Account Being Hacked!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Irksole said:
Thanks for help, not going to bother right-nowing it.
You should ALWAYS rightnow things like this, hackers should be caught, and theres a likelyhood GOA can find what happened to your gear by tracing what toon it was transfered to. If similar things have happened to others by the same person, this gives GOA more ammo to fight hackers.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
You should ALWAYS rightnow things like this, hackers should be caught, and theres a likelyhood GOA can find what happened to your gear by tracing what toon it was transfered to. If similar things have happened to others by the same person, this gives GOA more ammo to fight hackers.

or goa will just delete the acc ^^ tryet that once..

Nate

FH is my second home
Eeben said:
heard of a firewall? we dont live in 1990 anymore :D

heard of a hacker? :eek: they dont live in 1990 anymore ;o

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
heard of a hacker? :eek: they dont live in 1990 anymore ;o

yes but pretty much doubt they will get into my machine with out me doing something stupid like accepting emails like click here to watch paris hilton naked for free etc

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Eeben said:
yes but pretty much doubt they will get into my machine with out me doing something stupid like accepting emails like click here to watch paris hilton naked for free etc
finding paris hilton naked you dont need a mail for tho xD

good hackers can get past firewalls etc so that wont be the problem (tho, who would waste their time hacking for daoc pw's if you can go through firewalls -.-)

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
No matter how good your security is there will allways be someone who can beat it.
Noone can beat a paper next to your comp.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Spyf said:
No matter how good your security is there will allways be someone who can beat it.

yes if your stupid :) if you dont accept anything from ppl you dont know i doubt they will get acces to my computer since i dont have anything sheard..
someone could break into your house!!!

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Pointless info but anyway!:)

Huntingtons said:
finding paris hilton naked you dont need a mail for tho

good hackers can get past firewalls etc so that wont be the problem (tho, who would waste their time hacking for daoc pw's if you can go through firewalls)

Abit pointless, but atleast you can make it so hard for them that if they are just looking for passwords its just not worth the time!:)

Internet connected comp: platform: Linux with firewall (2 networking cards) -> Second comp with 2 networking cards (platform Windows 2000 with firewall) -> Router (with builtin firewall) -> into network with the computors you use (using a 3:d platform: windows XP without ability to loginto from 2000 version)

Thats apparently abit hard to hack...Ive heared! (prolly not impossible but damn hard!:)

/Charmangle

ps. Used that for a while but was abit overkill!:) (and no it wasnt just for rediculous safty, but wanted a linux maincomp for the old version of the MMORPGs (MUD-server anyone know of it ?). Win2000 was for some work appz so it just happened to be built like that. Hmm...might be easier just keeping your passwords on paper though!:) ds.

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
Eeben said:
yes if your stupid :) if you dont accept anything from ppl you dont know i doubt they will get acces to my computer since i dont have anything sheard..

The junkie who break into your house dont give a crap about daoc passes.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Spyf said:
Unless you post a picture of ur computer from irl with the note showing - like 2 ppl did in that last pic thread :>

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
Unless you post a picture of ur computer from irl with the note showing - like 2 ppl did in that last pic thread :>
lol

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
living said:

LOL...I would have to be rude to reply on that :eek7:

Nate

FH is my second home
you should report it irk, it'll stop the hacker from doing it to others

X

xGenocidex

Xrystofer said:
did u had saved your pasword to a text?inside your pc.. ?

No offence here but if people are going to save there passwords on text docus on there pc they should have there pc's locked down tighter than fort knox :/ or you could do the much safer alternative.. goto your local stationary store.. buy a cork board... stick it on your wall above your pc and pin your passwords onto it :eek:

X

xGenocidex

Nate said:
you should report it irk, it'll stop the hacker from doing it to others

it won't stu :/ thats the sad thing what can goa do? ban that ip... whats from stopping him/her getting a new ip? and doing it all over again :/ my ip changes every time i reset my net connection.. :/

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh just memorize the paswords, same as u would do with ure CC keynumbers ect , not something u store, somethign u memorize, i have not a single file liying around with a pw on.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:

haha , thats abit naive :p pretty sure anybody knowing what theyre doing could in a short space of time

X

xGenocidex

stand by what i said :p cork board above your pc on the wall > any firewalls :p not like they can come through your phone wires and pop there heads out of your pc to take a look at teh board :p i memorize but i used to use cork board! tis the way!

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:

do you really think that you need to accept something so that someone can gain access to your pc ?

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Abit pointless, but atleast you can make it so hard for them that if they are just looking for passwords its just not worth the time!:)

Internet connected comp: platform: Linux with firewall (2 networking cards) -> Second comp with 2 networking cards (platform Windows 2000 with firewall) -> Router (with builtin firewall) -> into network with the computors you use (using a 3:d platform: windows XP without ability to loginto from 2000 version)

Thats apparently abit hard to hack...Ive heared! (prolly not impossible but damn hard!:)

/Charmangle

ps. Used that for a while but was abit overkill!:) (and no it wasnt just for rediculous safty, but wanted a linux maincomp for the old version of the MMORPGs (MUD-server anyone know of it ?). Win2000 was for some work appz so it just happened to be built like that. Hmm...might be easier just keeping your passwords on paper though!:) ds.

sounds very damn boring when you need to open a port/ports to create game servers ^^.

Allow tcp/udp on port xxx on linux comp, allow tcp/udp on port xxx on windows 2000 comp, allow port xxx to go through the router, allow port xxx on main comp.. WTF, not working, gotta check the first comp again, hm that was right, what about the second... bla bla bla..

i rather get hacked than getting all that shit :p

kewl ppl like me remember their passwords in their heads instead of writing it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom