A sad end to a mixed experience.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Don't feel too special Conchie :)

I have a thing against most people (mostly the fact that they are 'people' - or 'hoi polloi' which might be more suitable)

But do listen to Tallen's words of wisdom, he speaks the truth :p

CplCarrot

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick It's my personal pleasure to see people like you on my server said:
What a twatty thing to do, it's people like you that make me glad Im out of the MMORPG world - My original name in MMORPG's was carrot, moving on to cplcarrot in DAOC as carrot was used, then retaining that through FFXI and Eve online - people in MMORPGs seem to travel together, so its good to have a recognisable name.

But when it comes to people like you taking grace in "reporting" people like a good little snake in the grass - forget it.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
CplCarrot said:
What a twatty thing to do, it's people like you that make me glad Im out of the MMORPG world - My original name in MMORPG's was carrot, moving on to cplcarrot in DAOC as carrot was used, then retaining that through FFXI and Eve online - people in MMORPGs seem to travel together, so its good to have a recognisable name.

But when it comes to people like you taking grace in "reporting" people like a good little snake in the grass - forget it.
Your loss.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, I guess we follow a different philosophy then.

I play MMOG's to enjoy myself.

If there are certain rules instated to keep the game enjoyable for everyone (and not just the mouthy minority) I sure as hell will help the 'authorities' to keep the game clean and fun for everyone.

And if there is a naming policy that you just can't follow.. it's tough luck for you.

Your "I used Carrot always, all the time and now they took it away from me, boo-hoo" is just ludicrous and beside the point anyways.
Remember that thing you scroll through after every patch? That's their EULA you accept - and that includes their naming policy.

Get a Playstation maybe.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
cba to read all the posts, but if this was said, am sorry.

Doesn't cpl mean Captain or some military rank like that ? Maybe thats why.

CplCarrot

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick said:
Well, I guess we follow a different philosophy then.

I play MMOG's to enjoy myself.

If there are certain rules instated to keep the game enjoyable for everyone (and not just the mouthy minority) I sure as hell will help the 'authorities' to keep the game clean and fun for everyone.

And if there is a naming policy that you just can't follow.. it's tough luck for you.

Your "I used Carrot always, all the time and now they took it away from me, boo-hoo" is just ludicrous and beside the point anyways.
Remember that thing you scroll through after every patch? That's their EULA you accept - and that includes their naming policy.

Get a Playstation maybe.

You are just a complete wanker aren't you. I bet you go into other threads and tell people to search and read posts etc when you clearly dont do so yourself. Read the fricking post and you will see that this is a part of a much bigger picture.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Lads, let's keep it civilised, we've gone five pages fairly well without it, and despite Godwins law i'm quite sure we can get another 5 without resorting to petty insults.

Ta :)

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
CplCarrot may have been renamed because Blizzard use Corporal as a rank ingame though...
If one couldn't use ANY names EVER written in a book, I'd guess all would be pretty stuck... Maybe you pick a name you like because it sounds cool, and then it turns out someone on the other side of the planet has written a book containing that name... Those who mentioned Legolas... Seen plenty other names from Tolkien's books out there too, that hasn't been renamed... Don't remember which ones atm, but I know I've seen them...

And, how about using real names then, like Bob, Billy etc? Seen plenty of real name chars in the game...

I'd love for Aremeriel on Horde side of Bladefist to be renamed though... Cause that's a name I made based on Tolkien's Quenya (iirc) for an RPG 10 years ago... All searches on internet for Aremeriel leads back to me... Think I have a case?? Guess not, unless I had Copyrighted the name...

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
CplCarrot said:
I can't quote without messing stuff up

Well... all you whine about, besides the fact that you got banned from the tech forums, is your name (that violates the naming policy...).

Since I don't post on the EU WoW forums, I can't comment on that - obviously.

If you don't want to hear opinions that might differ from yours or your little friends, don't post here...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Sauruman said:
cba to read all the posts, but if this was said, am sorry.

Doesn't cpl mean Captain or some military rank like that ? Maybe thats why.
Did you really just post that? :(

CplCarrot

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick said:
Well... all you whine about, besides the fact that you got banned from the tech forums, is your name (that violates the naming policy...).

Since I don't post on the EU WoW forums, I can't comment on that - obviously.

If you don't want to hear opinions that might differ from yours or your little friends, don't post here...

I have "whined" as you say about much more.

The objective of posting was to say goodbye to the friends I met up with again on barrysworld. Seems its open to a DAOC style "loser post" responses.

Why can't you just at least try to understand the issues I was highlighting rather than being a shit? I have to admit to thinking some of the people who posted on the official WOW forums that they were banned for complaining etc , were lying.

What has happened basically, is a complete victimisation for being the first to report on the Tech forums at a GM's advice the lag issues on Bladefist after the 3rd patch.

I just cannot understand the mentality of "flame first" read later etc. This forum has always been a good place (DAOC forums apart) and its a shame to see people like you in the WoW one.

Anyhoo - my last post so ta ra.

CplCarrot

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick said:

ANd that statement just illustrates how much of a twat you really are.

What exactly do you mean by posting "Your little friends" etc - you are nothing but a troll.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
CplCarrot may have been renamed because Blizzard use Corporal as a rank ingame though...

Probably the most valid argument tbh.

mork

Fledgling Freddie
You could've just opened a ticket to GM's and asked for a name change, apparently some do actually help :)

Especially if you ask in french :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom