Account Being Hacked!

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Hi i just tried logging into my account, it says already logged in, no-one but me has subs so im guessing someone has obtained my PW, can someone PM Irksome-p and see if he is online please!Dont want my stuff robbed.

Everz

FH is my second home
It also could be someone in GoA handling an appeal on your acc or something

Happened when pryd db crash happened, tried to log on said the acc was logged in finally logged in and my toons were refunded.

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
ok :/ but i havnt appealed anything. Just hoping nothing bads happened.

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:
did u had saved your pasword to a text?inside your pc.. ?

im afraid so yes, has anyone tried to /send to any of my chars yet?Would really appreciate it.

Everz

FH is my second home
uggh, then the chance you have been hacked is high.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
happend to me once too ,there is a way speak with a friend and ask Alliance if there is any E&E that can help they can speak with gms but dunno if they work tonite :(

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, no friends on MSN atm im afraid, most dont play sunday nights. If anyone reading this could check through a /send irksome-p to see if he is online it would help.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
try join irc chanel /j e&e u can speak with some ppl that can help u there

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
got insta-kicked and am now banned from that channel..wtf bin on irc once before

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i joined the chanel and spoke with a e&e they told me no gm available at weekends and they suggest u to Right now and change your password aswel asap!

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, i've changed PW now. Gonna go get in the bath now lol, not much else i can do, thanks for the help and i wouldn't want you putting any more effort in it for me its ok really, is only a few items on a game (if anythings been took). Thanks for the help.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
good luck with your account i hope nothink missing:(

ps:dont save your paswords on text again

Nate

FH is my second home
sorry mate took a bit of afk time and totally forgot about it :( good news is weekends over so gm's will be in and so will the rightnow staff. none of ur chars are on atm

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
There was some dude postin login details on the IRC trade channel yesterday to some account.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Your first port of call should be rightnow, GOA would have opened it first thing this morning and could have looked at your account and checked what happened.

If you do find anything amiss, contact them ASAP with details of your toon names, items, cash, house and anything else relevant, something like this:

Main character name: Fred Blogs
Server: Prydwen
Realm: Midgard
Other characters: John Smith, Slartybartfast, etc etc

When GOA reply, have details like your original DAoC CD key, credit card number, date you started the account (if you can, its on your account details history). Change passwords again if possible, and for heavens sake DO NOT USE HOTMAIL! Write your passwords on a peice of paper that you keep in your wallet or under your pillow.

Be patient, GOA do take this seriously, and the more pateince and info you give them, the more they can do to help you.

I hope all is well, and hopefully anyone else reading this will take note.

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
Right logged on late last night after bath, tried logging into Mid/prydwen but it was realm locked, checked main chars on camlann, nothing touched (thank god) checked hib/exc side (only had 41 animist with a little cash), char is stripped of a few sc parts and rogs, of low value, i think he may have been after the vamp in my sig but it is very fortunatly on other account, im guessin he will of tried to log into mid cluster or something then but i had changed the PW, very lucky he did not try mid side first, deleted text documents with PW's in, and they stuck to wall now. Cant believe how lucky ive been and its just a good job i tried logging in last night otherwise PW would not have been changed. Please anyone reading this with PW in text document, delete it! Thanks for help, not going to bother right-nowing it.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
whats wrong with haveing your pw in a txt file?

i guess what many ppl do wrong when having passwords in a .txt file is naming it to like daoc.txt or smth similar or password.txt and so on... also using communication programs like msn, icq irc or what ever on same comp (sure not everyone have 2 comp+) or having filesharing progs and dont know how to properly share, seen ppl share personal information that includes phonenumbers, home adresses and even socialnumbers ect ect on filesharing progs, but ive been kind to warn them and to not share thoose folders including such stuff.

althou i still wouldnt save my passes in a txt file on hdd, rather keep em on my mobilephones memory.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Always funny with ppl sharing their picture folder of their girlfriend :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom