A question and a tip for all you bards

T

Tank Init

aoe disease + insta aoe str/con debuff > aoe mezz

B

Begach

Originally posted by Cheesehound
uh, whys that? since i havent played a bard yet seen how they ae-mezz, turn on end-regen and then farm rps? no?.

HAHA nice one. We have a winner. Cheesehound for the new Bard TL!!!

OR

OMFG everyone look at the retard!!!

Your choise!

B.

N

-Nuked-

i feel sorry for him really :( no 1 has looked that much of a tit since me :eek:

N

Noche

Playing as sole seer (being a healer) inside a mid fg is as hard as playing as sole naturalist (being a bard) inside a hib fg, but tbh healers got it MUCH easier to mez then bards, insta + castable, never fails :/

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Arnor
Why in gods name do you bother? bard is the most frustrating class to play in daoc, bar none.

Bard is well fun :) You have to work hard, but you lead the group, make the calls most of the time, better than /sticking to someone else in the *hope* they have a clue where togo and how to mezz.

I dont enjoy playing with randoms with my bard, cause of the all the ffs heal,rez,mezz,buff etc... .

Solo bard is great fun, I solo with my bard when im drunk, but she is group specced and a good mezz and /kiss is about as dangerous as she gets :D

O

old.Tzeentch

bard is so easy for me now =/

i am trying to play my hero in rvr.. LOL im totally useless :p

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by adari
bard = fun

agreed. well, didnt play one for more then 1 day, but it was a blast :). (was a 47 bard btw)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by sharon_corr

What bards need is LOVE, not whine!

:)

those 2 thinges goes hand in hand. can't get the 1st without the 2nd ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
bard is so easy for me now =/

i am trying to play my hero in rvr.. LOL im totally useless :p

I bet you don't have a to hard time getting RPs tho ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Jergiot
agreed. well, didnt play one for more then 1 day, but it was a blast :). (was a 47 bard btw)

the speed and mezzing was fun, then it only became boring and frustrating in my experience. tanks on you, get end running sprint around like a nutter etc while not being able to do ANY other jobs cept some heals.

btw, where is cheesehound, i want him to pwn himself some more now :p

D

Divinia

Why in gods name do you bother? bard is the most frustrating class to play in daoc, bar none.

tip: dont ever, EVER play a pac-healer, EVER! youll break down into a sulking excuse for a human being after 5mins playing your bard after that :puke:

GIF BARDS LOVVE! (additional cctype, remove bullseye, give end-chant to hero or warden and let them twist pbt&end :p )

hmm, did i hear this before?

must have been in a 7 month old TL report....

And bard is the only fun class in daoc :)

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Gahldir
i did and i didn't like it. so i let ppl who enjoys it play it instead. :)

memememememe! on weekends :(

A

ammobors

rewards of playing a Bard are gr8 as my bard is on a server where theres a lack of them. so uber love for moi :) just get used to running round in circles in rvr dont let em target yer hehe :)

W

wuntvor

I dont enjoy playing with randoms with my bard, cause of the all the ffs heal,rez,mezz,buff etc... .

Too right, gotta love that random tank who goes :

"MEZZ"............"FFS PLAY END"........"OMFG HEAL....NOOOB BARD"

While all the time they are randomly running round hitting anything they see other than the purged Hamsters who's lifes mission just became "Rip the arms of the one desperatly hammering on that drum" ;p

M

Moody

Try playing a Cleric in Albion in random pickup groups.

- 8 spots in a group, so you can be certain your group will run in 7 different directions as soon as an enemy is spotted, yet everyone expects the cleric to be right behind him.
- You are expected to heal a flock of Albs sticking the MoC-ing mana chanter who does 400+ damage every 1.5 seconds while my best heal is a single target 686 heal every 3 seconds (If I use that 4 times I'm oom) or a spread heal for 500 ish also around 3 seconds.
- You're mezzed, slammed or just being interrupted by a few hamsters or a giant Firbolg. Random Alb tank: "HEAL ME"
- You just died for your realm: Random Alb tank: FFS MY BUFFS DROPPED!! (Yes this one actually happened)

Your only defense is wearing chain, I have 3 in smite to have huge heals, full 100% rezz and good buffs, of course without a friar or a second cleric there is no way i can buff everyone due to the insane conc cost on high spec buffs and the hardcap of 20 buffs. My 9 seconds pbaoe mezz isnt even on my quickbar since it does jack all and is on a brutal timer. You get interrupted by a grey con tree spirit or any other pet.

There are a lot of Clerics when you are levelling up, but few continue to play in RvR when they're 50. It's also the no deathspam thing. People like to pwn other people.

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Moody

- 8 spots in a group, so you can be certain your group will run in 7 different directions as soon as an enemy is spotted, yet everyone expects the cleric to be right behind him.
- You are expected to heal a flock of Albs sticking the MoC-ing mana chanter who does 400+ damage every 1.5 seconds while my best heal is a single target 686 heal every 3 seconds (If I use that 4 times I'm oom) or a spread heal for 500 ish also around 3 seconds.
- You're mezzed, slammed or just being interrupted by a few hamsters or a giant Firbolg. Random Alb tank: "HEAL ME"
- You just died for your realm: Random Alb tank: FFS MY BUFFS DROPPED!! (Yes this one actually happened)

Your only defense is wearing chain, I have 3 in smite to have huge heals, full 100% rezz and good buffs, of course without a friar or a second cleric there is no way i can buff everyone due to the insane conc cost on high spec buffs and the hardcap of 20 buffs. My 9 seconds pbaoe mezz isnt even on my quickbar since it does jack all and is on a brutal timer. You get interrupted by a grey con tree spirit or any other pet.

There are a lot of Clerics when you are levelling up, but few continue to play in RvR when they're 50. It's also the no deathspam thing. People like to pwn other people.

Hmm, Join a RVR-guild with intentions of 1fg running. Afaik alb rvr-concentrated guilds dont say no to a g00d healing cleric? :)

dont stops the fact that random grps can suck ass, but later on the days you got a choise atleast :)

O

old.Laryssa

spread heal ?

M

Moody

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
spread heal ?

I use a combination :) As spamming spread heal isn't very skillfull nor mana efficient. Spread heal is a blessing, but it isn't the solution for everything :) In a keep defense/take with all your people scattered around and out of sight, it is very, very good.

O

old.Laryssa

i mainly use spread heal if i see my grp scatters in a fight - only way to get them if multiply targets get hit hard.

A

anno_dk

Bard ownz0r :p i'm out of practice atm tho, but i enjoy being the one who can make a difference in rvr battle, ofc it's a grp performance but if bard is bad and do no mezzes and no end the chances of winning the fight is also rather low i'd say. And ofc i get spd

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by wuntvor
Too right, gotta love that random tank who goes :

"MEZZ"............"FFS PLAY END"........"OMFG HEAL....NOOOB BARD"

Simple solution to these, you make the grp at dl (or pk as alb) invite people you know, perhaps a few spare to fill in the gaps. Then if you get any backseat bards/clerics/whatever in the grp who seem to know how you should play your class better than you do then tell them to go roll one themselves and kick them. :p
Harsh but fair imo. :p

O

ormagaa

tip: dont ever, EVER play a pac-healer, EVER! youll break down into a sulking excuse for a human being after 5mins playing your bard after that :puke:

GIF BARDS LOVVE! (additional cctype, remove bullseye, give end-chant to hero or warden and let them twist pbt&end :p )

arnor

i have full pachealer.
why not play it? its the most fun i had in ages :)

The reason i rolled it cus.. everytime i was out with my warrior, the group lacked either ae cc, or brains behind the healers, so instead of whining on everyone saying they were stupid and should have performed better, ....i rolled one myself instead.

A

Arnor

Re: Re: A question and a tip for all you bards

Originally posted by ormagaa
arnor

i have full pachealer.
why not play it? its the most fun i had in ages :)

The reason i rolled it cus.. everytime i was out with my warrior, the group lacked either ae cc, or brains behind the healers, so instead of whining on everyone saying they were stupid and should have performed better, ....i rolled one myself instead.

umm, but you still need brains behind the healer :p

point is, a pachealer is so much better/fun to play then a bard, thats why i said what i did ;)

B

bult

ive played both bard and cleric and u must say both are more fun/ less frustrating then my theurg is atm. You say bard is easy to spot, well so is theurgs in tank groups and i die easier. with cleric survivability is nooo problem at all they are great at staying alive. Bard is abit harder but still stay alive long enough to get some rps unlike my theurg.

i hate casters.

B

bult

maybe this is ok since my theurg owns pretty much anyone 1on1 and i can exp/farm/pl pretty good unlike bard :d

G

Gahldir

I doubt bards have it any better. besides healing in random groups they alos have to hit the drum and do the CC. :)

yes, i can see cleric is hard to play in a random group. but i believe bard is even harder and more anoying :)

M

Mysteriax

Playing a druid now that is boring.
Only thing we do in the game is heal and gp . Since people usualy die to fast to even cast a heal yer insta's will be down after 1 fight. Spreadheal takes an insane ammount of mana , but after insta's the only doable way of healing everyone. Dont get me started on single heals , yeah you might be able to heal a tank vs 1 tank , well how often does that happen.
When ppl die its like OMG why didnt you heal us all you n00b blablabla.
Still its rewarding in a good group to have everyone safe and sound. To bad we cant even beat a mage in 1vs1 with weapons ;) .
Pls give a big hand for all the rvr'ing bards and druids in HIB.
:clap: :clap:
100% rez is nice after battle, dont try it in battle cause the casting time is insane :D
When the druid dies people usualy say why didnt you walk to pbaoe. Most of the time the PBAOE'r is in the front of the battle while the druids likes to remain in the rear or side.
Also after bards druids usualy gets picked up first by the mages and tanks, we need a bigger shield damn you mythic, because we have no a nice kill me sign in our hands.

Hehehe those where allot of frustrations :D

D

-Dreama-

Being FAR too lazy to actually read any of the posts in this thread I feel rather qualified to respond.
Bard is a damn easy class to play! For me at least. I don't mezz, I don't heal, I don't play the right songs, I am yelled at 100% of the time for all this and STILL I do it wrong, yet somehow, I get groups easily. So basically, as long as you're sexeh and people like you it doesn't matter how much you suck at your chars!

But seriously, I don't think playing a bard is as hard as people say. It's not really all that complex once you get used to it. Then again, the only classes I've ever really played are mezzers so I'm kinda used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom