A few server suggestions ?

T

throdgrain

Well, make it less by all means, I was being conservative suggesting 10 really :) When Ive been on some servers its been up to 16 rounds per map, which really is too long .

C

Chameleon

Aye, agreed, 10 as a max but lower might be even better.
Going back to the sniper thing ..... all/mostly snipers on some maps is a feature of most publics but something you wouldn't find in well organised games of regular players. There are ways of getting around it, such as rushing early on, taking indirect but more covered routes, using cover well, moving only at the right times. These all work quiet well. When it becomes annoying is when every single person on the server is a sniper. This happens quiet regularly on certain maps unfortunately. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of auto-balance feature for weps, a bit like when a person tries to join allies when they already have 4 more than the axis and the game forces them to axis. Maybe they will add this ability in a later patch, although I'm sure a mod will come out before then. As throd said, all snipers is still better than none at all, so for now it's something we have to live with.

J

jo.

Is there a way of making the map change after a team has won X amount of rounds ?
It seemed that way on a server I was playing last night, at least...

If there was, perhaps you could set it so the map changes when one team wins 5 rounds... that way the fun, balanced games could go on for up to 9 rounds, while the rubbish "one-team-getting-soundly-trounced" games end after 5.

M

mike-c

Not that I'm aware of jo.

I thought the scorelimit setting for SD should work, but I just tried it and it doesn't, the games continue regardless.

Perhaps it was just chance that the rounds ended when they did on the server you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom