A Scoller Based Iframe Menu That Targets Mambo Wrapper! (or not)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
This might be of interest to you. I have created a menu using a scroller module as a base. Hope I am not upsetting anyone doing this but I am not altering the code but just adding a little to it. All that is required, or was required, was to add this to the newsflash-scroller:

?>
<iframe id="myframeupper0" src="put your source file here" marginwidth="1" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" name="I5" height="322" width="100%"></iframe>
<?

If you place the above code at the top of the mod_newsflash_scroller.php (found in your modules directory) and just under the <?php the scroller will still show but underneath your menu. If you put the above at the bottom - just above ?> the scroller will show above your menu. Obviously the height and width should be adjusted to suit your own site (along with the iframe id and name).

You can easily make the above menu target the wrapper too by adding target="iframe" to your links. This is how I am using the menu. The above will also display external website content in the wrapper too. I have even built in a search function on the menu which was dead easy. You can ofcourse simply make another block to display the above but the scroller at the bottom or top is a neat touch I think (though I will probably dispense with this soon). If you want to see it working (only 2 links are currently active - more soon) then take a look at my site. Simply click on the Fast Find Menu link at the top:

My Site

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom