Account Hacked, Request to any who read

V

vindicat0r

Recently my account was hacked and I have lost access to my account with my Armsman and my Theurgist, Sirex TheVirus on it.

If anybody see's this account being logged on please be suspicous and if you see them they are probably anon'd can you please pm an officer in SS and take a Screen shot. If they want to trade itemz, those items are Stolen and do not belong to them.

I am deeply Saddend by this, it damn near broke my heart, just about 2yrs of playing that account and now poof, its gone. I am mailing GOA atm but I am being realistic about this, I may never get it back.

I Thought I would choose to end my time playing Daoc, It seems that Choice as been handed or Forceable taken is probably more correct to another.

Please any help in this matter would be apperciated, just think about if it happened to you :(

A

Aybabtu

Given pass/login to anyone?

Have any subscription info been changed?

V

vindicat0r

Hotmail account was hacked with my Daoc details + my Machine Compromised < hence the hotmail hack>.

Details changed on both, I no longer have access. That pretty much means it's hacked.

Both login and Subs pass changed. possibly e-mail addy to which I dont even have access anymore.

I have never given my game / subs login or password to anybody nope :(

A

Aybabtu

Can't you have GoA closeing it?

They must be able to see it's you that is paying for it and can close it that way...... i think

Edit: Nerf my spelling at 00:40 :)

K

Khalen

Fiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeewallllllllllllllllllllllllllls

can't stress it enough. Get a firewall, get 2 even to be more secure. It will keep all those nerd people out of your pc, if it would be a real hacker I don't think you could have done anything against it.

And I advice people not to use Hotmail for passwords... at least not the important mails...

I'll keep a look out for yah if I see someone play it (if even but seeing he took over the account I don't think he deleted it all)

G

graciex

Same thing happened to me this weekend, my characters have now all been deleted and the stolen items were attempted to be auctioned on the trade/alb forum (full set of minstrel sidi armour, disoniant falchion and saracan skin cloak, not sure whats happened to the rest of the sidi gear i had), but the threads are now closed. My hotmail account was hacked also, didnt think anything like this would happen, got my hotmail account back now which is good though but my subscription password was changed in a short space of time. Texanburger is the guy whos been auctioning on BW and also who took the money for the hauberk sold (spoken to the person who bought it). Really annoying how someone can waste 18 months or so of someones time and effort in a few presses of a button, just hope i can get my characters back :(

G

Gordonax

Vindi, can you post here a list of valuable items you have on your account characters? It's more than likely that the scum involved will transfer the items to a level 1 character and sell them on.

If people know what to look out for, it'll make the scum thief easier to spot -particularly if you have any Sidi items, which are rare and high value.

K

K0nah

nightmare :/

as stated, get a software firewall, they're free for personal use usually

get a virus scanner or use the online 'House Call' at least once a week

visit windows update and get the latest M$ 'oops we found another one' patches, weekly at least. prolly twice a week is better.

dont use plain english passwords. change letters for numbers, use leet speek, misspell the word etc

various things u can do at OS level too but the above measures will increase your internet security 10,000%

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by graciex
Same thing happened to me this weekend, my characters have now all been deleted and the stolen items were attempted to be auctioned on the trade/alb forum (full set of minstrel sidi armour, disoniant falchion and saracan skin cloak, not sure whats happened to the rest of the sidi gear i had), but the threads are now closed. My hotmail account was hacked also, didnt think anything like this would happen, got my hotmail account back now which is good though but my subscription password was changed in a short space of time. Texanburger is the guy whos been auctioning on BW and also who took the money for the hauberk sold (spoken to the person who bought it). Really annoying how someone can waste 18 months or so of someones time and effort in a few presses of a button, just hope i can get my characters back :(

Hmm, I saw quite some uber items for a minstrel, including that cloak and instrument and some Sidi mincer-armourparts in Humberton Guards Consignment Merchant this day.

Just so you know, HG may very well be innocent and have prolly farmed Sidi themselves, but it contained ALOT of minstrel-items incl. the mentioned cloak and the instrument.

I

iluvatur

bah that sucks ...

same thing happened to a mates mid account that i was using for a bot. He never give anyone his subs and now we both locked out the account and he's screwed. But goa are trying to prove its his account and hopefully change the passes etc for him.

C j00 zo0n v1NDO2!

K

kirennia

damnit, that really sucks :/ My heart dropped reading this too, really not a nice thing to have happen :/ If you need a helping hand with any items should you choose to return bud, feel free to pm me, I'll try help you out best I can.

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Hmm, I saw quite some uber items for a minstrel, including that cloak and instrument and some Sidi mincer-armourparts in Humberton Guards Consignment Merchant this day.

Now I feel bad...

I bid on that mincer hauberk from this Texanburger guy, his story seemed very genuine - didn't win but never-the-less.

I got a PM from another char, don't remember the name (will check logs when I get home - I'm at recording studio atm), who sold me a few sidi items for a VERY good price, saying he had to move to mid or something. I sold these on via my CM, not knowing they were anything to do with a hacked accnt (I assume these orignally belonged to you now).

Hope you get it all back mate(s), that's really abismal.

Reading's this made me change my password, Hotmail secret question and password to something completely random (a friend IRL had the same happen to him, but luckily the person was doing it as a joke, and instead of nicking stuff actually informed him of the security flaw).

B

Brynn

Vindi if you need any items of what not send me a pm and i will be more than happy to help :)

V

Vorcyn

Just so you know, HG may very well be innocent and have prolly farmed Sidi themselves, but it contained ALOT of minstrel-items incl. the mentioned cloak and the instrument.

Just so you know, Gracie is a member of HG, and unless you think a guild, especially HG would scam one of its own members, well..

And i severely doubt the minstrel items would be on the CM, since only our GM's, ie Fing / Xin have access to add items to it and they are as clueless about this as everyone else.

S

Sibanac

For those that Still dont know it :

NEVER EVER LEAVE PASSWORDS ON YOUR PC OR IN YOUR ONLINE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
print them on paper and put them samewhere safe.

F

Flimgoblin

our CM had no minstrel items last I looked....

and since only I can put stuff there...

Aha - ready eggy's post, sounds like it was his CM. (he's 2 doors down) Though how you can mistake the HG logo for the FC one I'm not sure....

If I knew which arse did this I'd be breaking a few of BW's rules in my posts. Basically screwing over a year of effort for someone (and 18 months for vindicator too) just so they can get some plats.

I really hope GOA follow the paper trail.

F

faef

This was before I had read this thread, but think I saw your character (Sirex TheVirus) in ac sunday afternoon (23/11/03), dont know if this is you and have sorted the problem, but might be worth having a few of your guildies camp the area.

R

rayzor_e_w

Please make sure what you post is correct before posting.

What you say is wrong.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Eggy

Reading's this made me change my password, Hotmail secret question and password to something completely random (a friend IRL had the same happen to him, but luckily the person was doing it as a joke, and instead of nicking stuff actually informed him of the security flaw).

only safe thing to do is: don't store your passwords on your email account.

S

Silenzio

mmm u rlly sure ud neve never lent ur account?

cuz im kinda sure ov the opposite

if zirex and sirex r urs...

maybe just check thos ppl u were used to share the account with...

G

greenfingers

how can your hotmail account be hacked??????????

okey, first of all, if your password is something like the actual address, then it's your own fault!

it might be someone close to you, who "hacked" it ... someone who might have an idea what your password might be!!!

K

Khalen

Originally posted by greenfingers
how can your hotmail account be hacked??????????

okey, first of all, if your password is something like the actual address, then it's your own fault!

it might be someone close to you, who "hacked" it ... someone who might have an idea what your password might be!!!

PC not secure, automatic login into hotmail or msn on etc. etc. it's easy once you get access to the pc in question.

G

Gordonax

Actually, if you're using a Hotmail account, it's tremendously easy to hack. Like a lot of systems, Hotmail allows you to reset your password if you can't remember it. Unfortunately, the kind of questions it asks are trivial: your favourite sports team, mother's maiden name, etc - all of which are often fairly easy to find out.
So never, ever store your passwords in your Hotmail account.

S

sirexairman

The only people who shares the account with are his brothers and since its his account but the theurgist is mine ! ;)... Zirex/xeris is my account but sirex being on the first account we evergot . it sucks big time :( NO one as ever been given any of the account details.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by greenfingers
t might be someone close to you, who "hacked" it ... someone who might have an idea what your password might be!!!

Doesn't have to be anyone close to you, thanks to the idiocy of "security" questions that ask you information that, supposedly, only you know - when in fact, they're easy to find out.

For example, look at your own profile: from that, I know where you live, where you work, and your date of birth, as well as your ICQ number (and your ICQ profile may have more info on it). From all this, it might take half an hour to find your exact address, the names of your parents and siblings, and much, more more - probably enough to get someone past many "security questions".

A

Addlcove

who puts real info on ICQ/yahoo/msn anyways? ;)

sorry about your chars gracie, may the bastards loose their balls in a freak golfcourseballcleaningaccident!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom