A real character...

trull

Fledgling Freddie
It all kinda depends on what you want with your class.. You want to get into a nice guild then make a group friendly support char (cleric/shaman/healer/druid)

if you want to solo, stealthers, bds, theurgs, chanters are all fotm and can kill most of the other classes solo..

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Made up my mind... Going to make a Mincer oO just because I hate skalds :/ played with a friends one a while ago... cant solo crap ,r I was just pressing wrong buttons. :eek6:

Anyway, I'll have no probs lvling my mincer from 20... :D :touch:

oO where the hell has the :twak: emotion gone?

PS: I know the image lol.. just not showing up on smiley section.

Atheistic Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
What about half the realm who are BDs who dont RvR? :p ever heard of Bone Army specc..? Insane... and Dark BDs (if played right) are mad :D
I have never in my life ever met a BA or Darkness BD on Camlann. :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Atheistic Archon said:
I have never in my life ever met a BA or Darkness BD on Camlann. :p

i have. a friend was playing one .. full BA, he put the pets on a supp BD and ran for his life :D killed most of them that way

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
And dark BDs kick ass too! remaking mine now, gonna wtfpwn me some @$$. :)

Overdriven

Cause hell in Prydwens RvR section and make a point in this one :D
Day is complete.

voskos

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
make a minstrel. i wish i had.

you kidding right? :p minstrels are getting heavily nerfed in frontiers... we lose ap ip ... am doesnt affect caster ... our rr5 ability is crap.
Skalds lose ap ip too but they get FH sos am uber rr5 ability(25% group power heal). I wish i was a skald and not a minstrel :|

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
sure, you're a bit better off RA-wise after frontiers, but you have better RAs atm. Also, you have stealth and ae-mezz (i know its crap but you still have it, i have 1 mezz on 30s timer, if it resists.. i die)

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Aye mincers are nice but skalds hit so much harder :worthy:

Overdriven

I wanna play DAoC! I want to get my necro to 50 then get my mincer to 50 :D

3 Days till DAoC!

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I have played both classes till a certain level and really, skald > minstrel if you look at it from the fun-factor...Skald is so much more fun to play, and just the fact that Troll > all makes it a lot more fun to play a skald ;)

B

Ballad

Got to say several comments here.

I'v never met a darkness bd but had some fights with bonearmy ones. Generally speaking they can't match a suppression bd due to the following reasons:
- they die faster (no lifetap and to be successful they can't have 2 healers up at the same time)
- they are more vulnerable to CC (mez the commander and they are dead)

Having said that they are a nasty and working spec but i wouldn't roll one... well i wouldn't roll a bd at all. :p

Now to the skald - mincer question.

Skalds are an awesome class if you know how to play one. Pre 50 any self respecting skald wins an evencon mincer in a duel. At 50 things are a bit different though. Mincers got the 70 damage absorb chant, good RA's, viable stealth and some neat styles (if specced right) but skalds are still stuck with the single target mez, snare, slow 2-hander (making them very vulnerable to strafe and pbt), crappy damage add and the basic, expensive RA's. And to Voskos, that new RA chart is not carved in the stone so mincers aren't nerfed yet (doubt they ever will).

To sum up Skald is a good class and fun to play but in the long run mincers are better, sad but true. Personally I was unwilling to believe this but after our mascot-mincer (/slap Zephyrex) oneshot my 46 champ I had to face the truth. Mincer has all what you want from a class: speed, damage, group friendliness, CC, stealth and the ability to solo. :m00:

Sinned

Fledgling Freddie
/shames himself from not remembering ballad's champion name from the forums

but i didn't 1 shot you :E dd + mezz then stun dd and hit

about minstrel vs skald
a good skald vs a good minstrel is pretty much an even fight imo, cause minstrels get ablative to nerf 2h dmg, and skalds have body chant to nerf shout damage.

though sos is a major advantage of taking a minstrel in a group but other then that it doesn't matter much allthough demezz is very handy

B

Ballad

Sinned said:
/shames himself from not remembering ballad's champion name from the forums
:rolleyes:

Sinned said:
but i didn't 1 shot you :E dd + mezz then stun dd and hit
You popped out of stealth and one second later I was biting dust. I call that 1 shot :p

Sinned said:
about minstrel vs skald
a good skald vs a good minstrel is pretty much an even fight imo, cause minstrels get ablative to nerf 2h dmg, and skalds have body chant to nerf shout damage.
I don't think many skalds remember to use their resist chants... and not using the damage add vs a mincer is a bad idea. Let's say the damage add brings 60 extra damage, mincers ablative absorbs 70, the skald would lose only 10 damage...

Sinned said:
though sos is a major advantage of taking a minstrel in a group but other then that it doesn't matter much allthough demezz is very handy
Speed, demez, ablative, powersong, ae mez, mez > speed, damage add, mez

ps: rofl @ your signature ;)

trull

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Speed, demez, ablative, powersong, ae mez, mez > speed, damage add

damage add? :eek7:

skald vs mincer is even fight if mincer start from stealth with dd dd mezz.. Dueled against zylina in our guild and won half of the fights.. same rr and both with 6 relics

Sinned use thrust so no duel against him ^^

trull

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Sinned said:
Originally Posted by Sinned
Speed, demez, ablative, powersong, ae mez, mez > speed, damage add, mez

:eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom