A plea to check "Remove underwater fights..." (picture inside)

X

xGenocidex

Mythic won't even fix it so monsters/pets can't run through walls :p you honestly think they'll fix that... i do find the water amusing tho.. its like... haha you can't hit/shoot/cast on me anymore i've just dived!.... thats like a killer whale going... haha! you can't harpoon me anymore i've just gone underwater!... its silly tbh :p Laziest team of game designers i've EVER seen = Mythic Entertainment.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Bainshees should halved their damage and range, due to sound waves stopping earlier in water.

Sound also travels over 4 times faster in water than in air. Clearly short range cone damage should be quadrupled!

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Cooldown on 30s on surfacing/diving imo, would fix it.

Actually that sounds like a really nice solution to me. I like the water. Would be cool if they could introduce some underwater dungeons in nf imo. Or maye some underwater/underland water tunnels to connect stuff via water in addition to land connections.

Soulslayer

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Bainshees should halved their damage and range, due to sound waves stopping earlier in water.

You do know sound travels better through water than in air dont you :)

But someone already made that point...
Must read more :)

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed the worst part of daoc rvr, second is the too steep to climb terrain. Checked them both.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
as an archer I can imagine you like it, especially for escaping easy.

I love it when casters go up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down. Its lovely that you cant kill em then....

Cooldown on 30s on surfacing/diving imo, would fix it.

Start with healers underwater, when the enemy dive to kill you pop to the surface and have 30 seconds of "freedom".

Maybe not what you meant but it sounds awefully abusable.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Succi said:
that would mean you were camping underwater for a period of time = lame anyway

Well if your healers go underwater at inc it would still work pretty good tbh, you'd have like 15 seconds with enemy tanks stuck underwater if they went for the healers at all. It would be just as abusable honestly.

B

Betrayal

Playing a bow scout, underwater fights are ok, but when peeps start to surface / dive to avoid being nuked / shoot / hit in melee sucks. And they do it on purpose especially to avoid that, not because their water breath just runed out, or who knows? :>
A small fix could be this: make all water breath effects to be available only underwater, if the person surfaces, he loses his water breath buff / potion effect. Voillas, want to stay underwater fine, want to go surface, no more speed bonus / not able to dive and stay underwater without drinking potion again (1 min timer I think?) :>

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Betrayal said:
Playing a bow scout, underwater fights are ok, but when peeps start to surface / dive to avoid being nuked / shoot / hit in melee sucks. And they do it on purpose especially to avoid that, not because their water breath just runed out, or who knows? :>
A small fix could be this: make all water breath effects to be available only underwater, if the person surfaces, he loses his water breath buff / potion effect. Voillas, want to stay underwater fine, want to go surface, no more speed bonus / not able to dive and stay underwater without drinking potion again (1 min timer I think?) :>

Nice for fg that like to cross water :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom