Abit quit the mainboard business

Kryten

Old Cow.
Bit of shocking and unexpected news, Abit, famed for their motherboards above and beyond everything else, are pulling out of the market at the end of this year to focus on other kit.

I do remember rumours of this circulating in the past 6 months or so but I really couldn't see it happening - a company famed for their overclocking based motherboards and generally stable & well priced high performance hardware pulling out of what many enthusiasts would believe is their highest performing line.

Source : abit exits mainboard market - confirmed :: HEXUS.channel - Essential IT business intelligence

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
There are so many companys now though, its really tough stay ahead of the others.
ASUS are also the leaders in the field and right now they are making some very nice mobo's.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Indeed they are, although both have survived in the past with equally good reputations, wavering at times, picking up at others. There's no doubting Asus' position currently, with only DFI picking up the remaining stakes in the performance/enthusiast market; but I did expect Abit to follow up soon with something good.
I know I'd rather an Abit board than a DFI ;)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed they are, although both have survived in the past with equally good reputations, wavering at times, picking up at others. There's no doubting Asus' position currently, with only DFI picking up the remaining stakes in the performance/enthusiast market; but I did expect Abit to follow up soon with something good.
I know I'd rather an Abit board than a DFI ;)

Well it says they are going to be running until the end of 2008, so perhaps they are putting everything in to a 'last ditch effort' by producing 1 very good motherboard? Unlikely I know ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
shame this, best mobo i owned was the abit maxx mobo of 7 years go. was the first leggacy free mobono just had a bunch of usb sockets, fire wire and overclocked the pentiums at the time with ease. shame they changed v2.0 of that board with serial and just 2 usb sockets and exloding capacitors

Kryten

Old Cow.
Sorry Teeds, forgot you had shares in DFI ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom