Advertised prices & prices at the till...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Or you could have pointed out nicely that the price had come up wrong? Why have a right go at her for something that was not her fault? She is a checkout worker at tescos, she is not responsible for their EPOS system not registering the offer. As for the dig at her maths, same thing, she is just doing what the system is directing her to.

This is why retail is such a shit job, the average customer is a selfish muppet who cannot see past their immediate need.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Actually I was rather nice - it was very much the other way round from how you describe. "Er, I think you've overcharged me - these 3 are your 2 pound meal deal" was met with "well thats what the till says, thats how much it costs" or whatever it was.
Muppets can also be on the other side of the counter :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not how you described it in your original post though, but fair enough.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it was me that made more of the maths thing, not Kryt ;)

russell

FH is my second home
You get more power when you are the boss (ish). Man I used to love it when someone was really shitty to me or one of the girls and so I took the item off the shop floor rather than sell it to them.
hehehehehe... Not sure if you can do that now -shame if you cant.
People should not take their anger issues out on poor little shop girls, but they really do. I used to have Saturday girls in tears over customers being evil to them.
Nasty business retail:p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You get more power when you are the boss (ish). Man I used to love it when someone was really shitty to me or one of the girls and so I took the item off the shop floor rather than sell it to them.
hehehehehe... Not sure if you can do that now -shame if you cant.
People should not take their anger issues out on poor little shop girls, but they really do. I used to have Saturday girls in tears over customers being evil to them.
Nasty business retail:p

you can remove the item from sale rather than honour the price, or that used to be the case anyway. Always great to see the look on people's faces when you did that with them insisting you had to sell it cheaper.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Without wishing to harp on/defend myself too much, the bit I originally quoted was after the nice bit with all the smiles and laughs. It wouldn't have gotten that far if she'd looked at the stand herself, thought "ah, so it is!" and called over a supervisor or something. Arguing about it without checking isn't what they need to be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom