A sad day.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder where the brave spirits of Midgard has gone, today we've fought albs and hibs trying to take Nottmoor and in the end Blendrake. The numbers defending was 45. 330+ mids online.

What's wrong? :mad:

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Well I would have liked to have said it was because Dubaxters ML9 raid was hogging people, but that was cancelled (way before the hibs struck) after 30 minutes because not enough people could come and help.... third time Dubaxter has tried :(

For the entire week I tried to get a Braggarts Bow group together but failed miserably to interest anyone....

The game to me appears to be more like unreal tournament, everyman for himself, fuck evryone else, fuck the game, seems all the nice people have left (Save Dacc and Ardamel!).

What's really annyoying is how come we have so many unclaimed keeps, the "low population" hibs manage to claim all their's so why not us? 2 people can take an unclaimed keep easiliy, we loose them so cheaply and end up situations like this.

Ofc having DF doesn't help in this situations.

snevriden

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel not getting the right guilds into AS?

Better to get RvR active guilds in than numbers imo :)

Mylhia

Fledgling Freddie
IMO it was great fun, and for ppl who werent there , youve guys really missed something :)

/hug Mylhia

polza

Loyal Freddie
was fun here two, revenge for u getting behn AGAIN, hibs have big probs will claiming aswell thou :)

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Mind you hibs get a discount when claiming both towers and keeps ;)

The population has been steadily decreasing for a while, and at the release of WoW it's been a pretty steep ride downhill. I've been looking it up a bit and most guilds in Midgard seem to have suffered a 20-30% loss in members. Roughly calculated by someone who dislikes math though :)

Kind regards

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
45 mids is cool - we had 150 total hibs logged :O

dont wanna mention how few were rvring by that time ;p

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Actually we were more than 45 ppl, much later I discovered a second defense BG for the RS alliance and we merged them :)

Cerralin

Fledgling Freddie
I personally think the lack of response is no matter who many Mids come to the realms defence there are always 3-4 times more Albs there to attack it. Realm defence is fun, but after 20 deaths in a row it tends to get a bit disheartening and you begin to feel like you are getting nowhere.

Catacombs is just around the corner, fingers crossed the numbers will start to rise again and defending whats ours will become easier.

Hang in there guys :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Tried to get there and defend but hard when you dont have any buffs and nobody wants to invite you to grp. Got eventually tired of being pwned on the way there and logged.

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
I had some great fun Tonight... I really enjoyed myself, We did have a lack of Mid Support to begin with, but things definatly perked up later. We cant make people join in the fun, there loss if they miss out, but great big thx to people who did turn up, they deserved every rp they got, we gave a good fight :bazbeer:

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I don’t give a rats arse about defending anymore. With 4-6 unclaimed towers 24/7 there is no point. I have been fixing walls on keeps for 3 days and only had 1-2 ppl stay there with me. Every time to see albs/hibs hitting them again from their towers with trebs. Towers that wasn't claimed when I left the 100% repaired keeps.
So off with the "summon wood" and the /repair from the Q-bar and out farming when ever we can port around.
So have fun defending and plz stop whining about ppl not showing up.

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
a lot better to play vs 45 mids then 200 mids with like 30 hibs only :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
this realm is not an attractive realm any more and has not been since toa. You got zerged by your own and pwned by your own (sad to say even as a mid but very true) and the irony is most of those peeps that pwned you in toa left >.< - hardly leaves any inspiration to go out and defend if the same attitude is presented to you as you leave svasud either, so you all got what you deserve. Mid has a bad attitude problem and has had for a very long time even though there are a few of you nice peeps left here. Mid needs to change before it can make things better and catacombs afaik is not enough of a change tbh

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
this realm is not an attractive realm any more and has not been since toa. You got zerged by your own and pwned by your own (sad to say even as a mid but very true) and the irony is most of those peeps that pwned you in toa left >.< - hardly leaves any inspiration to go out and defend if the same attitude is presented to you as you leave svasud either, so you all got what you deserve. Mid has a bad attitude problem and has had for a very long time even though there are a few of you nice peeps left here. Mid needs to change before it can make things better and catacombs afaik is not enough of a change tbh

I couldn't agree more.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
our fg had to log. not like it matters though, is more fun when sum1 got a keep with full towerts in a enemy realm. and fun is _all_ that counts.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I had a great time yesterday, didnt make a horrendous amount of RPs for my likkle hunter, but had great fun. Most of my guild m8s turned out, and we all enjoyed ourselves including a non-ToA'd, ML'd or SC'd level 46 hunter (new to the game 6 weeks ago!!) in his rog'n'epic gear. He saw things with new eyes and had a thouroughly great time getting wtf pwnd and owning RR57 and ML92 toons with all their bling (saw at least 4 death messages from him!).

So bollox to anyone who says NF is shite, they cant compete without uber MLs/Artis/SC/RAs. You must be crap at playing your toon!:wanker:

I agree with the greedehmid attitude, there were little or no nodes placed around towers, heal fonts were poorly set and few while FOPs were everywhere. No one except a small few carried trebs or rams (sorry, I couldnt with only 187 str, but i did bring ammo and wood).

I think my group was full most of the time, I invited anyone crying LFG in the BG, and didnt wait for an FOTM char like most do, so we were without a healer and shammy.
Mids are also dumb enough to walk solo through the frontiers, so heres a few lessons I think I have seen the hibs and albs have learnt a while ago:

1. Archers - Assist eachother, 5 archers on 1 target = dead target, if someone should "Whos main archer assist" frikken answer them or make someone the main man!

2. Make seige behind the towers, trebs and catas are a must!

3. Move from main keeps IN GROUPS! If you spot a solo player trying to get across a bridge solo, for christ sake help the poor chap! Safety in numbers!

4. This isnt marioworld, you can move in 3 dimensions, so watching the rear of a keep is a good idea!

5. Group up, with anyone, fill your group with whatever you can find, again safety for ALL not just you! Many people dont bother RvRing because mids are too selfish to group, get over it.

Im no RvR expert, far from it, in fact I prefer PvE, but it does seem that its "each man for his own" in Midgard.

As for unclaimed towers, perhaps its time we looked at the guilds in the alliance who cba, and thought about retiring them in favour of guilds who can. And also the guilds who drop mid towers in favour of enemy ones should think about looking after your own back yard before seeing if the grass is greener.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
So bollox to anyone who says NF is shite, they cant compete without uber MLs/Artis/SC/RAs. You must be crap at playing your toon!

rofl , so because this m8 of yours had this wonderful experienced with his hunter in rvr nobody should be able to complain about not being able to enjoy NF? He is a hunter fgs, can stand and shoot/leech from a tower/keep. Not like he is some tank that cant do anything until gate or something is down. Some enjoy NF some hate it , dont have to be crap at playing for char for that matter.

Guess your point was you can still have fun in rvr , not fully toa'ed , high rr with lots of über artifacts and mls .. well yes but its very limited.

Mids are also dumb enough to walk solo through the frontiers, so heres a few lessons I think I have seen the hibs and albs have learnt a while ago:

you are dumb enough to not see that people cba inviting others to grp? maybe you did , many others didnt causing people trying to get their on their own but ofc , such dumbasses even bothering.

Redfern

Fledgling Freddie
Many things could be better in the matter of co-operating in the frontier. BG's are most often not made untill things have gone out of hand. We still suffer from the Ardamel syndrome (Noone take lead of defense because noone listen to others than Ard.). Many guilds thinks they need 100k bp's in reserve before claiming a tower. Noone want to spent money reparing damaged keeps - that I can understand - personally I have spent 10p since NF release, on reparing keeps - money that take a long time replacing, for me at least. We more or less ignore the lame ass hibs when they take a T1 or T2 and start making holes in the keepwalls. We dont react untill they are on inner doors. Why dont we ever payback that lame ass tactics ? - let them spend some hard earned money too. When we have lost a keep and try to organise retake, there is alway 1 or 2 fg mids who prefer not taking part on this , but rather roaming the area nearby for solo enemies getting there.
I'd like to suggest that within each guild we try to make specialized grps for defense/retake - grp's that know eachother and can react swift. We have many very good sb's in our realm. I dont think that any guild can make fg sb's - but those sb's who is always in RvR, could make a very effective grp. I think that one good group of sb's taking controll of the walls on a retake would be half the victory. By the way - why are ppl alway so cheap when it comes to making npc's on the walls when defending a keep ? - last saturday when hibs tried to take Nott they rushed into the yard and got control of it - Me and one other stealther made npc's on all hookpoints , and I'm pretty sure that was the turning point that defeated the hibs there. That was expesive however , for only 2 ppl to buy all those npc's - I'm not asking ppl to make more than 1 or 2 - if we all do this, it is easy and we get a much better chance of all being alive after they zerg.

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Whoodoo for the best post I read in months.

I do have to say that fully TOA'd and SCed equipment help alot, but that dont make it possible to have a lot of fun with out it.

And I really hope that more people will follow your advice and invite people LFG. I myself had more or less given up RvR since I get tired of never finding any groups regardless of what toon I was using.
I think more people should play for the fun of it, not to get as many rps as possible in a short time as possible with uber opted groups that get mega ganked by the alb zerg anyway.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
rofl , so because this m8 of yours had this wonderful experienced with his hunter in rvr nobody should be able to complain about not being able to enjoy NF? He is a hunter fgs, can stand and shoot/leech from a tower/keep. Not like he is some tank that cant do anything until gate or something is down. Some enjoy NF some hate it , dont have to be crap at playing for char for that matter.
Funny, my zerker freind (in my grp) the warrior (in my grp) and other tanks seemed to be having fun, as did the couple of bards and heaven forbid omg no a polearmsman who i had the pleasure of engaging with.

Guess your point was you can still have fun in rvr , not fully toa'ed , high rr with lots of über artifacts and mls .. well yes but its very limited.
Plop. I can name half a dozen people without full TOA and MP capped to hell and back setups, who still thrive in RvR, the only limits are your imagination and being sociable enough to group. Its not what you know....

you are dumb enough to not see that people cba inviting others to grp? maybe you did , many others didnt causing people trying to get their on their own but ofc , such dumbasses even bothering.
There were so many double negatives in there I couldnt understand what you were trying to say, and even bablefish crashed when I put it in. Type slowly, it helps.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
JackHeart said:
I think more people should play for the fun of it, not to get as many rps as possible in a short time as possible with uber opted groups that get mega ganked by the alb zerg anyway.
That oddly enough summs up RD as far as RvR goes.

We come, we get conquered, we laff our socks off on teamspeak.

Calo

Part of the furniture
So bollox to anyone who says NF is shite, they cant compete without uber MLs/Artis/SC/RAs. You must be crap at playing your toon!

Thats BS.
Im not the biggest fan of NF altho there are nice fg fights but The keep/tower is just crap. And thats not because i cant compete without toa, its because i just dont like keepfights so im not the one who's gonna rush to a keep because its under attack. basicly, I never go to keeps unless its with a fg roaming and we need to escape from the alb zerg. Or it must be a CTA but even then i try to evade keepfights.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
There were so many double negatives in there I couldnt understand what you were trying to say, and even bablefish crashed when I put it in. Type slowly, it helps.

their = there. If you dont understand the rest you might want to try read it again instead of trying to figure out some smartass remarks to reply with.

I'm not a native english speaker so please >.<

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
5. Group up, with anyone, fill your group with whatever you can find, again safety for ALL not just you! Many people dont bother RvRing because mids are too selfish to group, get over it.

well i got to admit i don't really group much, but for my and prolly many other shamans arounds defense, it sucks grouping with ppl whining as soon as they die while youre mezzed and couldnt do anything, or ppl nagging you to buff em while youre busy keeping folks alive / rezzing ppl while getting back to safety.

Or the classic "s/c d/q". I mean come on, I switch gear so i get 25% buff effectiveness for the sake of fluffing ppl up as good as i can, at the very least gimme a "s/c d/q please" and ill be more than happy to fluff you up a bit

Compared to that I prefer solo, at least i dont have to take any shit when I do, and for once concentrate on doing what shamans do best: being a royal pain in the ass for albs/hibs :)

edit: ugh, hope you can bare with my grammar

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Well, some times that work, but its often suicide w/o CC or heals.
To many times I 've been mezzed and just have to stand there waiting
for the assist-train when running in grps with no healer(s).

I _prefer_ going in grp, but it has to got healers, anyways when playing
suicide-style-PBAOE-SM-highlander-polarm-pointed-at-me-
give-AE-stun-pls? :p

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
I think that one good group of sb's taking controll of the walls on a retake would be half the victory.

hello assasins npc and PNs...

By the way - why are ppl alway so cheap when it comes to making npc's on the walls when defending a keep ?

dunno tbh.

or ppl doesnt realise that it is possible to pay with personal bounty points. i own like 140k of them...enough to outfit a lot of keeps...

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
People are so Negative when it comes to NF.... :(

You have a Bad time and treat it like the end of the world

I had a bad time when NF was released, even tho I did pre-play on Gorre, I thought it was crap for a few days, but now its fun.

Whoodoo is right in every way, I dunno why you guys quote him and turn it around to be such a bad thing...
He is only metioning the truth :eek6:

(yes I will probably get whined at for sticking up for my guild freind, But I really dont give a $hit, I think he's correct in what he says)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
There is no right or wrong in thinking something about an expansion. Mentioning the truth ? The truth is that he thinks NF is a good expansion and others dont ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom