A salutation to the greatest living Scotsman

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Thank god for that, I really didn't want to dislike BC.

Stupid Sun. :eek:

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
According to some ex-ITN news guy during one of the BBCs many debates on Ken Bigley's situation there are no rules at all regarding the broadcasting of terrorist messages or coverage of hostage situations for the media to follow. So given how much airtime these terrorists got I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some more kidnappings of Britons.

I don't think the BBC was responsible in covering every detail quite so thoroughly. Any responsible government cannot meet terrorist demands (despite what other countries think) yet the BBC still talked about the options, throwing the responsibility onto Blair's shoulders. So the terrorists have manipulated public opinion to some extent. In my case it made me like Blair more for his handling of the matter, but there are definitely others who blame him for Bigley's death as shown by the front page of one of today's newspapers.

So on the whole I agree with Billy if his statement is correct, and it's probably the most concrete thing on this thread.

Abommynation

Fledgling Freddie
I feel kinda sorry for Bigley's family but it was obvious to me that the dude was dead the minute all the newspapers started showing pictures of him. At least Billy had the balls to say what a lot of people were thinking (if he DID say it) and were all too cowardly to admit to. Those killers must be having multiple orgasms over the impact Bigley's death has had on England. I wonder how many more hostages' families will be teased with the posibility of a release only to have them shattered a few weeks down the line after this mess.

Hum...humanity at it's finest.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It does occur to me, however, that if a nation's greatest living representative gets that title by merely pissing a few people off what a sad shit little nation it must be. Or it could be that the person who decrees said person is the sad little example. Late night musings...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well actually Billy Connolly is an incredibly funny guy. I wouldn't say he's scotlands greatest living representative necessarily, but he's a good export.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
True enough, I was there. He didn't go at Ken Bigley per-se, he just used it as an example.

The media are all fucktards. :twak:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Turamber said:
It does occur to me, however, that if a nation's greatest living representative gets that title by merely pissing a few people off what a sad shit little nation it must be. Or it could be that the person who decrees said person is the sad little example. Late night musings...

Good god, I almost think someone doesn't like me.

I'm gutted.

Honest.

(Keep your late night musings to someone who gives a fuck eh?).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Evidently you gave a fuck enough to point out how much you don't.

Haha. You suck. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom