A new try for all soloers out there:)?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Ok...been thinking about this a lot since of the latest discussions again lately.
I Just wanna start this to see what intrest there would be to open the solo zone again if gahn is up for organise it:)
I loved the idea and i thnk it was one of the best ideas ever to get some good solo action and also to solve some of the tension and add whine over all.
We have like 4 or 5 pages of registred people on those boards...and i didnt see half of the people in the zone. So if people really want this is think we all have to make it work. But details later....what is the intrest for this:)?
over and out...

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
dajnamajt said:
heh, stop get ideas and let the game flow itself.

hehe cant help it...its spring:p
And not intrested in zone then i guess:p?

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Yea I liked the solozone, despite all the high rr can't-win ppl :D

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
dajnamajt said:
sure sounds fun, but just wouldnt work.

It did work fine:) and would have if people had fought for keeping it a bit more. lso if it does start again its a really fun experiment to see if the people that claims to be true soloers still will go irvr and expect add free fights or if they are gonna try and go solo zone which they can and have totally add free fights.
we will see what happends:)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
would have worked fine if it weren´t for the only ppl u saw were either heros,champs or vampiirs with Theodon in the middle.

Got quite boring tbh

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
would have worked fine if it weren´t for the only ppl u saw were either heros,champs or vampiirs with Theodon in the middle.

Got quite boring tbh

Pfft! I ran there :p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
did a few runs in the solo zone... ran into alot of high rr's... the high rr's i did come across often gave a very fair fight.. not using all there toys etc.. well worth another try.....would be nice to see some people run low rr alts with less toys etc....i got a few low rr's to try out if people r up for it... maybe make it something going on couple times a week like the 8v8 grps do on agramon.....

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
Just go emain or odins while the zergs can port to Alb.

thanx:) but i myself have no trouble at all finding solo fights, and dont suffer when i cant find them. Alot of people seem to do, so was for the solo comunity mostly. Maybe one solution to the add/nonadd war thats going on atm^^

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
teh zerg is around Bold atm so stay away from that area. Mostly Hibs zerging and a few albs and an occasional mid now and then but as I said Most hibzerg is down there.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Phule_Gubben said:
teh zerg is around Bold atm so stay away from that area. Mostly Hibs zerging and a few albs and an occasional mid now and then but as I said Most hibzerg is down there.

You mean the 47 hibs camping the bridge and running up to bold to kill a couple of albs that are around there?

Well thats what the 20 or so were doing early afternoon (nice easy rp though when you had a decent group :p ) so im sure thats what the 41-53 hibs that guard spam was telling me was there was doing. Bloody annoying I had to turn /gu off :(

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't it about time ppl realize this game is simply NOT designed for duels...

The character diversity and balance are not made and totally unusable for any form of competitiveness in fighting/duelling...

personally, i'm so tired of ppl moaning crying , whining about adding, not adding etc...

If you have a good look at how the "duelling loving ppl" look at the concept of duelling, you will only find ONE type of played characters out there.
Those will be the characters that are totally overpowered when it comes to their speciality. How can someone considder a duel versus a class that has a frontal attack that hits for over 1/4 th of the hitpoints you have , followed by the designed chain attacks. add 4 different of health regains to it..DoTs, deseases, debuffs....a fair duel?
To conclude, you will only find classes with huge benfits over others in those things. (inbalance gives advantages that ends in fullfillment of the e-peen phase)
Those classes are superior in assassinations.... not in duels... use them for a natural assisination.... NOT for a pre arranged unnatural fight.

I love to see ppl roam solo... wandering, getting jumped and fight their fight.. be it alone or helped. As long as ALL is naturally... based upon sheer luck... i'm up for it.

Those Duel-begging-unnatural-players are those utterly annoyed 14-18 yr old kids that got sick of one fact: They have rolled a character that has extreme difficulties in finding what they were designed for.
EG: looking at the assassin , infiltrator classes.. 90% of the ppl playing have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is means to play an assassin. They can't get their regular dose of RP's so they design a way to circumvent their lack of inginuity and patience. About 60% of all naturel assassination attempts in rvr end up in a catastrophy for the assassin because he didn't pick his time and place properly...those ppl just SUCK at playing DAOC.

So... why do you all have to create something unnatural? imo just one reason.. because all attending ppl just suck horribly at playing their character. Compensating their incompetence in ruining RVR's basic intentions.

Again, i repeat, if a person feels like wandering solo in an enemy region... it is ok.. that is what adventuring is about...but if you have to set a spot and date where ppl can meet up to do what is normally NOT allowed.... pls , just quit this server.. go experiment on cammlann, they can use the ppl over there.. maybee we could have a population increase here as well as soon as ppl realize we play genuine DAOC here, not IRC

cheers,

(been a while since i wrote an essay, soz for spelling)

(btw, if i play my scout, i die about 3-4 times tops.... a session... duelers, in other words ppl that suck at playing their toon, die 15-20 times a session)
(pls do as you feel fit , really, i'm just telling my oppinion, it won't change anything, but maybee it could be givven some consideration)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
Isn't it about time ppl realize this game is simply NOT designed for duels...

The character diversity and balance are not made and totally unusable for any form of competitiveness in fighting/duelling...

personally, i'm so tired of ppl moaning crying , whining about adding, not adding etc...

If you have a good look at how the "duelling loving ppl" look at the concept of duelling, you will only find ONE type of played characters out there.
Those will be the characters that are totally overpowered when it comes to their speciality. How can someone considder a duel versus a class that has a frontal attack that hits for over 1/4 th of the hitpoints you have , followed by the designed chain attacks. add 4 different of health regains to it..DoTs, deseases, debuffs....a fair duel?
To conclude, you will only find classes with huge benfits over others in those things. (inbalance gives advantages that ends in fullfillment of the e-peen phase)
Those classes are superior in assassinations.... not in duels... use them for a natural assisination.... NOT for a pre arranged unnatural fight.

I love to see ppl roam solo... wandering, getting jumped and fight their fight.. be it alone or helped. As long as ALL is naturally... based upon sheer luck... i'm up for it.

Those Duel-begging-unnatural-players are those utterly annoyed 14-18 yr old kids that got sick of one fact: They have rolled a character that has extreme difficulties in finding what they were designed for.
EG: looking at the assassin , infiltrator classes.. 90% of the ppl playing have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is means to play an assassin. They can't get their regular dose of RP's so they design a way to circumvent their lack of inginuity and patience. About 60% of all naturel assassination attempts in rvr end up in a catastrophy for the assassin because he didn't pick his time and place properly...those ppl just SUCK at playing DAOC.

So... why do you all have to create something unnatural? imo just one reason.. because all attending ppl just suck horribly at playing their character. Compensating their incompetence in ruining RVR's basic intentions.

Again, i repeat, if a person feels like wandering solo in an enemy region... it is ok.. that is what adventuring is about...but if you have to set a spot and date where ppl can meet up to do what is normally NOT allowed.... pls , just quit this server.. go experiment on cammlann, they can use the ppl over there.. maybee we could have a population increase here as well as soon as ppl realize we play genuine DAOC here, not IRC

cheers,

(been a while since i wrote an essay, soz for spelling)

(btw, if i play my scout, i die about 3-4 times tops.... a session... duelers, in other words ppl that suck at playing their toon, die 15-20 times a session)
(pls do as you feel fit , really, i'm just telling my oppinion, it won't change anything, but maybee it could be givven some consideration)

i know many people feel like this and the solo zone have even been supervised by a gm in game..so the form we had it worked and was great as long a it worked. Also you are entitled to think what you want. But please do it in other threads as this one was to reinstate something for people that liked soloing and that we allready discussed. Try find the old thread and feel free to educate urself on the subject.
over and out..

And have to add that most people know its unbalanced..daoc was never created to make every class able to kille any other class 1 vs 1. My banes are reavers and warriors. So i know about it and im sure everyone else is aware as well. But it is still fun to solo and thats why we had this.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
yes:) If it was talking about regular dueling i wouldnt have signed up for this ting at all. Gahn that started it had an idea of a big zone were soloers do regular rvr. And a gm aproved of it and said it was ok. I am myself kinda against dueling....and like my rvr not to be staged. solo zone was great that way. The area was nig enough mostly for you to have to run around a lot before finding anyone...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
it was great in some ways.

what i didnt like was the areas were sometimes a pain in the ass to get to. and also there was never enough people. At its best moment it was almost catching on and could have ben something really cool... but it kind of died off.

mind u if it got to a point where like all the solos (or a large amount of the soloers) went there it would degrade into like the usual whines and u would get a lot of morons turning up to farm etc..

was nice though. we should try it again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
it worked for a time, but it felt like you were fighting the same people all the time and there was never that danger of adds, which adds a whole lot more fun to the game. it got quite boring as less and less people went.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
it worked for a time, but it felt like you were fighting the same people all the time and there was never that danger of adds, which adds a whole lot more fun to the game. it got quite boring as less and less people went.

i agree with that. thats my excuse to not show up in the later sessions. And im not sure it would work a second time. But as i said and like censi said if many really tried working for it , it just might work..and it would be cool to have as a second altrenative if you get tired of something else in rvr or in game. But it would die out again ofc if not people really make an effort.
Many are registred in presentation thread. If only half would show up on the session it would rock:))

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Ask Oriz to name a new zone, too busy with irl stuff atm :/

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
ebenezer said:
Ok...been thinking about this a lot since of the latest discussions again lately.
I Just wanna start this to see what intrest there would be to open the solo zone again if gahn is up for organise it:)
I loved the idea and i thnk it was one of the best ideas ever to get some good solo action and also to solve some of the tension and add whine over all.
We have like 4 or 5 pages of registred people on those boards...and i didnt see half of the people in the zone. So if people really want this is think we all have to make it work. But details later....what is the intrest for this:)?
over and out...

It was fun for a while tbh, but personally i started to miss the 2/3 stealthers vs 1. Also began missing the duels vs casters and other classes and so on. Was too much downtime because no one attacked each other while getting hp back, and the running around in 1 area all day fighting the same persons over and over again became abit zzz.. :p But it would be good for the days with zergs all over like irvr days.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I would join this with a low rr Nightshade once template is close to being finished. I only need a suit and 3 items. So :)

I think you should just do it, as the idea gets established and people begin to understand what it all means I would argue for it to be more widely available. I don't think peeps need to give up after one try after all these things have to be worked at - if you want your solo fight you are the only one who can make it happen tbh...

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
The character diversity and balance are not made
True

Red HATred said:
and totally unusable for any form of competitiveness in fighting/duelling...
Rubbish

You do have a point that certain classes like heavy tanks and to a much lesser extent assassins, will have an advantage over classes who need to rely on timers. At least I think thats what you were trying to say. And yes in a solo zone where you get fights every few minutes this effect will be amplified so that certain classes will win more often than they should in 'natural' RvR.

BUT to suggest that competitive duels are impossible just shows you've never soloed much as a meleer. Late night when most large groups have logged off, this kind of thing often happens, with plenty of duels between all types of classes, and people from different realms watching and not adding. And given that many people come back time after time would suggest that they are indeed enjoying it, and it does indeed work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom