ADSL Sound interference

M

Maljonic

why do people like perp and scooba bother posting on these 'help' threads. Everyone else has offered some kind of solution that has lead me closer to fixing the problem; simply saying your 'whatever' is shit without offering anything further is just a waste of time.

P.S. What kind of souncard do you all have anyway?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Right, so quick overview of the thread, I said your soundcard was shit, get a better one, the problem turns out to be the soundcard *gasp*

P

PR.

There is no better all round games sound card than a Creative one.

I've tried others and while they do better at DVD or Sound Recording they are so tempremental when it comes to Games

F

FuZor

Agreed!

So long as you ONLY install drivers for Creative Sound Cards they are ace. I currently use the Audigy which is great. :p

S

Scooba Da Bass

All Creative cards are cheap and nasty, try an M-Audio if you can't stretch to something nicer.

P

PR.

Thanks Scooba but again their cards are for sound recording and professional sound editing, not for games or conventional MP3 listening.

So as I said the best all rounda is a Creative card, its unfortunate there's no real competition :(

As for VIA it does suck :p

S

Scooba Da Bass

You are this; 'retarded'

Their cards outperform anything Creative will ever make, ESPECIALLY for mp3 listening and games playing, the sound is clearer, a lot less noisy, and you get the benefit of a set of real outputs for sending to your amp.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Yup, those are the cards, pretty cheap considering the sound quality on them, the A/Ds on them all are fantastic, and you get digital output which is nice for minidiscs.

M

Maljonic

They don't look all that cheap to me and my sounblaster live quality is excellent; I'd rather find the right (free) drivers so it doesn't interfere with my modem than throw it away and buy a new one if I can help it. All I use it for is playing games/music/films, I don't need all those extra outputs and cables; just one for my mic and two for my surround speakers.

P.S. How much is the cheapest one, it looked like $129?

T

Testin da Cable

I expect that if you want something that outclasses everything on the market you'll have to pay a bit more for it.

M

Maljonic

But I don't want something that outclasses everything on the market;)

T

Testin da Cable

I know. You want to use your sb like you've done previously.
imo you should get something like an external usb 'frog' and plug your modem into that [just to try].
I personally hate all things usb, and wouldn't be caught dead using something on that interface. I like firewire stuff though, so I can't be all bad. Can I? :)

T

Testin da Cable

cue corporate blurge:

FireWire is one of the fastest peripheral standards ever developed. Transferring data at up to 400Mbps, FireWire delivers more than 30 times the bandwidth of the popular USB peripheral standard. With its high data-transfer speed and “hot plug-and-play” capability, FireWire is the interface of choice for today’s digital audio and video devices, as well as external hard drives and other high-speed peripherals.

S

Scooba Da Bass

You can incidentally get some amazing Firewire audio interfaces right now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom