A sad day...

T

the_smurflord

Gwendel, the oldest infil on the server (that's not been sold or deleted) was deleted last night.

On the up side, I look forward to killing Gwendel the Hunter very soon.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Gwendel, the oldest infil on the server.

I´m quite sure Indiana wants to have a fight over that statement, might remember wrong though

O

old.Bubble

doh :(

gunna miss you gwen (And totaly murder you next time i see you in emain :p)

T

the_smurflord

Re: Re: A sad day...

Originally posted by Addlcove
I´m quite sure Indiana wants to have a fight over that statement, might remember wrong though

Gwendel was the 4th infil to lvl 50 behind artemis, derric and one other I can't remember (also a sotl bod).

C

cHodAX

Damn good inf and person, shame to see him turn to the dark side :(

A

Addlcove

Re: Re: Re: A sad day...

Gwendel was the 4th infil to lvl 50 behind artemis, derric and one other I can't remember (also a sotl bod).

making it to 50 first won´t make her the oldest though ;)

O

[Oo]Escape

Will she have a female avatar this time? :p

M

maxgirth

Re: Re: Re: A sad day...

Was it Jadow?

S

SoulFly Amarok

NEVER DELETE CHARACTERS FGS, BUY A NEW ACCOUNT!!!

</capslock>

H

hangianix

Re: Re: Re: Re: A sad day...

Originally posted by maxgirth
Was it Jadow?
Doubt it, I was xping with Jadow in Barrows.

G

Garaen

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

</capslock>

Agree, Gwen you nooblet i told you not to delete! I hope you don't regret it. :<

R

Roo Stercogburn

Bad news for Albion indeed. He seems like a nice chap who comes highly reccomended.

Looking forward to some deathspam in time :)

R

Roalith

I think Konin was actually the 4th or 5th infil to 40 on Pryd. Guy playing him abandoned him and rolled a pally, and has only recently actually levelled him to 50 and specced him decently :p

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Looking forward to some deathspam in time :)

Gwendel was just killed by Visit.

(at least while he's grey con :p)

O

old.camillo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A sad day...

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Camillo

/hug Matt

Statistics: :)

Arte & me dinged to 50 within 1 week (april/may ´02), Gwendel followed a few weeks later, he´s always been a nice & friendly guy (goes for 99% of those old infils, since no leet-kid wanted to play a gimped 2.0-spec stealther during those times).

Those utterly gimped inf xp-groups (pygmys!) were the best fun I had in Daoc. :)

T

the_smurflord

The "old crew" of infils just seemed to have a much more mature attitude and seemed to be more interested in enjoying themselves than trying to own (I hate that word) everyone. While there are still some like that, it's a shame their number is so few these days.

S

Shike

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

</capslock>

hihi I actually agree. After deletion of a few 50's I regret it alittle tbh :)
Not that it _really_ matters though.

I

Indiana Jones

well, maybe i'm wrong, thats why there is a ? in ma signature :)

Indiana was created on day 1 on daoc europe. I started lvling together with great infils like camillo (who used to be Phoenix Legion before he joined sotl), Artemis, Jupitus,...

Sure, i wasn't the fastest leveling infil on albion (neither was Jupitus)
I'm pretty sure i was among the first infils in albion but i'm still active today

One of my earliest RvR experiences was the day that wall climb was introduced (yes, there was a time infils couldn't do that). I was in a infil grp together with camillo, Artemis, Vestax, Nadiya and a "newbie" infil called Derric. With newbie i mean low lvl. Derric was green to me at that time, but as time went by he surpassed me.
So Indiana might not be among the first lvl 50 infils, I am afaik the oldest active one. And its still the original one, no trading or selling

and thing that still surprises me, in all that time I have been playing Indiana, i never got a msg from CRS to tell me my name was a violation of the CoC :)

O

old.Downanael

Welcome to Mid,hope you enjoy your stay :)

D

Derric

Why does everyone keep calling Gwendel "she"? Is it something he hasn't told us? :p

<hands some Bailey's to Camillo>

C

cHodAX

The "old crew" of infils just seemed to have a much more mature attitude and seemed to be more interested in enjoying themselves than trying to own (I hate that word) everyone. While there are still some like that, it's a shame their number is so few these days.

Tottally agree, twas a pleasure to group with many of the old school infils. Lakarell was my favourite, could always have a giggle with that silly sod :)

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Derric
Why does everyone keep calling Gwendel "she"? Is it something he hasn't told us? :p

<hands some Bailey's to Camillo>

I've seen photos of Gwendel, given the amount of tattoos and his knuckles scraping the ground behind him, definately not a she (unless a really rough one).

<wants Bailey's too>

O

[Oo]Escape

The "old crew" of infils just seemed to have a much more mature attitude and seemed to be more interested in enjoying themselves than trying to own (I hate that word) everyone.

Gimped 2.0 spec or not, early assassins had the best time in RvR one-shotting stuff and staying stealthed. Going from that level of 'ownage' to what infils have become today would put anyone off. It's not just infils but alot of the early SBs stopped playing soon after losing IP and the numerous nerfs since then. Even fully buffed, the class isn't as fun as it used to be.

iirc Tyler was one of the first infs to lv40, I don't recall if anyone was ahead of him... but at that point he went back to the US servers or something :/

Users who are viewing this thread