Advices for scouts

O

old.Wicoa

What are the best level 50 items....

At the mo I have 2 bow bracers. Im still wearing the Jewel of the prowler :-/. I have the 40+ epic ring a symbol of loyalty ring and yes wow pygmy death beads. I think I really need to replace my jewel any hints are welcomed please.

And if anything else needs replacing please let me know.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Wicoa
What are the best level 50 items....

At the mo I have 2 bow bracers. Im still wearing the Jewel of the prowler :-/. I have the 40+ epic ring a symbol of loyalty ring and yes wow pygmy death beads. I think I really need to replace my jewel any hints are welcomed please.

And if anything else needs replacing please let me know.

I can ansaw that one :)

Run to Snowdonia, and get the one time drop necky. It gives +stealth, dex, quick etc.

Follow the map-border to the right, and keep following untill u find some "undead"-tingies.. there is a named there.

O

old.Odysseus

As stealth is now somewhat useless, i would get a necklace with tons of resists instead, dont remember name though.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
As stealth is now somewhat useless, i would get a necklace with tons of resists instead, dont remember name though.

Yea.. k .. but still, it's a damn nice otd-necky.

Have it in ur inventory :)

O

old.Wicoa

Cheers Muchly Cowled....

With camoflauge that necklace will be very useful.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Macabre Medalion from nasher :)

up the hill behind all of the snowdon grims
6dex
6qui
12hits
2stealth

or then, buy an avernal neclase from df

19con
10%energy
10%heat res

Jewel:

opposition pin
6dex
4qui
4stealth
(something like that)

Stone of Evil Emanations:
4%spirit
4%energy
4%heat res
27 hitpoints
(something like that)

there are many good ones out there! :)

A

arcofirme

if u could make your scout othertime

Then if u could make your scout from 0 :
what raze , stats , etc u would choose ?

K

K0nah

I'd go saracen, female, +10str/con/qui and thrust. But then I already did :)

And at lvl43 with Aug DexII my dex is already on the 300 hardcap when buffed.

S

saren

After reading and following your guide, i have become a much better scout but in the ream abilities u missed a few more for scouts (well i think they r for scouts anyway) off that i would like to know but have no idea what they do: arrow salvaging, longshot (sounds obvious but just making sure), and i think thats it really

B

belth

Arrow Salvaging gives you a small chance to "save" an arrow when you shoot, letting you stay longer in the killing process. Should be a gained at xx bow spec for all archers, IMO.

Longshot is 150% range shot afaik, no critting and has timer. Was originally supposed to be like Crit-Shot, received at xx spec in Longbow (yes, only Scouts).

L

lamus Yuatja

Cowled m8, quickness doesnt effect ur bow skill. every part of Dex effects ur bow kill, to speed and damage, Thats what I read and I think its true...my m8 had a scout with seriosly higher Quc then me and we fired the same.

I belive every class has a strong and weak spot. There are options to make your weak spots stronger but it effects your strong points, So what I think is that you take your strong point to the max, as in being a scout its your bow, Saracen class has the best dex in the realm, Sar's are the best sniper, Bow, Stealth class no matter what you think.

You say brits have higher Con.....as a scout you dont last long enough for that to happen if you do get a slap in the chops....Brits in the long run may have a max of 60-90 hit points more.....if you are hit for high dmg as a Sar you die, if your a brit it knocks you low so you move walking speed. . . .very unlikely you'll get away.
Yes Brits have good melee options with slash and thrust, but that really what scouts are all about. Dex effects all bow skill and stealth.... Sar's have it better then any other class that can pick a scout.

To me you sound like a level 40 brit scout who wishes he went a sar :p

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by lamus Yuatja
Cowled m8, quickness doesnt effect ur bow skill. every part of Dex effects ur bow kill, to speed and damage, Thats what I read and I think its true...my m8 had a scout with seriosly higher Quc then me and we fired the same.

I belive every class has a strong and weak spot. There are options to make your weak spots stronger but it effects your strong points, So what I think is that you take your strong point to the max, as in being a scout its your bow, Saracen class has the best dex in the realm, Sar's are the best sniper, Bow, Stealth class no matter what you think.

You say brits have higher Con.....as a scout you dont last long enough for that to happen if you do get a slap in the chops....Brits in the long run may have a max of 60-90 hit points more.....if you are hit for high dmg as a Sar you die, if your a brit it knocks you low so you move walking speed. . . .very unlikely you'll get away.
Yes Brits have good melee options with slash and thrust, but that really what scouts are all about. Dex effects all bow skill and stealth.... Sar's have it better then any other class that can pick a scout.

To me you sound like a level 40 brit scout who wishes he went a sar :p

my first scout was a lvl 42 saracen scout, now i have a 41briton scout, both lvld them myself and i prefer my briton scout :)

A

Aussie-

don't wanna brag but first scout isn't a saracen :p
race doesnt really mean alot :/

O

old.Odysseus

don't wanna brag but first scout isn't a saracen

u just did

Saracen for maximum damage, briton for balanced strat, highlander for assassinkiller.

S

skile

Really. Imo it's a bit dum to spec a lot on slash/thrust. I've specced 18 which is gonna be my final spec to use detaunt.
I will spec 50 in lb, imo the damage is worth it. 42 on shield. This leaves 34 on stealth. Which should be enough.

One tip tho. If you are a saracen. Spec II or III on Augmented Constitution. This will increase your hp quite dramatically and this basically eliminates the bad thing about being a saracen. And you won't need to waste so many skillpoints on Augmented Dex in order to get for example a briton up in numbers.

S

SoulFly Amarok

yadda yadda ;|

10con = 36hitpoints at lvl 50 (rogue->minst/infil/scout)

so, missing 36 hitpoints and 10 strenght versus 20dex ;| what is your pic.

edit: Though, someone could test how much 20 dex is in damage.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by K0nah
I'd go saracen, female, +10str/con/qui and thrust. But then I already did :)

And at lvl43 with Aug DexII my dex is already on the 300 hardcap when buffed.

Sorry :) .. u might have written wrong but..

why the +str? Don't u mean +dex? :)

Cowled is: +10 dex/con/quick

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Cowled

Sorry :) .. u might have written wrong but..

why the +str? Don't u mean +dex? :)

Cowled is: +10 dex/con/quick

Main reason I chose saracen was for the smaller player model, or I woulda gone brit, since mine is a battlescout spec. Aug Dex II/III is prerequisite for most of the RAs a scout wants anyway. And as stated when buffed at lvl43 I'm already hitting the dex HARDCAP. i.e. all scouts who put 10 or 15 into dex wasted those points when 40+ and buffed. +str helps melee dmg since thrust is dex/str. Oh and sheild slam is crush = str.

PS :) :) :) and :)

A

Aussie-

why do i hear Eleasias laugh with 80% of these replys ;/

O

old.Odysseus

u seem like u know, why not enlighten us?

S

SoulFly Amarok

Would you be kind enough to tell me what the dex HARDCAP is ? :O

K

K0nah

300 and it applies to all stats not just dex. your char stats may say higher numbers but the effect/improvement stops at 300.

C

Cowled

Main reason I chose saracen was for the smaller player model, or I woulda gone brit, since mine is a battlescout spec. Aug Dex II/III is prerequisite for most of the RAs a scout wants anyway. And as stated when buffed at lvl43 I'm already hitting the dex HARDCAP. i.e. all scouts who put 10 or 15 into dex wasted those points when 40+ and buffed. +str helps melee dmg since thrust is dex/str. Oh and sheild slam is crush = str.

PS :) :) :) and :)

Some ppl don't have buffbots running around them 24*7, sigh.

K

K0nah

Neither do/will I. Tried getting your scout to amg solo & alive lately? Dont bother you wont make it :) :) :) and :)

A

Aussie-

there is more then 1 way to amg you know ;/
just walk unstealthed to logerys and walk from there to amg..

S

SoulFly Amarok

300 and it applies to all stats not just dex. your char stats may say higher numbers but the effect/improvement stops at 300.

Not really, as a pala with 3xx con with buffs, I do get more hps when I get better buffs. so I would say the hardcap doesnt aply there does it.

edit:
argh I can read again. "your char stats may say higher numbers..."

Then it should be fixed shouldn't it? Cos, if the stats bar tells you have 20xxhps, when you actually do not? :EE

I'm comfused.

F

Flimgoblin

there is no single hard cap...

the amount you gain diminishes when you hit 250 (at least for the speed increase from quickness... probably applies to other things)

the cap on your stat for items is:

level*1.5

base buffs: level*1.5
spec buffs: level*1

so I guess there is a hard cap on bonuses of level*4 ;)

i.e. +200 to whatever your base is at lvl 50

if you started with 80 strength and gained 45 from levelling you'll get upto 325 with buffs/items etc.

C

Cowled

Neither do/will I. Tried getting your scout to amg solo & alive lately? Dont bother you wont make it :) :) :) and :)

Oo .. no idea who u are, but im not playing alb anymore. Hostility isn't very mature, young apprentice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom