360+, which means all the dexbonusses from e.g. your armor would be nullified.

Has anyone got an official post from Mythic mentioning this 300 hardcap?

S

starblade

Well, this seems another thread that started finely.

Btw, nice guide Cowled. Some great points, some others that I won't follow but still a good one. After that, it just evolved into a flame war of who has the 'uber-knowledge' in this game :(

Is it so hard for people to appreciate a thread like this and just follow the pointers they need and differ in the points they don't agree on instead of just starting another verbal whine war.

With more guides like this, at least we wouldn't have to bother explaining to lvl 35+ what 'taunt' is or that crafting skills don't go up automatically when you lvl :)

So :clap: :clap: for the guide again. Know some young scouts who really found it extremely helpfull.

T

Tranquil-

Hm, I know there is a 250 quickness hardcap atleast.. dunno about the dex one.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by starblade
Well, this seems another thread that started finely.

Btw, nice guide Cowled. Some great points, some others that I won't follow but still a good one. After that, it just evolved into a flame war of who has the 'uber-knowledge' in this game :(

Is it so hard for people to appreciate a thread like this and just follow the pointers they need and differ in the points they don't agree on instead of just starting another verbal whine war.

With more guides like this, at least we wouldn't have to bother explaining to lvl 35+ what 'taunt' is or that crafting skills don't go up automatically when you lvl :)

So :clap: :clap: for the guide again. Know some young scouts who really found it extremely helpfull.

Thx :).

O

old.Odysseus

Found it

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/193.php

from 1.45 patch notes, February 7, 2002:

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Stats are now "clamped" at 300 (i.e. 300 is the most that any one stat can be buffed) as far as the underlying buff effect is concerned. Previously, the clamp was at 250, so now you can get an extra 50 points added to a stat when it is buffed. Please note that this change is different from the one tested on Pendragon, which was determined not to be as good for the game as intended.

The post i made above, leading to a cap of some 360+ refers to a post from june 21, 2002.

Now one should think that the newest post is correct, furthermore, the feb 7. post only specifiacally mentions buffs, not armor and/or RA bonusses.

Konah and aussie may be right, but there is a serious contradiction in mythics documentation afai can see. I will go test it myself.

B

belth

Wouldn't be first time Ody...

Mythic: We've fixed the "no staying stealthed after one-shot" bug.
Mythic a bit later: Staying stealthed after one-shot is a bug, which we didn't fix because assassins were gimped earlier. Now they're not, so we fixed it.

Mythic: Stealth above 50 increases detect hidden radius.
Mythic a bit later: Stealth above 50 does nothing.

Current issues on Herald quite a while ago: Pets seeing thru stealth. Eg. they shouldn't.
Mythic few times during it's still in issues: It's working as intended.

And a myriad of others...

O

old.Odysseus

Right as always belth, dont kow why i was even a bit surprised.....
Well, question still stands, what is the real hardcap for stats....
Gotta go test it now. Damn Mythic.

O

old.Paris

Stats are capped at 300 for the most after that they wont make the slightest difference to dmg or hp.
Quickness cap is 250 tho after that your bow drawtime wont increase at all.
Best spec for a balanced scout(and anyone who isent balanced with sh and ts in play is a complete idiot...) 45 Bow(there is literally 20pnts dmge difference between 45 - 50 bow so not even worth wasteing the spec points.....) 42 Shield 34 Stealth and 29 slash or thrust depending on your preferance.

Best ras for scout aug dex 3 aug quick 3 moa 3 (between moa 3-4 there is literally no difference in drawtime we tested it and logged our drawtime for 2 hours me and niin and only in going moa 5 did you notice a difference by .1 sec) First aid 2 is a nice stop gap till you have the realm points for ip.

Items im useing atm are as follows for my lvl 50 saracen scout
2 bracers of the bowmaster
Opposition pin for stealth and quick
lvl 30 epic cloak
2 epic rings (got lucky whena friend quit and gave me his)
epic armour
OTD necklace in snowdonia from nazir or whatever hes called :p
100% player made longbow and hunting bow
100% bastard sword player made
With all this i have 1200 hp giove or take a few,dex and quick are both capped.
Ill take a few screenies to show you stats tomorrow when i can be bothered to log on =/

O

old.Paris

Etheric mist from barrows? cant remember the damn name.
Nice belt for +stealth with camo in play makes a difference :9

O

old.Paris

Also aussie been ater you but your never on irc :9 and i dont get on it alot
You got icq or something?

O

old.Odysseus

Paris ...
Wonder if its the same Paris that in IRC tried to convince me his skald could dd me for 2*400 .....

K

kinadold

My scout ideas

Imo a good balanced scout would be :

Race : most will do, but i prefer saracen.

Stats : 10 dex,10 quick,10 con, but anything will be ok.

46 bow : you get very close to 50 bow perfomance.
42 shield : slam, which is a must.
33 stealth : close to 50 stealth with items and RR.
29 slash/trust : you will get a bit above 2/3 limit at 34 giving you
a very nice increase in melee dam.

The tricky part is melee and stealth. Most scouts dont ever wanna melee, but sometimes it comes in handy. And 29 skillpoints aint much for a decent (for a scout) perfomance.
You might face a enemy who has 150 hp left when he gets into
melee, and then its nice to hit him for 50-80 unstyled. Shield bash gives higher dam, but then you might be low on end.
For a scouts its important to fire arrows from stealth, and with too
low stealth you will unstealth before arrows are fired. Besides camouflage is comming soon, giving higher stealth priority.

About stats and caps : Im not sure what caps on stat is true, but soon spellcrafting will come, and you will be able to max all vital stats nomatter what you did chose.

Items : At 50 you will use mostly epic parts, but a few items are nice. Celestial calliondar vest from calliach guards for its 10 % slash resist. Blodied vest from Llyn for its 10 % trust resist. These are good items since you most feared enemy is assasins, and because epic body part aint so good.

Realm abilities : Hmm still testing, but there seems 2 ways.
If you group all the time, you will be protected by your party, and
might wanna go for increased bow speed and damage. If you solo you need to be harder to kill so first aid/ignore pain, purge,
true sight might be a good choice.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Cailiondar Vest = Caileach Uragaig drop :}

just to be precise and whacking the ----> . <----

S

Stallion-

kinadold... ffs stop reading my minds :/
erm that excaktly how I have tought, verry nice to see some1 with the same plans and whos got the brains to understand that this temp is the uber and unnerable :)

cheers

O

old.Kiarra

Cowled : Absolutely Brilliant !!

Its printed out and although Ive a few changes in the base spec, its exactly what Ive been looking for :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhaps my little fun scout will stand a chance of getting somewhere :)

Thanks so much !!!

M

Moody

Just one more question

Thanks for the guide Cowled and all others who commented. I'm trying a scout alt now and enjoying it very.

Still, I have one question left: Final templates are nice, but what is a good spec at say 15, 24 :) , 35?

I can imagine dumping points in stealth every level is pointless during the early levels since you don't stealth that much in PVE except for a look around or is it?

During leveling, is shield more important than thrust or slash?

C

Cowled

ok :)

Final template would be looking something like this:

Shield 42 <-- all scouts love slam
Stealth 35 or 36 - u'll get lvl 50 stealth with rr4 or rr5 + items.
Longbow 45 to 50 - some ppl like to use the extra pts for extra dmg.
Slash/thrust - pick one and spec it wisely :) .. i wouldn't spec it to 40-50

Slash or Thrust?
Slash is +dmg towards ShadowBlades armor, leather, and thrust is good vs. chain (tanks).

But don't spec slash if u are a saracen cos ur dex helps alot dmg if u pick thrust.

Do NOT spec ur stealth at lvl 1 -> 40, u really need more pts in longbow, shield or slash/thrust to solo.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Kiarra
Cowled : Absolutely Brilliant !!

Its printed out and although Ive a few changes in the base spec, its exactly what Ive been looking for :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhaps my little fun scout will stand a chance of getting somewhere :)

Thanks so much !!!

Always happy to help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom