A real character...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Been thinking about what you said Ballad... "Make a real char"
Anyone want to tell me what they concider a real character and the pros/cons of the char? ^_^

6 days till im back on DAoC!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i consider anything but a necro and BD a real character.

my choices would prolly be ..

NS (stealth, melee damage etc, pro is you dont get owned by grey zergs everywhere. i choose ns cuz i dont want an infil and dont want a sb either)

mincer (great utility, great in normal groups. at lower levels you will get zerged by greys cuz you cant spec stealth before 40 etc and not gimp your melee/spells)

dark SM (lifetap, uber intercept pet. can own purples easy from range due to nice damage from the lifetap. at higher RR i would say even better survivability than a BD .. if you got some skills :))

Overdriven

Do mincers auto train in anything? Cause I want to know if I have to start from lvl 1 :D >/lev command is fast, but auto is worth more<

Overdriven

Grrr >.< no edit button.... Just found out that Instruments auto train tilll 48 :/

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
At one time they could auto in instruments at least...not sure anymore as not my class.
If you want fun - try a friar.

B

Ballad

Just like fl3a said, necros aren't real chars (just machines that make your life a lot easier) and bds are just plain stupid. The current camlann FotM list (BD's not included) is:

- Infiltrator, just because they get 2.5x points instead of 2.2 what other stealthers get. The difference between them and other stealthers is minimal though so pick the one you find the most interesting (personally i'd go for a crit specced frostalf sb but that's just me).

- Minstrel. Speed... stealth... ablative... crowd control... dd's... weapon spec... they are really versatile, but only after level 40 so you can feel rather gimped earlier in your career.

- Friar. One evil class. Buffs, end regen and a walking stick makes a deadly combo. They're also good soloers in pve. Too bad they're too FotM to play.

- Chanter. They're nasty in solo pvp but i don't find them fun to play. If you want to be a pet class, roll a spiritmaster IMO.

But if you want to be individual (as you should) try a reaver / champion / skald / cave shaman / mercenary / warrior / warden / nightshade / sm / cabalist / bolter / ranger.

But after all it's only up to you :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Avoid making a bonedancer :p They get greykilled and all that. You can make a druid aswell, nice if you want some xp groups after 25ish. and they have some solo potential (better then cleric or healer anyway).

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
Well,

After a week solid play on camlann (me and the missus) heres my conclusion:

rolled a palla / friar got to lvl 23 as we wanted group friendly chars that could hold there own but got constantly grey / green ganked even in underpopulated areas. armor / weaps went blue, green to us, could bearly farm oranges to get money in DF, couldent get transfer from main server had about 10 con left and 2 gold.

/delete Y E S , rolled 2 mincers to try and avoid being ganked with speed / stealth, didnt work, seemed worse than the pala / friar combo, got ganked by everything and everyone.

3rd time, after refusing to roll a BD - we took the duo necro route. in about 1 week /played (we play a lot lol) we managed level 25, full con and 44 gold - with DF staffs!!! :clap:

i'd loved to have joined this server at an earlier stange in its life and roll a "proper" class, but realisticly, we found this near impossible. plan for now is to xp the necros asap just to pl the proper clases and kit the out with crafted stuff when we're done.

ps: still looking for a mid/pryd transfer :p

B

Ballad

Boomeruk has the point. If you are new to the server the best idea is to roll a necro and farm some money. Still i'm sure that no one plays a necro as their main char so it's hard to call them a proper class :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Skald is a great fun class to play if you know the places where you can pick up solo fights and you can avoid fights with your insta mezz->speed combo...I lvled to lvl 29 easily, farmed some money with chanter->healer combo first tho and also farmed some starting equipment at a camp in mid SI that drop nice lvl 22~ish skald/healer chain. I have almost full DF Emerald equipment now and around 60 gold, also bought some nice lvl 48-50 jewelryu from consigment merchant and got a crafted 97% sword with dd proc :) but I'm not playing anymore...

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Ballad said:
Boomeruk has the point. If you are new to the server the best idea is to roll a necro and farm some money. Still i'm sure that no one plays a necro as their main char so it's hard to call them a proper class :p

Well if you know how to play yout necro, you can be rather succesfull in RvR..

I was once the 5th highest RR necro on prydwen, during the most bugged necro time :)

Combine the Abomi, debuffs, lifetap and a good player, and you have a good PvP char.. but thats what i think, many might disagree :)
And they can be good for groups if the necro knows what he/she is doing.. the AF debuff can be realy usefull :)

B

Ballad

But is a character that looks like a floating sheet and needs no equipment fun to play? I don't think so...

Overdriven

Okay :pI wont play a Skald due to that ive seen LOADS... Wont play a BD because I have one already (Same with Shaman) WONT play infill,SB,NS...

Guess its down to:

NS - First ever hib class I could play... has cool glowy thing when attacks.

Dark SM - Because of the duels between me and Nelex I know their potential so they seem cool (Kobolds 4tehwin)

Minstrel - Basically a skald with Stealth and CCs... I can powerlvl it most of the way since I have 2 accounts with lvl50s and know my 50 specc would be: 50/31/29.

Thing is.. Going to need to get some cash which i should hopefully get while taking my farming-bot to 50 (necro)

Ill check the Catacombs forums to see what other classses can do... Cheers for help all

:touch: Boom, d00d... Reply to PMs if its you :twak:

PS: how many posts till you become regular?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I have never lost to a yellow con minstrel, fought several orange con ones and lost just 1 (with my skald) so imo skald with 2 handed, damage add, better weaponskill, insta mezz, no instruments > Minstrel (at lower lvls that is)

Xplo

Banned
I made a friar, lvl 25 atm...
If you have sc and know how to play a melee char, well then you have a killer class :>
Btw... got a lvl 30 skald to 40% hp today after he attacked me first, I was lvl 24 at that time. He had SC weapons and df armour and I had mostly start equip on :>

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Thegreatest said:
I have never lost to a yellow con minstrel, fought several orange con ones and lost just 1 (with my skald) so imo skald with 2 handed, damage add, better weaponskill, insta mezz, no instruments > Minstrel (at lower lvls that is)

at lower levels mincers dont have as high weapon spec as they can have at high level, their stun lasts less, their ablative chant absorbs less (if he even had it when you fought him).

crazykobby

Fledgling Freddie
funny how no one complains about Animists as being lame in the same way they do about BD's...

Overdriven

Animists are funky lol oO Army of Pet :D Played one with a mate for fun... Were wiping out purp con BDs :D Overpoweredness

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
but at least with Animists its stratigical (sry for spelling) positioning, at the end of a portal in TOA for example, that must have taken hours of calculations.

and Animists aint just 1 button :p

B

Ballad

Overdriven said:
WONT play infill,SB,NS...

Guess its down to:

NS - First ever hib class I could play... has cool glowy thing when attacks.
:eek7:

Overdriven

Not sure if its a buff or something lol... oO

Atheistic Archon

Fledgling Freddie
crazykobby said:
funny how no one complains about Animists as being lame in the same way they do about BD's...
Not all Animists are Creeping spec as opposed to Bonedancers which pretty much all are Suppression.

Overdriven

Atheistic Archon said:
Not all Animists are Creeping spec as opposed to Bonedancers which pretty much all are Suppression.

What about half the realm who are BDs who dont RvR? :p ever heard of Bone Army specc..? Insane... and Dark BDs (if played right) are mad :D

pichal

Fledgling Freddie
Make a Cleric dude:)

Make a rej cleric so u get instas later u spech in Enchant for buffs and resist,
u can solo everything (only Bd's, Pala's,50'Shield and Healers) With ur 2instas insta mezz and Bof U Kill like hell (1Vs1) u lvl fast, u get ALOT groups.
Try to get Bof as soon as u can, i had it on lvl24 and killed everyone :D

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven, I think you might be thinking of Blademasters, they got an ability that spawns a glowing green sword (makes them do 1/2 extra dmg or smth I think). That i know of, the NS dont have any glowing thing, they got some spells... but they are dark blue/black, anyway roll either NS or BM they are both cool non fotm classes =D

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
pichal, wanna duel ur cleric vs my frior? shes only 47 but can still whoop ya :clap:

solo cleric is a dream ;)

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Have to say, Shammys are very nasty, a blue to me shammy and a green mincer killed Kirela and me (50 and 47 friar)

the insta snare poison is the most annoying thing EVER! apart from insta lifetap and Theurgs pets :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom