About the new perma-ts

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Fatbelly said:
ook, ts3, 30 points, phys def 5, 34 points .. that alone is rr7L4
purge 1 is pretty useless as a stealther, so at least 2.. thats 15 more points, 8L9, and IP? at least ip2 for it to be of much use, hello 15 more points, 10L4

and determination on top of that? =) why not, at 10L5 you can have 1%

aye itsgonna take a while :p

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Another thing that amuses me is the fact that, if this goes live there will be no reason whatsoever for an archer to have stealth 50. No enemy stealther will ever be able to sneak up on him. So all he needs is 10-15 + rr + items, say 20-25 in stealth to avoid fg's. In other words; all snipers with TS 3 will also be able to raise their weapon-skill with 20-30%.

The new fotms will be shar-rangers with stealth 10 and celtic Dual 44+ & piercing/blades 44+, wielding heat/cold legendarys. Or the classic scout/mincer-duo but both with stealth 10-15 and 44+ in slash/thrust.

Rangers free-ride; desperate bowman; 300 in damage and 5 sec stun; desperate my ass...

And when 43% of all stealth-classes are immune to pa/bs2 and most groups have insta-heal pools, bodyguard and brittle guards most assassins will make one last desperate atempt to go mercitrator/shadowzerker/battleshade before they vanish from the face of the earth.

The addicted will reroll, the not so addicted will jump the next train; WoW.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Another thing that amuses me is the fact that, if this goes live there will be no reason whatsoever for an archer to have stealth 50. No enemy stealther will ever be able to sneak up on him. So all he needs is 10-15 + rr + items, say 20-25 in stealth to avoid fg's. In other words; all snipers with TS 3 will also be able to raise their weapon-skill with 20-30%.

The new fotms will be shar-rangers with stealth 10 and celtic Dual 44+ & piercing/blades 44+, wielding heat/cold legendarys. Or the classic scout/mincer-duo but both with stealth 10-15 and 44+ in slash/thrust.

Rangers free-ride; desperate bowman; 300 in damage and 5 sec stun; desperate my ass...

And when 43% of all stealth-classes are immune to pa/bs2 and most groups have insta-heal pools, bodyguard and brittle guards most assassins will make one last desperate atempt to go mercitrator/shadowzerker/battleshade before they vanish from the face of the earth.

The addicted will reroll, the not so addicted will jump the next train; WoW.

Jox get a grip on yourself and dont be such a noob.

25 stealth will give any enemy fg with SL up cliprange detection ffs, and if you knew anything about the game you would know

detect range assasin/archer = 250 + (50-25)*50 = 1500 range 'passive' ts to assasin. So who the fuck among archers are going to spend 30 rps which is useless because you allready gimped your spec stealthwise.

Yes you can bitch about some of the problems with infils/ns's/rangers, but
please do think sometimes. Archers do only get 2 points pr level, low evade, no toa melee bonus, no debuffs/poisons, no frontier melee enhancements and no specifik ml improvements, and their only chance against an assasin in melee is to use between 30-60 rp's so im pretty sure even if they where able to raise their melee with 20-30 % it would be a minor problem.

An enemy fg with SL items up will see you at 825 range, i would be more concerned about gank groups with many SL items than some underpowered archers getting a new tool at a very high cost. I mean you could fight a mincer/scout duo, but you wont fight the fg, that will just be insta release.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Jox get a grip on yourself and dont be such a noob.

25 stealth will give any enemy fg with SL up cliprange detection ffs, and if you knew anything about the game you would know
and if you knew anything you would know SL is getting nerfed

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
and if you knew anything you would know SL is getting nerfed

Yes its improved to find stealther, not nerfed.

Atm most stealthers have it up all time, which negate SL from enemy fg's.

When its lowered to 90 sec a stealther cant have it up all time, which means
his weak to enemy fg's using it as a mini ts. 8 people in a fg will be able to
have it up just about all the time if they want to.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Yes its improved to find stealther, not nerfed.

Atm most stealthers have it up all time, which negate SL from enemy fg's.

When its lowered to 90 sec a stealther cant have it up all time, which means
his weak to enemy fg's using it as a mini ts. 8 people in a fg will be able to
have it up just about all the time if they want to.
there wont be 8 SL´s in a fg and they will often be used around mg´s and stealthers camping there deserve to get uncovered by a fg

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
there wont be 8 SL´s in a fg and they will often be used around mg´s and stealthers camping there deserve to get uncovered by a fg

Atm stealthers use multiple SL items, which makes all SL items worthless.
At 1.68 stealthers cant have it up all the time, which means SL items can
be used as a mini ts ability.

Please answer how something useless, who is made usefull, is a nerf ?

Maybe its you who dont know anything, but aint got the balls to admit it ?

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Why are people even arguing with a noob SB like Jox who got 90% of his rp's using overpowered LA combined with unnerfed See Hidden and 2-5 fellow SB's?
He just hates the idea his 2-5 man gank squad might be avoided by a solo archer...
Deal with it Jox, and QQ more.
Regards, Glottis

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
You feels a bit unstable today Glotty, have you taken your prosac?

Evasive

Fledgling Freddie
Well I thought 1 of the tasks for an assassin class is to take out casters and find archer types and with this perma TS-crap it's hard to do 1 of the above jobs well. Mythic trying to balance the game they make it even worse imo, but we have to see what it will be in the end since those ra's are still a proposal. I hope they will change it coz the TS3 1000 range is to big.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
What was the advice from assasins to archers when see the hidden was on top un-nerfed?

Ah yes, i remember: Get some skills or reroll, NQQBS. :m00:

Well, we will see if those kind assasins have those suggested skills, we will see.. :kissit:

Highwind

Loyal Freddie
Assasins are so inferiour to archers. So maybe this will balance things out :).

Highwind

Loyal Freddie
Evasive said:
Well I thought 1 of the tasks for an assassin class is to take out casters and find archer types and with this perma TS-crap it's hard to do 1 of the above jobs well. Mythic trying to balance the game they make it even worse imo, but we have to see what it will be in the end since those ra's are still a proposal. I hope they will change it coz the TS3 1000 range is to big.

Whatever made you think assasins where meant to take out archers? Assasins are way better than archers at killing casters. Depending on class, it's very hard for a archer to kill a caster (SM with the pet, bonedancer, enchanter with the pet, etc). So then, if fair, the archers SHOULD hunt the assasin down, so they are good at something atleast :D.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Adapt, improve, overcome! :p

Deja vu anyone? Think I've heard it earlier.. ;)

In todays emain it would be overpowered, who knows how it will be in frontiers? It might be watered down because there will be more accesspoints etc...? Perhaps?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lets just cut through all the bullshit you are spoating jox.

right atm, assasins are top of the food chain, followed closely by mincers who are a bit of an oddball, followed by archers.

The gulf in effectiveness in stealth wars (and 95% of stealthers roll stealthers to stealth in stealth wars) is huge. To the points where archers under most circumstances are free RP to assasin.

assasins have been nerfed into oblivion over the last year which i dont agree with but hey. One thing thats kept assasins happy is that there fella stealthers and old RP rival, archers have also been twonked a few times with the nerf bat. Its got progressivly harder for assasin to assinate other classses but they have always had rule of the roost relative to the other stealth classes.

This RA change is actually going to mean that assasins will be able to assinate again and should start thinking about PA (3-4 hits) and vanish tactics. This will be how they are played most effectivly. Fotm DW merc infs/ns are gonna sux ass tbh. Sure they will be tough as nails but they wont be able to batter classes down like that have been doing before.

Now something to throw a spanner in this is the fact that the assasin may become better at hitting other classes again and actually having a chance of getting away, but they may debaitably not be top of the food pile in terms of stealth wars. This is the thing that most fotm pl'ers wont be able to handle.

To be honest i still think after this RA change assasin will fair well versus archers. I just think that clever archers will totally avoid melee with assasin under all circumstances.

I dont agree with everything thats going in to be honest either but for gods sake lets see how this one pans out before you condem it.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
lets just cut through all the bullshit you are spoating jox.

right atm, assasins are top of the food chain, followed closely by mincers who are a bit of an oddball, followed by archers.

The gulf in effectiveness in stealth wars (and 95% of stealthers roll stealthers to stealth in stealth wars) is huge. To the points where archers under most circumstances are free RP to assasin.

assasins have been nerfed into oblivion over the last year which i dont agree with but hey. One thing thats kept assasins happy is that there fella stealthers and old RP rival, archers have also been twonked a few times with the nerf bat. Its got progressivly harder for assasin to assinate other classses but they have always had rule of the roost relative to the other stealth classes.

This RA change is actually going to mean that assasins will be able to assinate again and should start thinking about PA (3-4 hits) and vanish tactics. This will be how they are played most effectivly. Fotm DW merc infs/ns are gonna sux ass tbh. Sure they will be tough as nails but they wont be able to batter classes down like that have been doing before.

Now something to throw a spanner in this is the fact that the assasin may become better at hitting other classes again and actually having a chance of getting away, but they may debaitably not be top of the food pile in terms of stealth wars. This is the thing that most fotm pl'ers wont be able to handle.

To be honest i still think after this RA change assasin will fair well versus archers. I just think that clever archers will totally avoid melee with assasin under all circumstances.

I dont agree with everything thats going in to be honest either but for gods sake lets see how this one pans out before you condem it.

Sorry Censi, you have no clue

Assassins;

Infils
NS
Mincers
SBs

SBs = shit

At least since 1.62.

And TS 3 will end in a complete slaughter of ALL solo stealthers.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Sorry Censi, you have no clue

Assassins;

Infils
NS
Mincers
SBs

SBs = shit

At least since 1.62.

And TS 3 will end in a complete slaughter of ALL solo stealthers.

Since when did u start to solo ? :touch:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Infils
NS
Mincers
SBs

thats prolly true perhaps as a vague speculative statement. (SB has issues that need to get sorted)

but so is the statement

assasin
mincer
archer

which is what i am saying.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
SBs = shit

Lol Jox, funny thing is that you actually believe it even...
SB's are okish, with infs and ns both slightly better. Still SB's have a decent chance as long as they have half a brain.
You have about 1/5th of a brain, so you just bring 3 friends to be able to gank a solo enemy at all times...
TS3 should be clipping range, so the clueless SB noobs can go through SH hell, like the archers had to. 1k range is Mythic being a stupid cow again, it should be 4k range.
Payback, all the assasins own the archers a lot of rp's!
Regards, Glottis

Reloaded

Banned
Glottis said:
SB's are okish, with infs and ns both slightly better. Still SB's have a decent chance as long as they have half a brain.
You have about 1/5th of a brain, so you just bring 3 friends to be able to gank a solo enemy at all times...
TS3 should be clipping range, so the clueless SB noobs can go through SH hell, like the archers had to. 1k range is Mythic being a stupid cow again, it should be 4k range.
Regards, Glottis

:wub:

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

It depends very much on what RA are up and under what circumstances we are talking about. I know that a melee specced Ranger/Scout with IP up is not my cup of tea.

One need to keep in mind that most assassin spec RA for maximum close quarter dmg-output and staying effectiveness. Most archers seem to go for increased ranged effectiveness. This ofc goes for speclines of the toons as well. A class using all availble specpoints to max melee should have the upperhand against classes that lean more to ranged combat. This is a game mecanism used in just about every game i know of, but is also true irl. One has to choose and by choosing your also accepting that you cannot be best on everything.

censi said:
This RA change is actually going to mean that assasins will be able to assinate again and should start thinking about PA (3-4 hits) and vanish tactics. This will be how they are played most effectivly. Fotm DW merc infs/ns are gonna sux ass tbh. Sure they will be tough as nails but they wont be able to batter classes down like that have been doing befor.

Looking at the RA's for assassins I think they will be rougly blanaced in that department. Looking forward to test out some of the stuff.

censi said:

I agree that we need to see how this works out first, but to be speak frankly I think that SH as it stand now in the new RA system will probably be nerfed in some way sooner or later. Personly I would hope that they go for a sett range on TS, but lower the timer if you spec higher in this RA. Like range 1000 and lvl1=30min, lvl2=15min and lvl3=5min...and 60 sec.

Reloaded

Banned
if a scout would spec high in weaponskill and some shield, his bow is gimped, so might as well roll a DFn00b then

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Regards, Glottis

Well Glotty, your opinion is completely worthless to me. You are Excaliburs biggest loser/rp-cow. You have jumped from fotm to fotm hoping you will own somebody one day, but the only chance would be to let you play your wrong-speced Lvl 50 losers in bg 0 or 1, bg 2 or 3 would start to get way too hard.

You must be the the only player that have played a buffed infil/mincer and get owned by unbuffed critblades, over and over, lol. And then you you start to scream that sbs are overpowered.

But I understand that you are upset. I have prolly gained 200-300k from you.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

I have no respect for you, not as a player/rp-cow or human/midget.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:

LOL, I did not know that scouts where FOTM when I started it...
I did not know an armsman was FOTM.
The only FOTM characters I played might have been a minstrel, but then again, you probably also feel a slash inf is as much FOTM as a DW thrust inf...
And please show me where you beat me while you where unbuffed (or solo, either of these never happend).
You never even played this game solo, all you did was run with a stealthzerg abusing SH and gank solo players.
That is the Jox everybody knows...
I just think you are a bloody hypocrite. Bitching about a semi effective TS while you where all gloating for more than a year over your elite SH skills.
Bitching about DF while you had such a long time playing with your overpowered LA damage...
So really QQ more. I hope Mythic even improves TS more, to the 3.5k range you noobs where used to...
Regards, Glottis

PS. Please tell me what character was specced wrong? Scout, minstrel, inf, necro, sorc, armsman, cleric?

Show

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
didnt they learn anything about see hidden?

lol

I rather do a sex-change before playing with archer-perma-ts

didnt stop u from picking and abusing SH on archers for so long now did it?

stop crying or stop playing.

Highwind

Loyal Freddie
Jox said:
Well Glotty, your opinion is completely worthless to me. You are Excaliburs biggest loser/rp-cow. You have jumped from fotm to fotm hoping you will own somebody one day, but the only chance would be to let you play your wrong-speced Lvl 50 losers in bg 0 or 1, bg 2 or 3 would start to get way too hard.

You must be the the only player that have played a buffed infil/mincer and get owned by unbuffed critblades, over and over, lol. And then you you start to scream that sbs are overpowered.

But I understand that you are upset. I have prolly gained 200-300k from you.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

And yet you sink to his level of personal assaults?

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas said:
It depends very much on what RA are up and under what circumstances we are talking about. I know that a melee specced Ranger/Scout with IP up is not my cup of tea.

One need to keep in mind that most assassin spec RA for maximum close quarter dmg-output and staying effectiveness. Most archers seem to go for increased ranged effectiveness. This ofc goes for speclines of the toons as well. A class using all availble specpoints to max melee should have the upperhand against classes that lean more to ranged combat. This is a game mecanism used in just about every game i know of, but is also true irl. One has to choose and by choosing your also accepting that you cannot be best on everything.

Looking at the RA's for assassins I think they will be rougly blanaced in that department. Looking forward to test out some of the stuff.

I agree that we need to see how this works out first, but to be speak frankly I think that SH as it stand now in the new RA system will probably be nerfed in some way sooner or later. Personly I would hope that they go for a sett range on TS, but lower the timer if you spec higher in this RA. Like range 1000 and lvl1=30min, lvl2=15min and lvl3=5min...and 60 sec.

1000 range ts on a 5 min timer for 30 rp ?
Atm i have cliprange ts every 30 min for 10 rp.
You got to be kidding or plain stupid, an assasin with 3 SL item has
2000 range detection, 90 sec durability on an archer every 5 min for 0 rp.

Sbs need fixing, but that has nothing to do with archers, and maybe sbs
will once again assasinate with 2-handed strike.
High level Ap+ip is best on dw rangers, that has nothing to do with hunters and scouts.
Increasing melee on archers would be greatly overpowered.
Toa + Frontier has split the 2 types of classes even further into melee and bow types, if archers where kept at current stealth situation they would be
unplayabel.
Assasins get very nice new abilities in frontier too.
Ts is a way to prevent a class to get first strike on a weaker opponent, just
like bt was given to mages.
SL on a grouped speeding assasin >> ts3 in terms of detecting enemies,

Read the above and go delete or have a sex change, there is hardly
any reason too tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom