Help Acer Aspire E3112 Problem *Help!!*

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
I did bud, I mention above fella.
Soon as win7 installed no updates etc, I put in sd card and bam, it popped up.
Best wishes

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Now windows 8.1 pro back in.
No updates found from ms.
Tested sd reader soon as windows installed and no joy.
Thats when i checked for updates and no change there.
Now one by one, i installed each acer driver, rebooting after each install and device manager shows all is well, but no reading of cards via sd reader arrrrrrgh.

did you try what I said here:

it's kind of likely it's a Realtek card reader, since they basically do all the 'readers for everyone. you could have a go just randomly trying them to see if it recognizes the device. dl page is here.

you could even install the driver in Win7 compatibility mode according to the internets.

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
I am so confused I am losing where I've started and what I've done.
When I turned on laptop this morning, I left an sd card in slot and this was showing, thou when I removed card the device remained on screen???????.
I tried another sd card and it did not show, then I clicked refresh and now gone ffs.
I did try one driver in win7 capability mode and no change.
Something is damn weird here.
2nd pic is what I got this morning.
Other pic is showing it working perfectly in win 7 20150102_085749.jpg Sd card works.jpg

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
Afternoon everyone,
Now I have found this fault.
Where the sd card shows and works fine when i am in process of deleting the driver, i can then cancel the removal of driver, come back out of devices and drives and sd card is no longer showing.
I have done a video to show exactly what is happening

TdC

wow, that's just really annoying. only thing I can come up with is just to dl and try every realtek driver from the site, and hope one of them sticks. Sorry chumbacon, I'm all out of ideas now -.-

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
Haha.
Been a tad busy, but i will find out what is causing this no matter what.
I have another idea and i will get onto it.
If it works I'll be smiling, if it doesn't, Well trem, Your in it deep fella haha

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
Had time to get down to it yet a fecking again, but nope, still being a ...............................
getting hold of the muppets at acer online is like winning the lottery, not going to happen.

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
FINALLY! Windows 7 x64 running with all drivers, sd card reader working, thank ....
Still can not figure out why card reader will not work in win8, but who give's a s... lol.
I did alot of searching and driver installing.
For bluetooth and wifi i used the TravelMate P256-MG drivers, other were from intel after search in google and odd one from windows updates.
Issue i had mainly when win7 installed, was usb ports not working, so had to search for and install Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver_3.0.2.54 win 7 x86 so that they work work with win 7, then searched for PCI Encryption Decryption Controller driver as that was showing as driver not installed.
I have saved drivers of course for the future.
Let's hope windows 10 doesn't give me the grief win 8 had.
Best wishes

TdC

woot, nice one dude! why not stick around? we're nice, and as an added bonus we let you say fuck and shit here. it's only @Trem who we keep under wraps. that guy puts one finger out of line, I'll step out of this here bush and right in to his bedroom I kid you not :eek:

TdC

wait...wtf? @Deebs!!! the eek smiley got broken in the upgrade you silly man :eek:

Wingchundub

Regular Freddie
Will do fella.
It's great to type in freedom, Is fuckfeatures ok? my new name for trem lol
Will join in more often.
Cheers fella

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Oi you pair of cunts, shit, can we say cunt here?

What in the name of holy piss, the :eek: is broken?

@TdC is it?

No it isn't you bell end :eek: almost soiled myself I was so worried :(

TdC

eek was broken for like 5 minutes before @Deebs realized he was being a massive spanner and unbroke it. he's really sharp, usually. more a screwdriver than a spanner tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom