About the WoW account sale thread

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
Off the top of my head, it was either in PC Gamer a few years ago or the Official PS2 mag. I forget, I've read both regularly over the years.

The figure was for europe and was some sort of market research type thing, probably done by Sony Europe or some such.

Anyhow, basically the average age of computer games players in Europe was around the 25year old mark, based on the fact that consoles like the PS2 and Xbox had made gaming popular again and the people with the resources to buy said consoles and games were people of the age group 20-30 years old.

This could readily be extrapolated to P.C gamers who seem to be, from my experience, more likely to be in full time employment with the resources to buy and maintain their own P.Cs. Certainly its true from my own experience, as the majority of gamers I know are of my age, so around 30 years old give or take a few grey hairs. Certainly the majority of people I knew when playing DAoC were of my age or older with very few under 20s about. Doesn't mean they're not out there, but I just don't think they are in majority.

Tbh, I think if you run into someone in game acting like an immature prick, odds are they are 20+ (or maybe even 35, married with 2 kids and a cat called Perkins) and they just are an immature prick, rather than someone still in their teens.

Cheers for that, must admit there is always a tendancy to think that just because players act like ass-holes that they are 12 years old, when in fact, as you point out, they are probably in their mid-20's :)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Sendraks said:
That people who are 20+ with jobs are the people who can afford to buy games machines and play games, that normally for online games you need a credit card thus you have to be 18+ and I really don't know that many parents (and I know a fair few) who spoil their kids by paying for online accounts.
Why u think they sell gaming cards?

I myself was in the start of my teen years in the mid 80ies and still hang around playing games, but i dont assume that my age group continues to play, even tho most of my friends does - infact *all* of my friends, except one who thinks we r all g33ks ;) (ohh, and my gf too thinks we r g33ks ;))

About adult games... I dont think its becuz the majority is now in that age group, but more becuz if u and I go into a shop buying the new game from Playboy, or the Jenna Jameson one, we r not some suspicious closet-wanker anymore... Its quite... how u put it... *legal* to do so nowadays.

But I agree with what u said about immature pricks dont have to be 13-18, but might as well be older ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom