A kewl dude, don't you think?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
I actually read it all (the english parts anyway).

Heres the gist of the story for those who cba reading it:

Zeb kicks some guy from guild.
Kicked guy asks why.
Zeb says there were complaints about him from officers.
Kicked guy asks for names, and asks all officers did they have a problem with him.
Officers say no.
Zeb says he cant give names.
Zeb says its actually something that happened before kicked guy joined guild.
Kicked guy keeps asking.
Zeb wont answer.
Kicked guy makes threats.
Zeb reveals he is not a small skiny guy.

See, why can't everyone do that for me - just condense the post into nice bite sized pieces - saves me reading 5 pages of nonsense :)

Now can someone go condense the 29-30 page Insult thread for me as well!

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
how can u honestly care if some1 swear at u / around u in a computer game or using bad language lol

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
(invisibletank) said:
ive just realised that tbh..zebolt .. u deserve a 3day timeout from FH...y u ask, coz u started this thread in the hopes to name and shame this guy really...and as a GM of a guild..that was a childish move imo.

if he stole items from ur vault ok, fair enough name him so more guilds dont get cheated out, but god..u kicked him from guild with no real reason shown towards us ( us being the peeps u tried to get behind u and say yes ur right he is a moron for death threats ) but naming and shaming in this case just wasnt needed, it should of kept within the guilds humour if u find it soo funny... i am still puzzled y u even bothered to post this up on FH :rolleyes:

come on Flim...u know u wanna ;)

nah making yourself look like a prick isn't against the FH rules, we'd have almost no posters if it was :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Demon2k3 said:
yes i agree get proof. i invited an guy to my guild that was romoured to be very rude and alot of swearing. still accepted him. will see when i come back tho after my internet-breakdwon if he's better.
I wasn't interested to get proof though, my officers and a GM didn't like him and I wanted to keep my guild members happy. I don't mind if some guy my friends don't like hates me really :>

Kaod said:
All very odd since you say you don’t mind making enemies then tell him you didn’t have a problem with him, it was all based on what the officers say…. Here you obviously did have something you could have used to show as an example to Ex as confirmation of his behaviour as far as you were concerned. Yet you hid behind those hidden Officers.
Well I didn't have anything against the guy and I still don't after the murder threats, I don't really care, it's a game you see. I've never had anyone on my ignore list and I've never disliked another guy online. I can laugh my ass off at ppl for being stupid and clueless (imo ofc), it doesn't mean I don't like them but I sure as hell doesn't want them in my guild. I could have told them that it was my idea to kick him but it wouldn't have been true and I don't see why I should lie about it.

(invisibletank) said:
ive just realised that tbh..zebolt .. u deserve a 3day timeout from FH...y u ask, coz u started this thread in the hopes to name and shame this guy really...and as a GM of a guild..that was a childish move imo. i am still puzzled y u even bothered to post this up on FH :rolleyes:
Well, I have no idea who the guy is on EU servers and I don't think any of you who do either so I'm not really naming anyone. The reason I put it on was cuz' I found it very amusing :>

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
nah making yourself look like a prick isn't against the FH rules, we'd have almost no posters if it was :p

:clap: priceless!

Zebolt: Not sure I agree with you're methods, but you have to manage you're guild as you see fit.

However, the jokey "death irl" thing you said could be interpreted as if you were making a threat to him first, and so I'd say that was a bad move.

As one GM to another, being perfectly honest, I'd say you might find it worth you're while to have a different way of inviting people - asking you're officers and co-gm's opinions before you invite someone to the guild is not a bad policy to have, it can solve problems like this before they arise.

I would've tried to sort it out without kicking him, tell him to sort himself out and if you hear of him causing trouble again he would be out, tell the other officers and gm's to keep an eye out, then the next time you hear of him causing trouble, pm him saying you've tried to be fair, he's taken the piss, goodbye, etc and the kick him before he starts with the arguements.

IMO removing someone from the guild is something that should be done only as a last resort, it can be really ugly and so when it has to be done, its best to do it as cleanly as you can, no arguements, just draw the line and let the person concerned know where they stand, then when they cross that line, kick them.

Had it of been me I wouldn't have posted this here, I would've kept it as an internal matter and let the other GM's and officers know about it, but I would not have posted something like this on a public forum, the court of public opinion can be a rather difficult thing to predict, and with fragile matters like this I'd have played it safe and not posted it. I can't see why you would find something like that funny though, seems rather a nasty affair to me, not something I'd want to go through at all, if it could be avoided.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
However, the jokey "death irl" thing you said could be interpreted as if you were making a threat to him first, and so I'd say that was a bad move.
Obviously to his response he took it as the joke it was though :>

Dukat said:
As one GM to another, being perfectly honest, I'd say you might find it worth you're while to have a different way of inviting people - asking you're officers and co-gm's opinions before you invite someone to the guild is not a bad policy to have, it can solve problems like this before they arise.
Yeah I learned my lesson there I guess :>

Dukat said:
Had it of been me I wouldn't have posted this here, I would've kept it as an internal matter and let the other GM's and officers know about it, but I would not have posted something like this on a public forum, the court of public opinion can be a rather difficult thing to predict, and with fragile matters like this I'd have played it safe and not posted it. I can't see why you would find something like that funny though, seems rather a nasty affair to me, not something I'd want to go through at all, if it could be avoided.
I don't mind a public opinion though, some ppl here thought it was fun and that was my intention. Ofc I knew there would be lots of flame towards me and how I did wrong but honestly, some comments on a forum doesn't make me cry :p

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
As a side note to all this, it is at least interesting to see how other guilds react to different circumstances, and if Zebolt (and others for that matter) have learnt something from posting this then it has been a wortwhile post.

I really don't think naming and shaming people is an altogether unfair tactic, taking into account what was said towards the end of the conversation, however strategic use of /ignore would have prevented all the bad feeling.

For me this was worth a good read - thanks. :clap:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
You know what? I'm sick of all this online arguing. Let me tell you a story thats gonna make you think twice..
There was another forum i used to post on a few years back. For as long as i could remember, there was this one guy who never liked me for whatever reason. I think his name was RuffRyder599 or some shit but that dosent really matter. He would constantly insult me and threaten to kill me, ect. It was kidna funny cause hed always make posts how to beat kids up with bats and stuff ..needless no say no one look that seriously. Well, i decided it might be a good idea to stand up to him, so i basically wrote out a paragraph telling him what i thought.
Big Mistake.
This didnt go over too well with him as he would lash out whenever i posted. This creep got my picture and posted it all over the internet.. It got so bad that he somehow went through the trouble to find my phone number and called me at all hours of the night. Apparently we lived close to eachother because he said he had boys right near my house. Anyways one day i'm coming home from the gym and i get out of my car when i see a big jeep speeding towards my house with rap music blaring. I ran inside and locked the doors, scared. My family was scared too and were about to call the police. The jeep pulled up to my driveway and 5 thugs got out.
I didnt want to endanger my family or anything so i figured i should go out and talk, which was really stupid. the "head" of them comes up to me and just stands there. I am confused.
Out of nowhere, he cracks a smile and says yo you know me right!? he puts out his hand for me to slap..i am very unsure because i dont know wtf is going on. i reluctantly go to slap hands when he bats it away and turns serious...thats when I realized... they were up to no good, started making trouble in our neighborhood i got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said your moving with your auntie and uncle in belair i whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror if anything i could say that this cab was rare but i thought nah, forget it yo home to bel-air! ipulled- up to a house about seven or eight i yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later looked at my kingdom i was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Melachi said:
You know what? I'm sick of all this online arguing. Let me tell you a story thats gonna make you think twice..
There was another forum i used to post on a few years back. For as long as i could remember, there was this one guy who never liked me for whatever reason. I think his name was RuffRyder599 or some shit but that dosent really matter. He would constantly insult me and threaten to kill me, ect. It was kidna funny cause hed always make posts how to beat kids up with bats and stuff ..needless no say no one look that seriously. Well, i decided it might be a good idea to stand up to him, so i basically wrote out a paragraph telling him what i thought.
Big Mistake.
This didnt go over too well with him as he would lash out whenever i posted. This creep got my picture and posted it all over the internet.. It got so bad that he somehow went through the trouble to find my phone number and called me at all hours of the night. Apparently we lived close to eachother because he said he had boys right near my house. Anyways one day i'm coming home from the gym and i get out of my car when i see a big jeep speeding towards my house with rap music blaring. I ran inside and locked the doors, scared. My family was scared too and were about to call the police. The jeep pulled up to my driveway and 5 thugs got out.
I didnt want to endanger my family or anything so i figured i should go out and talk, which was really stupid. the "head" of them comes up to me and just stands there. I am confused.
Out of nowhere, he cracks a smile and says yo you know me right!? he puts out his hand for me to slap..i am very unsure because i dont know wtf is going on. i reluctantly go to slap hands when he bats it away and turns serious...thats when I realized... they were up to no good, started making trouble in our neighborhood i got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said your moving with your auntie and uncle in belair i whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror if anything i could say that this cab was rare but i thought nah, forget it yo home to bel-air! ipulled- up to a house about seven or eight i yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later looked at my kingdom i was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

LOL fantastic - rep for you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Big Mistake.

lol fuking awesome ! ;)

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt can run his guild however he wants. Why? Because everyone can leave it if they wish to.
Fkn incredible some comments here - make it sound like he's running a country.
Thereby not saying that other guilds/ppl might treat him with less respect if he acts in a certain way but judging his decision out of these screenie's is pretty stupid atleast imo.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
Big Mistake.
Hehe, the fresh prince at the end ruined it a bit though imo :>

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
The sad thing i find about this thread is
WHY WAS IT MADE!!
oh god someone threatened me on the internet.. better go an hide under the table...
ohhhh ZABBY.. yes u Zebolt, GROW UP!
ever heard the phrase dont judge a book by its cover...
well heres somethin for ya... how about not judgeing ppl by there past, cus mate.... ur one person i can instantly tell that doesnt like to be "judged" by his past
The fact u even thought of posting this HORRIABLE excuse for a thread makes u childish, but hey.. dont take my word for it.. im jus a hypocritical person.. like u, only differance is, u dont know how to lead, i do

Veg Out

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
And the fact that he begged for PL several times didn't make things better when I clearly stated in the MOTD that we do not do PL, so don't even ask. I agreed to let PL him once when I was farming aurulites and after like 10 min he went afk without saying anything which resulted in pulling lots of mobs and dying.
you don't even follow your own guild rules yet you kicked him for his behavior before he was in your guild? having a "No PL" rule then agreeing to pl is just gonna cause problems cuz the GM has allowed it when the guild rules don't. as a GM it is your responsability to lead by example. you break your own rules than flash it all over FH. in the hopes to discredit him for his threats (which were childish but not unprovoked from what i've read) but all you've don't is just damage your own reputation as a fair and honest GM imho.:touch:
jesus i must live in a timewarp or something. seems a whole new page sprouted while i was typing. sorry to those who have used the quote above :(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
VegetaFH1 said:
The sad thing i find about this thread is
WHY WAS IT MADE!!
oh god someone threatened me on the internet.. better go an hide under the table...
ohhhh ZABBY.. yes u Zebolt, GROW UP!
ever heard the phrase dont judge a book by its cover...
well heres somethin for ya... how about not judgeing ppl by there past, cus mate.... ur one person i can instantly tell that doesnt like to be "judged" by his past
The fact u even thought of posting this HORRIABLE excuse for a thread makes u childish, but hey.. dont take my word for it.. im jus a hypocritical person.. like u, only differance is, u dont know how to lead, i do

Veg Out
LMAO... really :p

I didn't make this thread cuz' I in anyway I took offence by his insults (I don't understand how anyone can take offence in a game). I don't wanna go hide under some table, I wouldn't have kicked him and I really wouldn't have posted it here if I were afraid of flames or ppl making opinions about me.

First of all, judging who about their past? I have no idea who this Explosive is so how can I judge him about his past? Please tell me oh great wise one :>

Second, you apparently know nothing about me. I don't have any problem what ppl think or do to me. I couldn't care a rats ass if ppl judge me by my past. I have nothing to hide, I treat ppl the way I want and ppl are free to treat me with the respect they think I deserve.

Thirdly I've never said I was a good GM, infact I know I'm not. I didn't make the guild on Lamorak to have a great guild. I made it so that the ppl in it could have fun and play together. And when like half of my members don't like who I invite I sure as hell gonna kick him.

I don't have any idea who you are but I'm sorry to tell you that you're not even close to figure me out. And it shouldn't be that hard, I've been the same for 4 years now.

I don't really get it why ppl get so upset over a thread, if you feel so bad about a guy who's childish and pathetic enough to threaten to kill someone irl in a computer game why don't you find out where he live, go home to him and give him all your love and caring and he might feel better about himself someday xD

I seriously wonder why most ppl are stupid enough to take everything personal and serious that they feel they have to flame and threaten ppl. Is this where our society are going? A bunch of psychos running around hurting ppl cuz' they denied them a cookie.

And did most ppl really read the conversation? I mean if you did, do you really think you can break me with a "you're childish" on FH? You have to come up with something better than that :>

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Melachi said:
Big Mistake.

Hahahahahaha :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Thimble said:
you don't even follow your own guild rules yet you kicked him for his behavior before he was in your guild? having a "No PL" rule then agreeing to pl is just gonna cause problems cuz the GM has allowed it when the guild rules don't. as a GM it is your responsability to lead by example. you break your own rules than flash it all over FH. in the hopes to discredit him for his threats (which were childish but not unprovoked from what i've read) but all you've don't is just damage your own reputation as a fair and honest GM imho.:touch:
jesus i must live in a timewarp or something. seems a whole new page sprouted while i was typing. sorry to those who have used the quote above :(
haha, are you stupid or are you just trying to be? xD

Just cuz' I stated in the MOTD that we don't do PL to keep ppl from begging about it, does that make it a rule and mean that noone can ever PL a friend if they want to? lol, if you think that well.... I don't know.. you can't be serious? :p

I really don't see why ppl think I posted this to flame this dude. You don't even know who the guy is and he is not even playing on the server (if he's playing at all) anymore. I posted it cuz' I find ppl like him amusing and sad, they might do it cuz' they're bored, sure then it's not sad only amusing and strange.

Don't be stupid and asume stuff ppl :p

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
Thimble said:

sure if it took u 1h 35mins to write that post, else u might be in a time warp

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
zeb by order of the hamster god i hearby deny you to speak to a gimp called farald, next time u see him on let him know hes a gimp for me :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
No offence Zeb but you seemed a twat there.

The guy took it too far at the end but your constant 'ill try and sound professional because im a guild leader' crap pissed me off and I'm merely reading it!

You dealt with the situation poorly because you didn't speak to him at a respectable level, you made him feel inferior and you powerful due to your status. Furthermore, you refused to give evidance, what help is that? It's a game that is true but the guy sounded new to the game and to me it sounded like he had no idea what he did. You explained poorly, you gave non-existant evidance etc. Secondly, a second guy stood up for him and you didn't really take him into account. In my opinion, you make just as a bad leader as he does.

Also, why bring it to FH? I can see i'm not the only one who felt you handled it poorly so you kind of owned yourself there.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
In my opinion, you make just as a bad leader as he does.
Zebolt said:
I've never said I was a good GM, infact I know I'm not.
:>

Bugz said:
Also, why bring it to FH? I can see i'm not the only one who felt you handled it poorly so you kind of owned yourself there.
kiliarien said:
For me this was worth a good read - thanks. :clap:
For ppl like him who actually get the point, instead of nagging along about useless info. I mean if I posted a great recipe on FH saying you have to try this cake etc etc and somewhere in the 37 lines of text I mentioned that I got this recipe form my ex-girlfriend, 90% of the replies would sound something like: OMG Zeb, lies!!!!!111one you never had a GF.. Fking noob! :p

Bugz said:
You dealt with the situation poorly because you didn't speak to him at a respectable level, you made him feel inferior and you powerful due to your status.
Well I just had to, I did it to provoke him cuz' I wanted to know how he handeled it, and to my joy he was the funny type :p

Bugz said:
the guy sounded new to the game and to me it sounded like he had no idea what he did.
He wasn't new, he had chars on prydwen or excalibur.

Bugz said:
No offence Zeb but you seemed a twat there.
None taken :>

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
And I really don't underastand why I should have to bring evidence to kick someone from MY guild. I can do whatever I choose with it.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA :m00:

blejs

Loyal Freddie
wtf Zebolt weak GM!
Cba read 2-4pages on this forum, but that u even cba to discuss so much with him. If he say why etc, just say cba explaining. Or a simple thing, that u wasted so much time on him i dont understand :)

I wouldnt have that dynamite dude either in guild after that discussion :)

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Big Mistake.

lol, funniest thing i've read here in a while, repped ^^ actually made me laugh out loud irl!

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
haha, are you stupid or are you just trying to be? xD
hey that's pretty good cuz i was kinda thinkin the same thing about you :cheers:

Zebolt said:
Just cuz' I stated in the MOTD that we don't do PL to keep ppl from begging about it, does that make it a rule and mean that noone can ever PL a friend if they want to? lol, if you think that well.... I don't know.. you can't be serious? :p
no you as GM pl'd a guy in your guild even though you made the rule and call him a noob for wanting to be pl'd again. give a dog a treat and he'll come back for more....so when he begs you kick him out of the house?

Zebolt said:
I really don't see why ppl think I posted this to flame this dude. You don't even know who the guy is and he is not even playing on the server (if he's playing at all) anymore. I posted it cuz' I find ppl like him amusing and sad, they might do it cuz' they're bored, sure then it's not sad only amusing and strange.

Don't be stupid and asume stuff ppl :p
you posted this to humiliate someone while making yourself look good. that makes you amusing and sad. i couldn't give a shit who you are or how you run your guild. it really doesn't affect me in anyway. but if you're gonna post something on here you have to expect different opinions and views. but at the end of the day, knowing absolutely nothing about you, him or the subject matter. going purely on what you've posted. i'd have to say you handled it poorly. and by your poor managment of the sittuation it escaladed to the point of him making abusive comments. but hey it's your guild. glad i'm not in it :twak:

Zrall said:
sure if it took u 1h 35mins to write that post, else u might be in a time warp
actually it probably did take that long. had company over and was getting beaten up by all the kids so i popped back to the comp when i got the chance.

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Thimble said:
you posted this to humiliate someone while making yourself look good. that makes you amusing and sad.
:clap:

That's the crux of it it seems, especially given the subject heading.

And yes, some people enjoyed it - some people do enjoy these kinds of pm/cg flame fests, fair enough, each to their own - however, as a war of words go, imo it was neither particularly funny nor was it quite the walkover you seem to want to think it was.

He did come off like a bit of a loser at the end, but I actually feel quite sorry for him tbh. It's only a game like you say, so surely theres no harm telling him exactly what he did wrong and being fair?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Thimble said:
i'd have to say you handled it poorly. and by your poor managment of the sittuation it escaladed to the point of him making abusive comments. but hey it's your guild. glad i'm not in it :twak:

nah, he mearly revealed the guys true nature!
who would want to have a "ZOMG I KILL YOU UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD IRL" in his guild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom