A Question for Midgard

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Is it worth re-subscribing to DAoC, i used to play this crazy old game and stopped playing about 6 months ago after some problems with my account. I would be starting from scratch with nothing but an empty account. So I was wondering whats the old lands like these days, still cold and snowy? Are there still the guilds of old charging around, all the old faces. And what about leveling, when i left it was impossible to level without a buffbot, groups were few and far between especially at the lower end of things and with only one account i'd be stuck soloing, oh and incase you didnt spot it already i was Aphex the hunter and Fex the Shaman.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
the buffbot part got worse ;)
about the guilds, ofc a few new 1s here and there but there are still some old guilds active

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Well its not the game it used to be. But its still fun.

Don't except the game you played a year ago, though...

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Any reasons for that, what changed ect ?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Its just, I remember when everyone knew everyone, people had a laugh. We'd go off to raids quoting Monty Python and stuff. If we died we'd laugh. This is quite rare nowadays. With the introduction of new drops and new dungeons and regions there are no longer groups in Vanern, Raumarik and stuff. People used to argue over who got the WoW shield and stuff. I don't know, it just seemed much more fun before SI, Spellcrafting, and before everyone got so RP hungry.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I'm making more comebacks than flares

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
Its just, I remember when everyone knew everyone, people had a laugh. We'd go off to raids quoting Monty Python and stuff. If we died we'd laugh. This is quite rare nowadays. With the introduction of new drops and new dungeons and regions there are no longer groups in Vanern, Raumarik and stuff. People used to argue over who got the WoW shield and stuff. I don't know, it just seemed much more fun before SI, Spellcrafting, and before everyone got so RP hungry.

Agree.

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Aphex,

I have to agree with Mobius too, but then I am a BG whore most of the time now. Maybe we are all getting old and nostalgic for days gone by. I still enjoy the game but mainly because I had a 5 month break and play in Thid the majority of the time now aways :D btw Hunters in Thid are alot of fun.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Here's a funny thing. Maybe I never noticed it getting any harder to level as I've never had much of a problem getting groups apart from with my original SM. Had a brief problem mid-20s with healer but that was about it.

Even a long time ago, you still had to have a lot of patience getting groups as they don't come running up to you begging for you to join them. It takes patience, a lot of humour and the ability to smile when you've been turned down for the 10th time in a row.

What has happened is that people have less patience because they see people running off with bots and blame them solely for not being able to get a group. There is some truth in this, but its not the whole picture. If you put the time into finding a bunch of people that you can level with you will still level at a reasonable rate, its just the in-game culture accepts fast-tracking with bots now. Most bot-users agree though they prefer groups, though have zero time for people that don't know what they are doing. I have a slight problem with this attitude as we all learn at some point. Or in my case I don't learn, I've always been a noob :D

The next patch brings new content for SI and changes to a few things, item and content-wise, and soon there is ToA. If you are coming back, its the right time as you have time to get a char to a reasonable level to enjoy ToA before it arrives. Don't let the doom-and-gloomers bother you, ToA will rock.

Regarding hunt areas, if you are willing to explore or know all the areas on mainland Mid, there are lots of uncamped places to go because there is so much variety now. The high level dungeons in SI are great, both xp and dropwise, when you get to them.

Welcome back, if you decide to sign up :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
buffbott problem, in my experience, more come up after malmo went dead in summer.
40+ was/is pure pain to solo, these days when malmo is actively up again those who are out bott, and even those whit bott goes there.

memories is allways looking alott better what truth was old days.
there is still xp groups in raumarik time by time, just there isnt anymore xp spot, notice one day example trees near entrance is gone, only 1-2 tree up.

we had alott guildhunts in vanern but after loose one key person to do succesful, dont been lately but gona keep in mind copple spots there.

drops in classic side + dungeons is pure crap comparing SI.
next patch is changing alott item stats classic side :)

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
if i had stopped playing the game for that long theres no way in hell i would even consider comin back, especially if i started from scratch again :eek:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
heh if you do start playing again gimme a shout ill make you some armour+bow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom