A post regarding the other post..

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Not to spam the forum, but before I go to bed, I hope some people actully opened their eyes about what daoc is or can be about and what can ruin it (staj or random leeching noob)... its been an exciting evening.

why cant soloers and fgs that DONT want adds and zergs, try to take a reading of the zone itself, if there is irvr between beno / berk / eras.. you all know the insta rvr takes place between berk and beno, why not move solo fights towards pillars, fg fights at the south of the southern berk tower, or across the river, or between beno and eras.

If its in hib, you all know the insta rvr takes place between crim and crau, albs have crim and mids have bolg, why not move solo fights towards graveyard or such, fg fights south of graveyard and along the river (south) or even between bolg and crau.

This is how it worked when we used to play, not trying to uplift it or anything, but seriously its not hard if you truly burn a great daoc experience...

and last but not least, if you run into the irvr zone, expect to be zerged by the same groups you respect in the dedicated area, dont cry about it, you are in the wrong area for it, expect the players you respect to add you down, zerg you down, that area is for RVR, not fair fights...

eventought I personly might have had a hard time to accept it in the past, having seen how it works on other servers, I belive it can be done here, and for everyones wellbeeing.

summary of the past 3 threads made about tonight..

nn

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Not to spam the forum, but before I go to bed, I hope some people actully opened their eyes about what daoc is or can be about and what can ruin it (staj or random leeching noob)... its been an exciting evening.

why cant soloers and fgs that DONT want adds and zergs, try to take a reading of the zone itself, if there is irvr between beno / berk / eras.. you all know the insta rvr takes place between berk and beno, why not move solo fights towards pillars, fg fights at the south of the southern berk tower, or across the river, or between beno and eras.

If its in hib, you all know the insta rvr takes place between crim and crau, albs have crim and mids have bolg, why not move solo fights towards graveyard or such, fg fights south of graveyard and along the river (south) or even between bolg and crau.

This is how it worked when we used to play, not trying to uplift it or anything, but seriously its not hard if you truly burn a great daoc experience...

and last but not least, if you run into the irvr zone, expect to be zerged by the same groups you respect in the dedicated area, dont cry about it, you are in the wrong area for it, expect the players you respect to add you down, zerg you down, that area is for RVR, not fair fights...

eventought I personly might have had a hard time to accept it in the past, having seen how it works on other servers, I belive it can be done here, and for everyones wellbeeing.

nn

Go back to avalon and add your way to rr12

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

nn

Roflmao.

Are you on drugs? Did you wake up in some kind of a tomb and had a bad dream before?

How many times has WI been surfing the zerg?
How many RPs did you make while doing so?
Isn't fighting inferior groups similar to surfing zerg?
Do you consider soloing on a high RR caster with own speed and debuff and ML9 pet challenging?
Do you take joy in saying people should go to pillars for FG fights while adding on those exactly there?
Have you been playing on the cluster lately and following all groups like a bird so you are actually able to say who is roaming where?

Questions, questions....

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Roflmao.

Are you on drugs? Did you wake up in some kind of a tomb and had a bad dream before?

Do you consider soloing on a high RR caster with own speed and debuff and ML9 pet challenging?
Do you take joy in saying people should go to pillars for FG fights while adding on those exactly there?
Have you been playing on the cluster lately and following all groups like a bird so you are actually able to say who is roaming where?

Questions, questions....

lets try keep the post constructive shall we...

Himse

FH is my second home
Roflmao.

Questions, questions....

Didn't you used to do all this yourself.

and you play a sorc.. :S nuff said.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
on topic: like I said in the other thread, there's simply not enough ppl to support it.We tried running in the less busy and we didnt find anything there.. or maximum we could find TC group or some hib pug , and it gets tiresome to fight the same group over and over.. so lack of action actually leads you to the zerg areas in the end. And trust me its not cause we want to zerg down soloers!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
on topic: like I said in the other thread, there's simply not enough ppl to support it.We tried running in the less busy and we didnt find anything there.. or maximum we could find TC group or some hib pug , and it gets tiresome to fight the same group over and over.. so lack of action actually leads you to the zerg areas in the end. And trust me its not cause we want to zerg down soloers!

the zone dosent have to be far away really, thats the thing. You dont have to have an entire zone dedicated.. 1 year back we used to have set geograpical marks where fgs used to smash together, im quite sure their stil viable if you get the message out.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Didn't you used to do all this yourself.

and you play a sorc.. :S nuff said.

I have 8 ML10 chars ready for RvR and play what's needed or what I enjoy.

I used to run on solo on a Sorc for a bit and it was just retarded. I never made an idiot out of myself coming to flame a high RR Armsman grats thread claiming that I am a honourable solo'er on a caster and that I have the Lone Enforcer title on it though (like Staj did).

I used to surf the zerg with a FG a lot, did all kinds of camps and I never claimed it was particular hard or based the existance of my penis on the RPs I got from it.

It's hard to say where from I got the most RPs while running in a group as the game is not tracking it, but I assume it was zerg surfing/camping/bombing camps.

Think I never commanded anyone to a particular area for fair fights and added on them at the same place the same night.

I have a quite good idea where the groups roam if they roam and so do other members of the group I am playing with when they lead and I surely don't need Staj's advice on this issue, I think, none of the groups interested in FG fights do.

Think I got it all covered now, or?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Anyways last few days there have been more people on the server and more groups out than usual, so maybe there's still hope for Dyvet.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Anyways last few days there have been more people on the server and more groups out than usual, so maybe there's still hope for Dyvet.

with a push to the right direction im sure of it, im very suprised to see this fg activity.. although it needs better org imo, and no im not saying do this or do that, just trying to open some eyes..

Himse

FH is my second home

I used to run on solo on a Sorc for a bit and it was just retarded. I never made an idiot out of myself coming to flame a high RR Armsman grats thread claiming that I am a honourable solo'er on a caster and that I have the Lone Enforcer title on it though (like Staj did).

I used to surf the zerg with a FG a lot, did all kinds of camps and I never claimed it was particular hard or based the existance of my penis on the RPs I got from it.

It's hard to say where from I got the most RPs while running in a group as the game is not tracking it, but I assume it was zerg surfing/camping/bombing camps.

Think I never commanded anyone to a particular area for fair fights and added on them at the same place the same night.

I have a quite good idea where the groups roam if they roam and so do other members of the group I am playing with when they lead and I surely don't need Staj's advice on this issue, I think, none of the groups interested in FG fights do.

Very well covered =]

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH

yes yes point made, leave the thread if you dont have anything more to add except that ever returning personal grudge...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
the zone dosent have to be far away really, thats the thing. You dont have to have an entire zone dedicated.. 1 year back we used to have set geograpical marks where fgs used to smash together, im quite sure their stil viable if you get the message out.

That has been done via out of game communication by sitting together on IRC or the same vent server?

I am not interested in this. This kind of communication and IRC channel/Vent room modaration abuse and name calling and mid-fight channel hopping made it not very attractive for me. It takes away a bit from the tension of meeting an enemy group and it's also not needed to have solid fights.

If you would have followed FH in the past a bit closer you'd see that I did a post not long ago asking why not other groups roam around the Emain graveyard so your idea to add on our fights in order to teach us where to roam is just plain unjustified.

There has been some positive development on Dyvet lately, with more and more people trying to run semi set groups or PuGs and your knee-jerk reactions today didn't help the issue imho.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
That has been done via out of game communication by sitting together on IRC or the same vent server?

I am not interested in this. This kind of communication and IRC channel/Vent room modaration abuse and name calling and mid-fight channel hopping made it not very attractive for me. It takes away a bit from the tension of meeting an enemy group and it's also not needed to have solid fights.

If you would have followed FH in the past a bit closer you'd see that I did a post not long ago asking why not other groups roam around the Emain graveyard so your idea to add on our fights in order to teach us where to roam is just plain unjustified.

There has been some positive development on Dyvet lately, with more and more people trying to run semi set groups or PuGs and your knee-jerk reactions today didn't help the issue imho.

try updating the thread before posting again, thanks :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
try updating the thread before posting again, thanks :)

If you want me to leave the thread with force like you tried to enforce something today in DAoC with very questionable methods (see the repsonse of the active community in this matter), you have two options:

- You can report my post(s) to a moderator,
- You can apply for the position of a forum modarator and warn/ban me (again by mostlikely abusing your powers as I am quite moderate with the tone of my typings here),
- You can try to hurt me in real life or kill me, so I can't access this forum anylonger.

What's it gonna be Sherlock?

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
If you want me to leave the thread with force like you tried to enforce something today in DAoC with very questionable methods (see the repsonse of the active community in this matter), you have two options:

- You can apply for the position of a forum modarator and warn/ban me (again by mostlikely abusing your powers as I am quite moderate with the tone of my typings here),
- You can try to hurt me in real life or kill me, so I can't access this forum anylonger.

none, beliving in a logical person deep inside you actully.. feel free to write even more biased stuff based on that personal grudge of yours..

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
on topic: a fg only area would be ideal, like its been said many times already theres just not enough fgs out there, so lack of action brings you into the irvr area, but were there to either play hit and run with the enemy zerg or come across other groups who were either attracted to the same or had no intention of fighting 8 v 8, we dont attack soloers or add on fights (certainly not intentionally anyways)

more groups needed :(

fought myself really hard not to comment on anything else youve said/done tonight staj, so my post would be more directed to other people.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
none, beliving in a logical person deep inside you actully.. feel free to write even more biased stuff based on that personal grudge of yours..

That's a bad assumption, I don't have anything against sitting down with you for a pint and talking about it like I did in the past with some people who had different oppinions.

I'd maybe start with saying that calling people "ex-roleplayers" doesn't help the climate of the discussion and that grudge has several meanings, as in "enviousness" and "anger/resentment" and ask you what you mean.

If you mean enviousness, I give credit to where credit belongs to, there been a lot of better players out there than me or groups I ran with it, I never had a problem with accepting that for me or in public. There are certain limitations though, while I can accept that someone plays a Chanter very well in group or solo I will not say that it is a particular challenging issue to play one solo even if the Chanter takes on multiple enemies at the same time (which you have been claiming). On the other side I'd give credit to a solo Mentalist like Maeloch used to be, sure he had plenty of toys too, but not a debuff nuke for own damage and own speed.

If you mean grudge, you're simply wrong or I wouldn't invite you for a pint.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
on topic: a fg only area would be ideal, like its been said many times already theres just not enough fgs out there, so lack of action brings you into the irvr area, but were there to either play hit and run with the enemy zerg or come across other groups who were either attracted to the same or had no intention of fighting 8 v 8, we dont attack soloers or add on fights (certainly not intentionally anyways)

more groups needed :(

fought myself really hard not to comment on anything else youve said/done tonight staj, so my post would be more directed to other people.

from my pov I saw atleast 5 diff group (excluding the hib ones), adding hib ones you prob had around 7 or smth.. I would deffo say that is sufficient..

thanks for keeping personal matters outside.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie

At what age do u learn to count to two in Germany??

Septina

Part of the furniture
Go back to avalon and add your way to rr12

Said it before and i'll say it again.....
Oooooooh the irony. xDDDDDDDDDDD

Avalon is probably the best place you can go for fg vs fg and no adding, hence why i'm not surprised that you rerolled alb on Dyvet. ^^

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Said it before and i'll say it again.....
Oooooooh the irony. xDDDDDDDDDDD

Avalon is probably the best place you can go for fg vs fg and no adding, hence why i'm not surprised that you rerolled alb on Dyvet. ^^

I add no more than anyone else on this server, and tbh prolly alot less, I leave 1 v 1's unlike you and your group who I constantly saw added on 1v1's yesterday during the day, and I always try leave fg v fg unless they engage me, again unlike most groups or random solo zergers hihi staj/horner. So septina you add just like everyone else however when I add I make sure the numbers aint even, however you will just add on what you like and then post on FH pretending to be on your high horse, ahh its funny

Septina

Part of the furniture
I add no more than anyone else on this server, and tbh prolly alot less, I leave 1 v 1's unlike you and your group who I constantly saw added on 1v1's yesterday during the day, and I always try leave fg v fg unless they engage me, again unlike most groups or random solo zergers hihi staj/horner. So septina you add just like everyone else however when I add I make sure the numbers aint even, however you will just add on what you like and then post on FH pretending to be on your high horse, ahh its funny

Excuse me? :p I wasnt even playing yesterday, i really have no idea what you've been smoking. ^^
And sure, you might add just as much as anyone else on this server, but, having said that, this server isnt exactly FG vs FG friendly. ^^

All for the holy realm point etc. :)

Edit:
Oh and feel free to ask any of the soloers out there how much i add on them when playing my infil. :)
Which is btw the only thing i play these days.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus; said:
I leave 1 v 1's

Bullshit, (sorry, no cow phun ;P) but you and AE have steamrolled my solo fights more then anyone. sorry to say it. you DONT leave 1on1s :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom