A sad day.

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
I should have explained myself further.....

.5 of Whoodoo's post, Why not invite someone just becuase there a certaint Class, or even a lower level, If someone is LFG then just Invite them, Your not going to get a perfect grp without pre planning one,
its a TRUTH that poeple dont invite others becuase there class/level, I mean who really cares, aslong as there having fun.

Also poeple seem to thing that if you Not ToA'd/ML'd then you cant really fight or whatever, Whats stopping them ?? Our guildie friend had a great time that night, He made his share of RP's and he wast ToA'd and hasnt even started his ML's yet, I saw him mainly in the albs/hibs faces, and he is new to the game.
Its a TRUTH that people can play along with others, you dont need to be Ubah ToA'd/ML'd/RA's/SC'd to the bollox to join the fun.. Its a game, we play games to have FUN!

:eek2: OMG FUN! Do us mids still acturally have that in us? Urm... Yes I think so!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Also poeple seem to thing that if you Not ToA'd/ML'd then you cant really fight or whatever, Whats stopping them

Maybe the insta lose vs people who have ToA stuff and MLs over and over again ?

Not speaking on my behalf here , just strongly disagree in your point of view.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
There is no right or wrong in thinking something about an expansion. Mentioning the truth ? The truth is that he thinks NF is a good expansion and others dont ?
Compare it to OF then, tell me whats wrong with it.... "I dont like it" isnt an answer, and seeing the amount of people wondering the frontiers of all three realms, they cant all hate it surely. Im sure if I looked back through FH you had similar complaints about old emain too.

"You cant please all the people, all the time".

The attitude some have towards grouping makes me cringe too, antisocial at its best. As is "I cba to help keep defence" etc. Nice FPS attitude, not really for a game based on the concept of group play, oh well, thats just my opinion.

As for seer classes, heck I know what you mean, hers a tip. My BB has a lastname "NoneForYouHere" as a hint. If someone politely asks for buffs, I do what I can, if they say "GIFV BOOFS PLZZ!" then I hit the macro "see the name pal..." and off the toddle. The same goes if I group with my shammy or healer, take what buffs I have or leave it, its all I got. Yes they both have +25% bonus, when I can be bothered changing all the armour n stuff, if not, tough. If they still complain, I just say "Im cave, what of it?".

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Maybe the insta lose vs people who have ToA stuff and MLs over and over again ?

Not speaking on my behalf here , just strongly disagree in your point of view.
Whos behalf are you speaking on:confused:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
Compare it to OF then, tell me whats wrong with it.... "I dont like it" isnt an answer, and seeing the amount of people wondering the frontiers of all three realms, they cant all hate it surely. Im sure if I looked back through FH you had similar complaints about old emain too.
Its too big - fg's find it difficult to find each other unless you get a keep flaming to draw attention to yourself, i hate keep wars/defences with all he trimmings. Cross realming/organising battles is not permited in the CoC so dont even go there. Instances might have the answer to this, or they might not. this is the main gripe i have with NF, old zones were alot smaller so you were almost destined to find a fight (for those that are gona whine about zergs you do know odins and hw existed didnt you?)
Could think do more but im not gona, futile argument NF is here to stay

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno... NF imo is great for soloers. My first char was a warrior, and for a time there, a long time ago when ppl could still wear epic at 50 and not get laughed at, he could get groups and some action. Then there was the era of perfect group setups in rvr guilds, which meant that if you wanted a group more often than once or twice a day you had to belong to one of those guilds. Problem was that those guilds already had more than enough warriors. Why should they take in a rr3 one?

OF was fun tho when you managed to get a group and run around meeting other more or less random groups, cause you did sooner or later seeing as emain wasnt that big, or rather you didnt roam every corner, but specific routes.

Soloing in emain was hopeless because of the zergs, you might get the occasional infil or scout. Soloing in hw was hopeless as well as there was very rarely anyone there, and if it was they were stealthers and didnt dare attacking. Soloing in odin's was a pain since you had to get your arse there hoping you wouldnt get your behind handed to you by the occasional alb fg / hib casters / mincer+infils

In NF i can at least solo with any of my chars (warr/thane/shaman) and have a chance of not getting trampled by the fg's.

I could keep this up a whole lot longer but to summarize and keep down the irrelevant stuff; OF was fun for some, NF I guess should be fun for more ppl as there was/is a lot more casual players than organized fg's.

I could be absolutely wrong about this, but bring on the :flame: !

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Whos behalf are you speaking on:confused:

What i meant was ToA/ML stuff is nott a problem for me , just imaginating a situation.

Don't need a reason to not like anything tbh, but I dont like tower/keep fights because of my limited use there. Unfortunatly most of the fights are tower/keeps.. roam around then you say ? Could do , only to find empty areas , will be dragged back to the keep/tower areas anyway.

diddnt have time to write more, i'm not at home right now ;P

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Why not try to be more helpful, nice and so on to your fellowmidgardian instead. My original post turned out the way i thought it would, people throwing insults and so on at others to try to make up for their own bad behaviour or lack of good intentions. We used to be a lot better when it came to stand up for your fellowman instead of telling others how and why they ought to do things. i.e "you aren't level 50, look elsewhere for a grp" or the most common thing, no answer at all.

I know WoW pulled many players to it and EQ2 some oldtimers aswell but also somewhere along the line, the feeling of being a part of something bigger then just the guild or grp you're in. I know there's a lot of very good gamers out there and others who just enjoy this game for what it is. It's always been like that and it always will but all felt that fighting for Midgard was something extraordinary not just something else. Nowdays it feels more like it's one man for himself or grp atleast.

Would be nice to see people go back to the way it used to be where you could group up with someone who wasn't toa'ed, sc'ed and roam just for the fun of it. The less experienced players learned a lot from the more experienced guys and it made lots of people happy and better at playing their toon. People were more involved in midgard and it's defence and they showed up when a keep was under siege, the response was swift and hard. Somewhere along the line we lost that, dunno why and I have no answer either. If i knew a way to sort this out I would have done it ammediately.

Lets just hope that Catacombs brings back some of the people who made this game the best there is, the people who care about Midgard and about their fellowman.

PS. this is merely my point of view and I don't want to force anyone to think exactly like I do.

DS. Lets make the best out of what we got.

/peace out!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Also I think the NF frontier is too big , especially now when we are having a very strong population decrease. Like Chronictank pointed out too hard for fg to find each other, many people enjoyed this in OF that there were nice fg vs fg fights, yes emain could be zergy but odin's and hw was always there as an option. I dont like water ( could be a dwarf thingy :> ) either , hate fighting in it but guess it adds a new strategical aspect .. pfff. Don't know what happened to random fgs but they seemed to disappear in NF , possibly because of people leaving the game, I dont know. Wasn't easy getting grp in OF either but easier than now, at least thats the way I feel.

Kevral

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Tried to get there and defend but hard when you dont have any buffs and nobody wants to invite you to grp. Got eventually tired of being pwned on the way there and logged.

Unfortunately I do agree with Coldbeard - too many instances of people just not inviting people to join ngroups, always wanting uber or fotm groups, it's a terrible attitude.

I tried a defence BG with a BD and after trying repeatedly for 40 mins to get a grp, I just gave up.

MLs and Artifacts don't help, but what happened to the good old days of people in Malmo suiciding (well WE used to) to go defend the realm? I'll always be there if I can, but hey, since it's my subscription I think I am sometimes entitled to go get some of these cute little artifacts that so many people seem to be overburdened with at the moment :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, I see now where you guys are coming from.

Firstly, physically NF is not bigger than OF maps, so thats not right. The map sizes are identical, 65000 x 65000 is the same as it always was, 65000 units in either direction. Then theres the teleport and hastener systems and even speedboats, so travel is no where near as bad.

Take a trip to odins for example. Lets say as a solo warrior. OF Stylie, buff up at Svasud, grab a hastener that lasted till fens, then glen, then nott, then halfway to AMG, travel time 8 minutes, oh and were not there yet. 1fg albs comes, you die, rinse and repeat. NF stylie, buff at Svasud, teleport to bled, hastener, check map, wade in. Travel time < 1minute.

Going to the other frontiers, OF style, sit on pad 15 minutes, buff up 2 minutes (5 without your own bb), stand yelling LFG 15 minutes (while waiting for next port) run out of PK to MMG, 4 minutes (no speed remember), die to 5 stealthers camping the gate....priceless. NF, port glen / bled, grab speed, grab boat, travel time 4 mins, jump, check map, wade in.

Hasnt anyone told you lately size doesnt matter (joking, felt it appropraite :))?

The other problem is character viability, yes tanks do get a raw deal in NF, but hey we all knew dark age of rangealot was in the pipeline. Having 8 character slots is one cure for that, theres not much else anyone can add to that Im afraid, its the nature the game has taken. After the glory days of Det Tanks, welcome to the world of the Thane, or how it has been for 3 years for us, unwanted, unwelcome and unloved. Hence why most old school Thanes were forced to roll alts to get to play with the other children. As for no use in seige, sorry, thats plop too, perhaps if you used your secondary role as a support class (thats what guard, protect and intercept are for btw!) you might actually find some decent use. Most tanks forget they have other uses than "me is tank, me keel stuffs an eat pies init!"

Oh, and BDs find it hard to find groups for several reasons, including your pet pathing, the tendancy to wonder off and do your own thing, the fact most think they are invincible, right up until they shout "I went outside and got uber ganked, REZ MEH!!" after their gl says "STAY INSIDE!".

Again, when Im GL, ill take anyone, because I still beleive this game can be fun, not just hard work.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
i do not think that fast travel is a good thing. previously, everyone would think twice b4 attacking hard targets - bcoz of this exact sitting on pad etc. shortly after installing of NF i had a tough fight once at beno bridge, won it, was resting...and in 2 minutes after fight saw same enemy, freshly rezzed and rebuffed happily running about. i didnt even regen all my hp.

2nd..we lost rvr _zone_. we gained some rvr _keypoints_. ALL (yes, all :( ) battles i fought since NF took place either at some keep or tower or in max 3k range from bled/beno/crau bridge. in of, battle could be anywhere in EM - tk, mg, levians, lake, dcx, bowl, tower...etc...now it is either "near <insert name> bridge, to the <insert direction>" or "<insert name> keep[, tower (1|2|3|4)]". boring. they added a lot of "strategic" terrain...it has no use - except relic raids and big zergs ofc.

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Mids are also dumb enough to walk solo through the frontiers, so heres a few lessons I think I have seen the hibs and albs have learnt a while ago:
5. Group up, with anyone, fill your group with whatever you can find, again safety for ALL not just you! Many people dont bother RvRing because mids are too selfish to group, get over it.
QUOTE]

Tanks dont get groups in midgard, end of story. NF is a static, ranged game where tanks have no place. I'd rather play PvE then being farmed while im solo, banging my head at a keep wall. The funny part is all the casters whining in /as that they r being zerged and need help, but at the same time refusing to invite u to their group :twak:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Casters need tanks for bodyguard :p and anyway i can't see the problem with just transfering the old emain idea where you just grouped up thus transfer the same idea to svasud, and btw roaming does work, just that speed counts even more so now than it used to :p

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
I had a pretty good day with my dark sm that day, would been bored silly with my main (a warrior).

If I hadnt had my dark sm I would never gone to that defence. A warrior doesnt really shine in a fight where even 1500 range is inferior.

What some seems to forget is the purpose of this game. It is to have fun, being constantly farmed is not fun. Yelling Warrior / Savage LFG is fun shorter time than it takes to write it.

Whoodo can say: but guard, intercept & bg. Sure, but thats even more boring than standing inside a keep casting spreadheals by the fop every so often for 6 hrs in a keep fight to keep the ickle casters w 1400 hp alive.

It is easy for the hunter & rm (i.e. Phule) to wajn on the tanks for their poor morale.

In general NF is better than OF to me. But daylong keep fights are even worse than mg.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
You might say that but my main is a zerker on this server and tbh i'd rather bg ur ass than being denied rp's totally because i am a tank >(

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
Sure, dont get me wrong. BG:ing a caster can be fun & necessary.

Problem is that it is very boring to only bg / guard / intercept when you are in a keep defence that more or less lasts a day.

Another question is; if you dont get group, how do you bg/guard/intercept? ;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Olvoair said:
Sure, dont get me wrong. BG:ing a caster can be fun & necessary.

Problem is that it is very boring to only bg / guard / intercept when you are in a keep defence that more or less lasts a day.

Another question is; if you dont get group, how do you bg/guard/intercept? ;)

Didn't we used to say that about casters not getting groups in OF? (concerning realm points ) :p

The idea of the whole rvr process has been turned on its head. However, mythic in their wisdom designed NF to achieve optimum balance of ALL classes, if excal mid chooses to ignore that balance then clearly there's a problem with the design or the way the players playing it - i would say the latter as it would seem that excal mid has forgotten what the word balance means. But in all fairness, a casters only real defence is distance and without that and no bodyguard you have nothing save pbaoe and with the number of dark sm's out there i say my piece.

Sooner or later peeps are gonna find a way to flank casters with tanks or a group that has a tank element and then you are all dead meat. This is already happening now albeit sporadically as the server population has declined on almost every server in the game. Peeps will get bored of keeps sooner or later and then they will find a way to find each other quickly, which may again see changes in groups - possibly with new catacombs toons. And then may be you might just see the return of the tank in some form or other.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Im a hibbie, but to be honest Ive been rather worried about the lack of middies out there lately. Man, we were pounding on a few of your keeps last week and the only enemies we had to bother us were the bloody albies! Its not the same without you guys out there. Was a bit of a shame reading this thread and getting a disjointed idea about what is up in Mid these days. After NF came out and us hibbies got a rather sore arse kicking, one thing I noticed was the influx of random group invites I got. Okay, so we weren't runing around fotm with everyone TOA'd etc, but the groups were there, and I think now the fun is flowing back into the hibbie sense of RvR. There has been a few good posts in this thread, and I for one hope they do you Middies the treat you need.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
WullieTheRed said:
Im a hibbie, but to be honest Ive been rather worried about the lack of middies out there lately. Man, we were pounding on a few of your keeps last week and the only enemies we had to bother us were the bloody albies! Its not the same without you guys out there. Was a bit of a shame reading this thread and getting a disjointed idea about what is up in Mid these days. After NF came out and us hibbies got a rather sore arse kicking, one thing I noticed was the influx of random group invites I got. Okay, so we weren't runing around fotm with everyone TOA'd etc, but the groups were there, and I think now the fun is flowing back into the hibbie sense of RvR. There has been a few good posts in this thread, and I for one hope they do you Middies the treat you need.

Nice to see something positive in this post tbh, but afaik mids just do what their told mostly and have no real opinion other than what some gimps idea of fotm is :s I play hib pry alot these days and i can virtually see a mirror image of what you are saying here, it's nice that you are gaining a sense of unity :)

Chobb

Fledgling Freddie
As GM of a large mid guild i would like to say that our guild seems to have lost 80% of its members to WOW, an average night will bring about 11 ppl online and that includes bb's. Sadly we have also had to stop claiming for the time being as our bountypoints are seriously low with not a lot of active members trying to get them back up. Hope this explains a little of the original reasons for the topic.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Imo midgard can blame them self for the bad defences most of the times...

When hib/alb are attacking a tower ppl are comming with distance chars.. and most of them are running solo (dont cry when getting owned by a fg blocking your way to the tower/keep) .. so most of the times in a mid defending tower there are hunters/rm's and a stack of BB's (what about pac healers to do some mezz/stun?) ... try make some good grps then midgard wont need the numbers to do something :worthy:

But maybe everybody just wants to leech rp's instead of make a good grp and go farm the rp's :wanker:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Imgormiel said:
...a caster's only real defence is distance

Actually, being able to deal out 2,000+ dmg in about 2 seconds - at range - is a pretty damn good defence. Casters are way out of line and need some fairly serious toning down; one good fix to help in this respect would be to have spells do less damage the faster they are cast, just like happens with weapon hits for melees.

And archers /assisting each other is insanely overpowering at keeptakes - literally two seconds outside a tower and 4-5 arrows hit you. That's broken, pure and simple. Right now ranged damage is totally out of control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom