A penny for your thoughts

A

Arnor

Originally posted by -nicolas-
You have a RC RM I guess? Explaining further to someone who can't even formulate a decent reply without including various childish profanities would be quite pointless indeed.

like danyan posted: read what the fuck happened, then try to be "mature"

You said that debuffing for mages need a nerf, your obviously clueless, if you dont wanna argue thats fine, I dont care. But just the nerve of THINKING of nerfing casters even more is fucking repulsive :puke:

ps: oh, im SO sorry if any of my cursing has fucking warped your fragile little mind.
How about being able to not focus on the profanities for instance? Its the way I talk, deal with it.

D

Danya

Heh, I don't have an issue with Arnor's swearing, it's not like I haven't heard it before and I'll bet you've heard it to. Trying to downplay his comments because of his use of profanity is weak, it just shows you don't have any real arguments.

And before someone pipes up with "you wouldn't talk like that in IRL", I would and do swear plenty IRL, I tend to tone it down for forums. :p

T

The Real Redi

Determination has turned RvR around for me. As a merc, and not a zerger by nature (although occaisonally i indulge ;)), i am often found wandering solo, or with one or two friends. These changes you suggest are obivously for groups that spend time forming themselves and fine tuning everything they do in the frontier.

Guard needs no tweaking whatsoever, as if you've ever tried whacking a chanter with MoC and a guard up, you'll know it doesnt take long to release back to Goth - once engaged by the tank, give up and run away, you won't win unless you're up against an eejit, or a stroke of luck occurrs.

Determination is the one thing that changed my RvR life, as my usual run out, whether grouped or not, would consist of leave PK, meet Hibs/Mids, get mezzed/stunned/paralyzed/rooted/whatever, stand there and watch the poor casters get butchered, then die in quick succession, to release and head back. At least, even with Purge not charged up, determination gives me hope that i will be moving again sooner, maybe even to the point where i can hit an enemy caster/healer...

If your that concerened about Determination, try looking at the reason we rely on it. I have issues with the amount of instas available, i have issues with the repeated button smashing tactics, i have issues with resists and interrupts, but i don't whine about it, cos i have the fall back of determination, seeing as purge is next to useless on a half hour timer, but as stated, reducing its recast will overpower it.

Taking Det away will kill off hybrids basically, unless they spend all their time hanging around with someone with BoF, or are twinked out of their arse.

Albion Casters, especially Cabalists, cannot be nerfed anymore - tis fuckin' im possible. Now we have the Inconnu, at least all of our decent casters don't have to stand a clear foot above the rest of the albions. To do real justice to casters, all that needs sorting is the screwey interrupt.

The only other gripe i have is the supposed "immunity" timer after certain effects - I can testify to being AEmezzed, then at the first sign of a step, Paralyzed, then slammed, then stunned, then some luri throws a stick and i go fetch it... The only other one i have a problem with is the range on the nearsight spells, and the duration... An immunity timer should apply to ALL effects of the same type (Body, Matter, Spirit etc) then maybe it would stop the constant Nearsighting and non-stop slamming and mezzing. :puke:

H

hotrat

Originally posted by The Real Redi

Determination is the one thing that changed my RvR life, as my usual run out, whether grouped or not, would consist of leave PK, meet Hibs/Mids, get mezzed/stunned/paralyzed/rooted/whatever, stand there and watch the poor casters get butchered, then die in quick succession, to release and head back. At least, even with Purge not charged up, determination gives me hope that i will be moving again sooner, maybe even to the point where i can hit an enemy caster/healer...

Im concerned with 2 things:
1: Det 5 is way too strong, I might as well not even bother mezzing/rooting a det 5 tank as they shake if off in under 10 seconds (the 75 second delve versions)
2: Det not being available to hybrids and casters. If some chose to run with a couple of reavers, a friar, a pala, a mins, a sorc and 2 clerics and they get ae mezzed guess what? The reavers/friar/pala and mins all get to watch as the sorc and 2 clerics are ganked 1 at a time :( not balanced imo, not balanced at all.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Danya
Have you seen the logs from 1.65 debuffs on pendragon? I'm guessing you haven't. Debuffs suck arse in 1.65. In particular debuffing for yourself sucks major arse - the duration is so short you can just about get 2 nukes off in it if you're lucky.

Here's a short log of a mana chanter nuking someone without buffed resists on pendragon. Look at that uber heat debuff that clearly needs a nerf:

[00:23:55] You begin casting a Empower Heat spell!
[00:23:56] You cast a Empower Heat Spell!
[00:23:56] You begin casting a Aurora Blast spell!
[00:23:58] You cast a Aurora Blast Spell!
[00:23:58] You hit for 244 (-30) damage!
[00:23:58] You begin casting a Aurora Blast spell!
[00:24:00] You cast a Aurora Blast Spell!
[00:24:00] You hit for 204 (-125) damage!

It lasts less than 4 seconds and doesn't allow any uber 500+ nuking, the target doesn't go below 0%.

The target goes from 38% to 11% resist. Which sounds about right - AoM is NOT affected AT ALL byt debuffs in 1.65.

I definitely agree. Based on these figures reducing the debuffs would just be ridiculous. I guess mythic reduced the debuffs the usual way by making them completely useless.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by The Real Redi

Determination has turned RvR around for me. As a merc, and not a zerger by nature (although occaisonally i indulge ), i am often found wandering solo, or with one or two friends. These changes you suggest are obivously for groups that spend time forming themselves and fine tuning everything they do in the frontier.

Taking Det away will kill off hybrids basically, unless they spend all their time hanging around with someone with BoF, or are twinked out of their arse.

Yes, the changes I propose are based on full group vs full group combat. Even in a zerg vs zerg battle the 'balanced' pure tank groups last longest and are usually also the ones being able to do any kind of damage with all the ae interupts going off. As far as soloing concerns there is no balance, mythic never intended it to be balanced how else could they justify the BD class and use of buffbots (besides the obvious revenue increase)?

Hybrids don't get determination. So imagine what it was like before determination for you in RVR, that's what it is STILL like for basically all hybrids out there.

Range means virtually nothing anymore.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by -nicolas-
I definitely agree. Based on these figures reducing the debuffs would just be ridiculous. I guess mythic reduced the debuffs the usual way by making them completely useless.

also, you should think about a thane +2/3 savages in group, quadhit @ capdmg etc etc

afdebuff has NO space in rvr imo, its way over the top. not like tanks need to do more dmg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom