About Behemoth

D

drunkenmonk

Ok first off WOOT! this isnt a whine page about the server crash!

Its about Behemoth in DF. Now as far as i am aware, all websites that list mobs and items ect have never had any listed items for this dude. Hes supposed to be lvl 99 yet i still get the odd person say to me Blah Blah Blah we killed it with all 3 realms working together <lol yeah ok> others say 7-8fg. Now correct me if im wrong but screenies of this thing hitting for like 2500+dmg kinda make me think, surely there isnt a class buffbotted or not that could take 1 hit from him. Now this of course would mean, that no grp could stand up long enuf to actually do any real dmg to him.

Now with this, it makes me think, has anyone actually REALLY tried to ever kill it, i hear a lot say they have, but in reality they were talking about BELIATHAN who is the giant worm. And if not, why not , might be a laugh, i havnt heard of any legion raids in a while so why not arrange one, and after hes dead, go on to try behemoth. By my reckoning he cant be killed, but if he CAN and he really is the LVL stated, just imagine the drops.

Well just a thought, also some proper screenshot links would be nice for this to get a real scale of this supposed unkillable beast, im not good/experienced enough to lead a raid :( but ill be there shuld anyone have the balls.

:D Quarterstaff 50 friar

Q

quinthar

Never heard of it being killed, but it sure does kill a few...

C

chosen

hehe, ofc you can't find any drop lists about him since most drop lists are player made :) and if noone have ever killed him noone knows what he drops except the dudes that created him ofc :p he may drop something insane or he may actually be unkillable :) maybe if all realm zerg him or something :)

K

Kagato.

Only way a group could take that sort of damage would be with BoF and SB etc.

But that would only keep you going for 30 seconds.

Where is he anyway? Beliathan is in the tunnels so wheres Behemoth, never actually seen him.

S

SingerOfSoul

problem1: legion has to port you to behemoth
problem2: a fully buffed Firby hero with augcon5 / tough 5 could only take 1 shot from him
problem3: with this guy being lvl 99 (reported by ppl with radar perhaps) it renders him unkillable so even if you did kill him i doubt he will be itemised, as the devs woulda have thought noone would kill him so why bother :p.
problem4: the 3 problems above make ppl not want to even try :)

S

sorusi

ive only seen hits for 1500 - 1700 :p anyway 2500, hero in stag form could easily take that beating, and some double pbt on that etc and its probably no problem :p i dont think ppl have really tried, he cant be that much harder than the dragon etc :p

R

Rulke-RM

Sounds like a lot of trouble for a high probability of a BoC drop

C

chimaira

Hit my paladin for 1950 dmg.
hes crush tho. so all get alb chain or hib scale on xD
ohh btw: he does sick dmg. but he hits sooo fucking slow..
so if pbt works and if u lucky with legion porting

(when we did legion with 2fg at pryd legion ported himself to behemoth room xD)

his speed delay is like 10 seconds

A

-ag-bometal

I have read somewhere on the VGN boards that they tried to kill em but that they found out that when they killed all illspawns (because he is the uber Illspawn or summit) in df and killed em again when they repopped (dedicated groups), that Behemoth his dmg lowered to +/- 800 DMg par hit...

Although they werent able to kill em ...

IMO, he was designed to be attacked by all three the realms together :p

W

WardyWonderland

Very hard for all 3 realms to attack him at the same time since we don't have DF at the same time. Would mean lots of log out grps and all 3 realms working together to let others take keeps etc. Also if all three realms were involved then the server would crash

S

Shrye

Don't even need to stay alive. The last res gives 100% hp/50% power, enough to res another one immediately after you get ressed yourself, hence healers resses each other while the tanks is free to hit ^^

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by -ag-bometal
I have read somewhere on the VGN boards that they tried to kill em but that they found out that when they killed all illspawns (because he is the uber Illspawn or summit) in df and killed em again when they repopped (dedicated groups), that Behemoth his dmg lowered to +/- 800 DMg par hit...

lol..

Americans

V

Vanark

The thing is.....the game is MADE by Americans too :p

T

Tranquil-

Behemoth is DESIGNED to be unkillable though, he's only meant to be a scare so you'll run out through the portal when Legion ports you down there.

E

enli

Originally posted by Shrye
Don't even need to stay alive. The last res gives 100% hp/50% power, enough to res another one immediately after you get ressed yourself, hence healers resses each other while the tanks is free to hit ^^
sounds like a certain root we kill sometimes

N

nott

My guess is that people that claims he's been killed mistakes Behemoth for Beliathan. Haven't even heard anybody hitting Behemoth for 1 dmg. He evades/dodges anything you throw at him.

S

Shrye

"sounds like a certain root we kill sometimes" - enli

If you're talking about Galla FE, I wouldn't know... Hate PvEing and spending 2 hours just on seeing one single mob have a health bar slowly decrease ;p

K

Kraben

tbh I think it can be done. The only problem as I see it, is that all people gonna have to be ported to Behemoth room first by Legion.

I DO believe having heard about a US server who tried killing him ( no info if they succeeded though ). Their plan was to "fight" legion but not actually hitting him. They get ported to Behemoth and log there to avoid aggro. Then at a set time all logs back. Dunno how many fg's there was but I imagine alot.. 6-7fg+.

Yes he does insane damage but he also hits rather slow. With pbt and mayb 15+ressers I dont really see a problem here. 1-2 fg could be assigned to handle add's permanently.

Prolbem now is: " Can he be hit at all?? " If he can, and its only for merely 1 dam per hit, he can be killed - its just a matter of time.

Im surely up for trying should such raid be organized :)

K

Kagato.

People used to call the dragons unkillable, now they get farmed by 2fg or less. Fact is characters are more powerful then ever and when mobs like Legion, Dragons and even Behemoth were designed, they were not designed with a view to dealing with characters with powerful RA's and fully spellcrafted armour and capped out stats. Epic armour was still considered uber when we first got DF :rolleyes:

Im not saying he isn't unkillable, but im not about to take it for granted till I seem him evading still with 150+ people + theurgist pet spam on him.

A

afternoon_tea

Savages would hit him for at leaste 900 damage...

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by afternoon_tea
Savages would hit him for at leaste 900 damage...
Once in every 150 swings, yes, maybe.

O

old.Thanatlos

Like it was said before, he can't be hit.. like some special npc's .. he has like 100% evade.. Behemoth evades your blow! x100

A

Aoln

Read somewhere a chanter set pet on him and ran through portal and it followed into legion room

C

chosen

humm maybe if we send a heavy tank in the tank with most hp on this server and is specced s/s ofc :) then we have like 50casters behind spamming bt on him!

N

noaim

If you cant kill him, why is there a Behemoth trophy-potion? (99% sure there is)

Is there any other mob called Behemoth?

Users who are viewing this thread