Advice Re: ISP

dave

Fledgling Freddie
Right, heres a quick explanation of the situation:

1) Order 2mbit adsl from bulldog
2) ADSL installed
3) ADSL doesn't work very well, varies from 40-50k/sec during day to at the most 180-200k/sec during the dead of night (4am etc)
4) ADSL Never works as should do
5) Complain to bulldog
6) BT Engineer comes round
7) Engineer says line is crap and we are very far from exchange, because of this bulldog should never have allowed us 1mbit or 2mbit service only 512kbit.
8) Bulldog calls me and asks me what to do, they suggest switching to 512kbit service - I agree.
9) Bulldog now inform me I will have to pay a fee to downgrade.

Why on earth should they charge me a fee when it was there fault they gave me the wrong service in the first place? If anything they should have given me a refund for paying for a service they werent providing. Anyone have any advice or know any rights I can exploit before I have a right go at them.

What a great customer service eh!

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I'm with Zen, they say that they do not guarantee suitability, and no refunds etc if you have a crap line, standard with all ISPs as far as I can tell.
In fairness it's really BTs fault that you have a crap line, Bulldog afaik have no way of testing this.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Dave,

We actually have a forum exactly for this kind of thing over here.

If you start a thread detailing the information as above, we'll try to assist. At the moment we're in talks with Bulldog on other matters, so maybe once we've got the full picture someone can check to see what the companies official standpoint on such issues are.

Xav

babs

Can't get enough of FH
In fairness it's really BTs fault that you have a crap line, Bulldog afaik have no way of testing this.
They do, it's the same way every line is tested. BT use a woosh test to get the noise on the line, >60dB and it's no go, even if they can see it working they cannot give it to you, and the tolerance is even lower at higher speeds. I don't know the situation as far as Bulldog and their LLU exchanges goes, but I would imagine they would be responsible for their own tests, as they (and othersprovide services above the maximum speed BT wholesale supply.

That said I'm assuming it's one of Bulldog's own dsl products, not the BT wholesale ones that they also supply.

dave

Fledgling Freddie
cheers for the help guys, had an email back from the guy saying it was a typo and should have said NO charge not charge. Bit of relief eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom