activision/blizzard merge

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
link

not sure if this is a good or bad thing, and dunno what it will do for WoW , and the competition aswell.
seems a bit odd aswell, thought blizzard were ok on their own. time will tell

rynnor

Rockhound
bad thing probably - certainly in the short term it generally causes delay to projects that are currently in hand.

Plus as a consumer choice is good and this deal limits choice - one side will come to dominate the other so what we are really looking at is the destruction of one side or the other - the licenses will live on but the games wont be the same.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
This market concentration is surely going to change from who I'll buy games in the future.

I am not interested in a market that is dominated by 2-3 major players buying all independents, having dozens of big in-house studios, throwing couple dozens milllions of USD/Euro and 60-120 men at big projects just to release the next sequel of been-there-12 or a millions-flies-eat-shit-they-can't-be-wrong-mmo like the other game.

My sympathy is with the smaller companies and the ones trying to enter the market.

Not sure who brought Activision up again, the company was as good as dead, maybe publishing id's stuff got them money again...

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure who brought Activision up again, the company was as good as dead, maybe publishing id's stuff got them money again...

It's like Atari, all that remains is a memory of what they did... and the name, which is worth more than all of that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
bad thing probably - certainly in the short term it generally causes delay to projects that are currently in hand.

Plus as a consumer choice is good and this deal limits choice - one side will come to dominate the other so what we are really looking at is the destruction of one side or the other - the licenses will live on but the games wont be the same.

well EA is getting a tad TO big so i'd recon they did it just to keep EA from buying them at one point or another. and i much much MUCH rather have those 2 companies merge rather then having fucking EA buy them. this way they will be big enough not to get tempted if/when EA makes them an offer.

thats an interesting idea tho. having Activision/blizzard start to buy the smaller developing companies to would probably make EA start to step on their toes in anguish, and that alone would be well worth it :)

Warhammer or not, if Blizzard/Activision have decided to start to expand, EA will have to start to be careful.

or they just merged because it was the better option for both cmpanies.

i still rather have that then a fucking EA brand on blizzards games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom