A friendly warning

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Using an exploit to get more RPs than normal for a kill will get you into serious trouble. For a first offence you will get a 15 day suspension and a total wipe of all RPs and realm abilities on your characters. You will also be put on a final warning meaning that any further infringement for anything at all will see your account permanently banned. If you have already recieved a suspension for anything at all and I catch you doing this then your account will be permanently suspended.

Within the last ten minutes, five people have found out that I am not joking. Two of those will not be playing again.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so just do it in the middle of the night or in the weekends, you still haven't fixed your XML's so you will have to catch the people in person.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
what if it happens on accident?

the bug can kinda easily happen on accident

ps. i am kinda happy that you do strong action on people but a permaban is kinda harsh. Resetting the rpeees should be proper punishment imo (not that i am making the rules)

Please do something about the lagabusing retards i reported while you have the banstick in close range btw

IainC

old.windforce said:
what if it happens on accident?

the bug can kinda easily happen on accident

ps. i am kinda happy that you do strong action on people but a permaban is kinda harsh. Resetting the rpeees should be proper punishment imo (not that i am making the rules)

Please do something about the lagabusing retards i reported while you have the banstick in close range btw
5 people stood around in a circle discussing who's turn it is to get the bugged RPs is not an accident.

mirieth!

Banned
don't get me wrong, i 100% agree with this action taken, but why did this even happen on euro servers when it happened on u.s. servers and was discovered and resolved BEFORE (afaik) it was discovered/used here?

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
mirieth! said:
don't get me wrong, i 100% agree with this action taken, but why did this even happen on euro servers when it happened on u.s. servers and was discovered and resolved BEFORE (afaik) it was discovered/used here?
Goa translates all the information taken from US into german and french and that takes some time ... :D:D:D

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I still don't see why they translate the American into English, since they translate it into Spanish/German/French/Italian as well. Really annoying having American spelling for words - Gothwaite Harbor, pants!, dye color, etc

I would do it, if I got paid ofc :D

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
5 people stood around in a circle discussing who's turn it is to get the bugged RPs is not an accident.

omg...

you went into detail, how about customer privacy?
<just a friendly taunt, don't bite me>

Pretty obvious case here.

And since rpeees are the foundation of the reward system in this game i understand strong action.

Hard for the people banned who didn't understand this and thought it was just another bug exploit that gives like a 3 days suspension when you got caught.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
3day->7day->15day->Perma in my case ;) If they cought me every time my account would be closed a few weeks after I opened it.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Something that bothers me is however that I only used it to see if it worked and showed it to a few people, nothing like the organized abuse on those screenshots, yet they still have open accounts.

IainC

FallycSymbol said:
Something that bothers me is however that I only used it to see if it worked and showed it to a few people, nothing like the organized abuse on those screenshots, yet they still have open accounts.
That's the problem right there. Encouraging other people to cheat is worse than just cheating yourself.

Odinsbond3

Fledgling Freddie
@requiel
and will Goa look the server log for more rps bug farmer?Many players use and have use the rps bug!And i will see banned the players :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Lol :D
Why don't you just hotfix it btw? Can't be that hard.

FresH

Fledgling Freddie
If they ban everybody who use it (i mean how long does it work? sind DAoC Realease ??) than i dont want to know how many ppls get banned.

I think it will be the same with LAG Jump. If you get caught u will be banned...

because if they have banned every lag jumper camlanns ppls reduced to 10 ;) ....

OK now its patch fixed but i think the next patch will bring a RP farming stop ... like in the US ..

I think its the same with Hackers ... some ppls just want to show they there is a Problem .. fix it .. thats why they make it public ... and others just think... wtf rps rps rps :)

I mean just make a game without such a big bug ... than you dont need to ban ppls ..

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
Lol :D
Why don't you just hotfix it btw? Can't be that hard.

because dear Afran that would require 5 mins work, and since its camlann....

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
the good thing - they acted and punished the people
the bad things - the thirdpartytool user are still running around, the texturebug exploiter are still around, banshees still nuke through walls, only some rp bug users caught, they arent able to fix this rp bug .... to be continued.

would be nice if goa/rn would be that strict when it comes to other situation.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
FresH said:
because if they have banned every lag jumper camlanns ppls reduced to 10 ;) ....

OK now its patch fixed but i think the next patch will bring a RP farming stop ... like in the US ..

Lag jumping isn't fixed. People window dragging like crazy these days. I started reporting them because its annoying as hell

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
old.windforce said:
Lag jumping isn't fixed. People window dragging like crazy these days. I started reporting them because its annoying as hell

you would report people for farting if you could, almost as bad as Xqjoz :m00:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Requiel said:

haha pwnd by the goa invisible man :)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Amildin said:
you would report people for farting if you could, almost as bad as Xqjoz :m00:

Xqjoz is banned (for a few days) for calling someone a bad word after he killed a buffbot in a texture exploit

And i would never report anyone for farting but slamming me from 200-300 units after i masterfully pre-kited pisses me off royally. As does constant out of view message and mysterious 500 unit warps

FresH

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:

OK Window dragging ... but craft jump is fixed ... and i mean sometimes the server is laggy and when u jump u make a lagjump even if you dont want it ... but i have not see many lag jumpers after the patch ... so window dragging must be harder than /macro JUMP /craft a ;)

mirieth!

Banned
just watch spanniards in a fg fight versus anyone. as soon as they start to lose... oh look, the person i'm trying to cast on just lagged out of range / oh i can't target this person because they are 50 miles up in the air.. etc. fucking annoying.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
old.windforce said:
Xqjoz is banned (for a few days) for calling someone a bad word after he killed a buffbot in a texture exploit

xqjoz is on his last warning fyi, and yet hes reported more cheaters/whatever than anyone else i know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom