A Geersha prophecy - help break the code!

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Addlcove
it´s a question about comming up with a likely match that will make sense in the english translation, apaghast and upright isn´t exactly alike either.

it wasn't apaghast but apraghtash that ment upright, change vowels, remove -ash ><

other closest word is apractic: loss or impairment of the ability to execute complex coordinated movements without impairment of the muscles or senses

S

SilverHood

It all looks a bit danish if you look at it from a different perspective.

sort of cockney danish spoken by a true Jyde or Bornholmer.

P

PJS

Originally posted by Addlcove
Wath yarash farstah arravalash, yah braghtah ash yarash strangthah, andash anatah arash bannarsah andarah yarash cammandah, Wah warshappadash yarash avatarah madash afah thah farstah traalah.

With your first arrival, your brought us your strength
and United our banners under your command.
we worshipped your avatar made of the first tree

Close but no cigar :), traalah doesnt translate to tree, there needs to be an l in it

I just translated it myself from scratch and best I came up with so far is trial but I dont like it

Theres no way wathatash is weapon either, it is without

you gagash us without falagah agastash the upright people .... is what I have at the moment for that part which is the hardest part of the piece

you would think agastash goes to against but the 'n' is missing, spelling mistake?, same for falagah, another 'n' missing?

you gag us without {feeling or failing} against the upright people (a reference that geershas cant talk to their enemy? )

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I assumed that 'trial' referred to their first attack or whatever it was that they did.

S

SilverHood

ye gage e wathate falage agaste

ye gage e = you gave us

wathate could be weapons, whatever, whathave, er

its a matter of using the first word: gagash or the edited one gage

personally, I think it makes perfect sense.:

From the deepest and most sacred bowels of the earth, up to the world above burnt every day by the fire in the sky, you gave us weapons forged against the upright people, and every night all stomachs are filled with the flesh of our enemies.

mentioning spelling mistakes against the main peiece... MS word would have a fit if you ran that through it.

On the tree / trial bit, I never took part in the campaign myself, so maybe someome who took part can say?

Could be troll as well, but where that fits in, I do not now :)

P

PJS

Yes but you cant ignore the rules used translate the whole piece because of a difficult sentence

trailing h,ah,sh or ash are ignored
a's are replaced with vowel combinations or y
ALL OTHER CONSONANTS APPEAR IN THE TRANSLATED WORDS IN THEIR CORRECT PLACES

so being consistent and not trying to force a sentence to fit because we like the sound of it

yah gagash ash wathatash falagah agastash thah apraghtash paplah

gagash is not gave (abavah -> above so there is no precedent for g=v)
wathatash is not weapons, it is most probably without
falagah is not forged
agastah being strict is not against either because of the missing n, n appears elsewhere so it is not dropped as part of the code however the context and lack of viable alternatives indicates that a spelling error is a possiblility

so gagash translates to a word beginning and ending with g with vowels only inbetween and maybe a trailing vowel or y.

Current possibilities -

gagash - gag, gig, gauge, gouge
wathatash - without
falagah - foliage (???), filing/feeling/failing/fooling/fouling/fueling (spelling)
agastah - agast (to terrify), egest (cast out), against (spelling error)

M

Marwolaeth

might be way off the mark but most of the words ending in "ash" appear to have the last letter before the a as a hard phonetic sound (e.g. Duh instead of dee for D)

Therefore Gag does seam to be the translation however it's a very messy word to fit into the sentence

S

SilverHood

ash could be replaced with an "e" all the way through, hence "gage", which very much could be "gave"

on a translation bit, it could have clauses, like the i before e after a c, etc

it could also be written in old english (ish), where we have taken some liberties getting it into proper oxford english
Using your assumptions, the closest I can come to somethin that makes sense is:

You gave us whatever foraged against the upright people,

This makes sense, since the next line is:
and every night our stomachs are filled with the flesh of our enemy,

no? :)

G

Graknak

You really think they took THAT much effort? :rolleyes: all they did was make a French story and let the lowest payed person translate it to English ^^ j/k

Either way, the general idea of the story is there, Geersha's where mad about being opressed by us (Mids/Albs/Hibs) had some ubah Geersha lead them to take some lowbie keeps, Alb/Mids/Hibs come and kill ehm, Hibs/Albs/Mids whine about event weapons that dropped :D

D

Driwen

uhm the story is geersha being oppressed fought off the hibs/albs/mids. Got defeated by the hibs/albs/mids and that the geersha will return. Atleast thats the prophecy, which doesnt mean that it has to happen as prophecy's are more often wrong than right ;).

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by driwen
uhm the story is geersha being oppressed fought off the hibs/albs/mids. Got defeated by the hibs/albs/mids and that the geersha will return. Atleast thats the prophecy, which doesnt mean that it has to happen as prophecy's are more often wrong than right ;).

I prophecise you'll be proved wrong on that account! :D

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Marwolaeth
I prophecise you'll be proved wrong on that account! :D

How can I be proved wrong when I didnt make a claim that something will or wont happen?:p

G

Graknak

"you guide us without failing against the upright people"

This sounds good enuff, better the the "weapons forged" translation and it fits perfectly with the "and every night our stomachs are filled with the flesh of our enemy" as you can't accomplish that with failiure ^^

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by driwen
How can I be proved wrong when I didnt make a claim that something will or wont happen?:p

I'm prophecising that your claim that most prophecies are more wrong than right will be proved wrong by the powers of my prophecy :p

P

PJS

Well now that GOA have posted the answer in todays news we see that there were no less than 3 sodding spelling errors in that line. No wonder everyone was struggling with that part.

It should have read

yah gadash ash wathatash falangah aganstash thah apraghtash paplah

you guide us without failing against the upright people

miffed

G

Graknak

w00t, the final puff of my brain puffed out the right thing, yes i r teh winnar ;)... and those other ppl, you know ^^

anyway i'm still waiting for a mail from GOA saying when we can collect our gifts :D

D

Driwen

Originally posted by PJS
Well now that GOA have posted the answer in todays news we see that there were no less than 3 sodding spelling errors in that line. No wonder everyone was struggling with that part.

uhm its a language based on the english one, but in every language there are errors in the grammar (deviations from the rule) so its probably not a spelling error, but by design as its a language not math ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom