A sticky situation

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So on Thursday my new motor arrives. I'm trading in my current vehicle.

My insurance on my current vehicle ends in September which means i'll have 3 years no claims.

I need insurance on thursday onwards.

Temp cover for 28 days is around 400-700 quid.

If i was to cancel the insurance on my current vehicle i'd loose 10 months insurance and be back down to 2 years no claims (no chance)

I cant run the new car on 2 years no claims because my current car insurance dont release the no claims until the insurance policy is cancelled or complete.

Any suggestions?
Purchase the temporary cover, mostly because it's the cheaper option and you need to have the vehicle insured unless you want to start getting stupid fines from the DVLA for having an uninsured vehicle. When September hits transfer the policy to the new vehicle or reinsure elsewhere with your 3 years no claims.

Only other alternative is to take out a completely separate full car insurance policy on the new vehicle at £X per month and make sure that before you purchase you get confirmation in writing that it's a policy that you can cancel without having to pay the balance of the premiums.

Laddey

FH is my second home
You really should get cars in cheaper insurance groups if you struggle to afford them. A mini cooper sport is not a cheap car to insure.

Buy within your means.
A mini cooper 1.6 sport is cheaper to insure than a 1.5 nissan juke diesel

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Could be worse laddey you could be like me insuring this beast :p

resizeimage531218445.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What did you do in the end Laddey

Users who are viewing this thread